Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-14, 03:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/151/121 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 57%
Talking Cheating Dreams

Lately I've been having some weird dreams, which is odd because I barely ever remember having any dreams at all when I wake up. I dream about cheating, a couple nights ago I ate 3 slices of pizza and in the back of my head I kept thinking, "Don't eat that!." I would wake up and still taste the pizza and then feel better when I realized it was a dream. Lol. Then last night I had the same kind of dream with chocolate covered oreos. Am I the only weird person here that does that, or am I not alone?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-14, 03:21

Plan: Zero
Stats: 95/95/95 Female 50
BF:0
Progress: 36%

Well honey, if you're gonna cheat, that's the way to do it!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-14, 03:26

BF:

Haha. I know, right?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-14, 07:16
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Be careful! Some of the people who post their daily weigh-ins have attributed an uptick on the scale to a dream about cheating the night before. I guess even those imaginary carbs can be a nightmare.

My oldest daughter joined me in my LC WOE about a month ago. She has done amazingly well. But she too has said she has had several dreams about cheating. I have had them, too - but not lately. Sticking to our plan is very important to us and we wrestle with urges, cravings, and simply memories of eating carb loaded food -- sometimes consciously and sometimes subconsciously. I'm not surprised that this conflict occationally manifests itself in our dreams. As long as we don't take them as a vision of the future, I think we'll be OK.

Last edited by khrussva : Tue, Jul-01-14 at 11:16.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-14, 10:45

BF:

I was thinking that maybe that was a sign that I was going to cheat, but I never get cravings during the day, only in my dreams. Haha.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-14, 10:53
The Patient Loser

Plan: LCHF/keto
Stats: 165/159/135 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

I *think* I can remember having a cheating dream last night, but I can't remember it to save my life! This was my first time, ha ha.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-14, 12:26

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I started a thread about this some time ago, I've had dreams with ice cream and cookies floating in front of me. The last one I was eating those monster cookies and ice cream and I woke up suddenly thinking I had eaten them. I was so upset I woke up BF and we checked the bedding for crumbs I haven't had them since but I'be been on plan for a while now so they have probably settled down on their own.\

As for cheating, in your dreams is the way to do that I've had some wowsa dreams lately but not of food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cough, cough. . . I must have a vivid emagination
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-14, 19:20

Plan: Atkins (NANY)
Stats: 233/199/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

I used to get "cheating" dreams all the time after I quit smoking. I used to dream I would buy a pack and smoke half of it before remembering that I quit. I've been smoke free for 10.5 years now, so cheating dreams are probably nothing to worry about
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-14, 08:40

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I've been having them. Halfway through I suddenly realize I'm supposed to be eating LC and freak out. "What will my LC buddies think!!!!" The horror.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-14, 20:56

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 352/332/240 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I had a dream the other night - had a ham sandwich with sour cream and onion chips. The whole time I was eating it I was rationalizing in my dream the amount of carbs with each bite!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-14, 06:26

BF:

Over two months in and I'm still having cheating dreams. Only difference is now I don't freak out like I used to. Now if I'm cheating in my dream I think, "Well I better enjoy this because I'm going back to eating low carb after I finish". Haha