Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 15:42

Plan: Atkins ‘72
Stats: 260.5/179.0/180 Female  5'5 1/2
BF:My hubs
Progress: 101%
Default Anyone still here?

I hate not seeing anyone post anything here.

I've been here since 2003. I have lost and gained the same pounds over and over. sad..... But I am now 26 months from turning 50. Ugh, 50.

I had major surgery last December. And it's looking like I might have another one here soon. I suffer from chronic pain (hence the surgeries) and I know I need to try and lose this weight before the wonderful politician's who think they are doctors, take away my pain medicine.

So I know I am gonna need help getting back into the swing of things. Who's here? Anyone around still fighting carbs and need a friend?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 16:03

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Still here

Hi Deb.....I am still here as are a lot of folks, but I think folks just check in and read but don't post. That is what I am guilty of sometimes........I am fighting carbs still and sometimes don't do a very good job. I am guilty of falling off the wagon. However I have not gained weight......this past year I have lost weight.....about 20 pounds, but I went up a bit before the recent loss so I've lost more than 50 pounds since I started this a few years ago. I lost most of my weight in a couple of years, then stalled out because I was on and off the diet. I am now starting to get strict again and am checking in for support. So, take heart and keep coming back and posting. I will be here and so will others...they just need to wake up!!! I need to lose another 50-70 pounds to reach my goal and I would appreciate the company!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 16:15

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I was 5-7 pounds short of requirements to join, so Im elsewhere.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 20:05

Plan: LCHF / IF
Stats: 333/113/138 Female 5'6"
BF:BMI 56/18/22
Progress: 113%

I'm here in this sweet and supportive place
cwbydeb I'm 8 months from turning 50 and it has been my goal all along to be at goal by my 50th birthday
I stop by for a read rather often -- *inspire*
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-18, 08:50

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

I'll check in...

I lost when I stopped fighting. I am over 50 and have maintained 100+ lb weight change since about October 2016

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/daily.txt

Instead of "Ug, 50" or "Yeah, 50!" I'm learning to feel, "hmmm, 50, interesting"

And "fighting carbs" is like fighting to stay young. There is nothing to fight. We are born, grow old, fall sick and eventually die. Spending energy fighting against a riptide you don't get to enjoy the view as you are struggling against it back to the the beach. If you stop swimming and let it carry you out you will find calm and another way back to the beach that's an easier swim.

For me low carb eating is the path to the easier swim back and I get to enjoy the "ride of life" and am curiously relaxed about things as they come up and go away, good and bad.

For me it's about eating certain way for the sake of itself and the results it seems to produce. It's not transactional, it's transformational.

I wish you well
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-18, 15:06

Plan: Atkins ‘72
Stats: 260.5/179.0/180 Female  5'5 1/2
BF:My hubs
Progress: 101%

Hi everyone! I have been coming to this site for so many years its more like family than strangers.

Like I said before, I started here a few years ago.... and at the time I figured I needed to lose about 100-105 lbs. At this point in my life losing 20 would make things a little easier on my poor body.

Thank you for all the reply's. I think we could be great support for each other, including you Ms Arielle! You are an honorary member now! I'll try and keep the conversations flowing, please join in where you can!

What plan is everyone following? Are you still following the same one you started this journey with?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-18, 19:36

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbydeb
..What plan is everyone following? Are you still following the same one you started this journey with?

Basically mine is similar to when I started but I'm more liberal with carbs and and am doing less IF then when I was losing weight at a rapid pace. Works for me and is easy to foillow.

Avoid GPS: Grains, Potatoes and Sugar
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-18, 10:54

Plan: LCHF / IF
Stats: 333/113/138 Female 5'6"
BF:BMI 56/18/22
Progress: 113%

I started on Atkins last year which I still follow in as far as the set out low carb veggies. Plus OWL foods -- I try to keep my carbs under 35g a day -- somedays it's under 20g
I added IF after a looong slow month in the third month I think it was and haven't looked back (yet) hehe
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 09:53
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbydeb
What plan is everyone following? Are you still following the same one you started this journey with?
Hi Deb, been here as long as you.... 16 yrs and yeah, I'm still following the same plan.
Mostly Carnivore with a salad somewhere in the mix and maybe some broccoli, but mostly meat. I don't really know any other way to eat.
been eating this way for 46 yrs.. guess i've always been a meat eater.

welcome back. good luck with your surgeries, and hopefully you'll get the pain under control.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 12:25

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/205/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I'm here, in my seventies, losing very slowly and enjoying the process. I'm eating far more carbs than when I started, because I want to enjoy the process. At this rate, I might not live long enough to get to enjoy the result, and that'll be okay too.

Meg
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 18:13
Registered Member

Plan: LC, IF
Stats: 256/240/190 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melesana
I'm here, in my seventies, losing very slowly and enjoying the process. I'm eating far more carbs than when I started, because I want to enjoy the process. At this rate, I might not live long enough to get to enjoy the result, and that'll be okay too.

Meg

Hah! In my seventies, also. I could say the same thing. I recently upped my goal weight from 150 to 190 because I just don't want the stress of thinking I have to lose so much.

I'm trying to get a little below 200 and that's it for now. I recently gained back 5 pounds, trying to lose that.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 01:19
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

I've been here on and off since 2003 or 2004 as well, lost 100+ and then gained it back. I had bypass surgery in December 2017 and am following a low carb regime post-op. It hasn't been easy but the results are great and with this tool, it's much easier to stay on track because if I don't, there are physical consequences.

I've relost 100 pounds and am still working on the last 20+. I had the surgery just over a week before I turned 65 .. a gift to myself!!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 06:41

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

I'm still here. My top weight, that I know of, was 276. (My current goal is where I was at the beginning of the year.) I'd love to get below 176.

I've been in a stressful situation caring for my mother, who died recently at 92. There are always stressors in life, but that was a unique one that kept getting worse, until it ended. I'm hoping that now I can devote myself to a better effort more consistently. I lost 60some pounds last year but gained most of it back.

So, here I go again.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 07:58
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

I understand that stress, JLx. My mother is 98 and always a worry ... still living on her own but really not capable of it at this point. I hope your refocus will bring you back to your stride and help get the regained weight back off.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-18, 10:09

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hey all, I too have been stressing over my 93 year old mother. She is currently in an assisted living facility and wants to be back home, which is no longer possible for her given her condition and dementia. I have total responsibility for her, her finances, and am now working on trying to hire a company for an estate sale for her home of 65 years - which is full of stuff....then I have to sell the house. This has been my responsibility for the past several years, as both of my sisters live far away, and it has made an impact on my health and diet. I was recently diagnosed with COPD which has severely limited what I can do physically. I am trying to get back on my diet.....I have been eating some carbs, but fortunately I have not gained - I have actually lost weight, probably because of the medicine and copd....who knows. I still need to lose about 60-70 pounds to meet my goal so I need to do better.