Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: What Supermarket do you buy your food???
Morrisons 3 8.57%
Asda 5 14.29%
Safeway 3 8.57%
Tesco 10 28.57%
Sainsburys 6 17.14%
Co-op 0 0%
Somerfield 1 2.86%
Marks & Spencer 1 2.86%
Other....please state in reply 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

#76   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 11:48
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

I know what you mean , I think I am so bored cause I know its more than a month before I start my new job, and I am so used to being busy god It would drive me mad if I was unemployed.
Dont know what to have for my tea I was going to give them muffins (from the Atkins book) a go but I think I need bicarbonate of soda and guess who aint got any!!?
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 11:57

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

pop idols has started girls.
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 12:01
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

gosh I have a reason to live and get excited see ya later
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 15:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/131/126 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Ebbie

The choc I get in Sainsbury's is called Sainsbury's Luxury Continental Belgian Dark Chocolate, usually in the baking ingredients aisle - by the glace cherries etc. I like it better than others I've occasionally come across.

I don't go for the 85% ones because, so far, I've never seen one that gives the carb count, and just because there's more cocoa in it I'm not convinced it's any less than 24g. Could be wrong though!

Jackie
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 15:37

BF:
Progress:

i think the carb count is 19gs per 100 gs.there was a thread here about it.it is annoying when the grams isn,t given.it put me off that chocolate for ages till i saw the thread.
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 15:45

Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

I didn't think to look at the cooking chocolate Jackie, funny coz i've near enough read everything else sweet.
In my local Sainsurys they have 2 types of high coco chocolate, Lindt (however you spell it) which doesn't show the carb count and Green and BLack's which does.

I'm a bit peed off with Sainsbury's, they still haven't sent any sort of reply to my email not even a confirmation.
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 15:51

BF:
Progress:

its the lindt that is the 85% cocoa solids. (19gs). green and blacks c-count is a bit high.there again,if your only having a square at a time its not too bad.the bar of the lindt lasts me ages.(unless somebody nicks it)
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 16:02
Registered Member

Stats: 177/131/126 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 90%

That's useful to know. I'll probably get some and use it for 'cooking' - then I can add some liquid sweetener to it - otherwise I reckon it'll be just a tad too unsweet for my taste ... but it'll be worth it to save a few carbs.

It's weird thinking back to 'before Atkins', when I'd kill for Cadbury's milk choc - now I actually don't like it - it tastes too sweet and sugary. It's interesting just how much I've lost my sweet tooth since starting low carbing. I don't think it happened overnight though - I didn't even have a small taste of sugary things like 'normal' chocolate or cakes, biscuits etc until I'd been on Atkins for about a year.
  #84   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 16:07

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi max
its the lindt that is the 85% cocoa solids. (19gs). green and blacks c-count is a bit high.there again,if your only having a square at a time its not too bad.the bar of the lindt lasts me ages.(unless somebody nicks it)

LMAO just the same in my house, doesn't matter where i hide stuff it's gone. I bought a multi pack of crisps today and one little bag of pork scratchings, went up for a bath and when i came down discovered my hubby had got peckish and had eaten my scratchings, apparently he didn't fancy any of the crisps
Taught my Daughter a lesson today, she pinched the rest of my carob bar thinking it was chocolate and got a bit of a shock LOL
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 16:12

BF:
Progress:

i sometimes order l-c stuff off the net and its a bit pricey but now and again its nice to have a treat.my atkins bar peanut butter flavour,zero carb jelly beans and the worst of all-my l-c choccy brownies disappeared without me having a taste.grrrrr.there was a lot of silence in the house that week.
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 16:19

BF:

Oh i would have gone mad. I've had a look at some of the shops online and nearly fell off my chair when i saw the prices. Though i am dieing to have some sweet treat i just couldn't spend that amount.
So far i have been strong, when i've picked up a bar of choc in Sainsburys i've always put it back. Bloody regret it later on in the evening though!!!
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 16:34

BF:
Progress:

its the best way though to keep your diet as natural as possibe.in a way we,re lucky that a lot of these products aren,t here as they,re too tempting.the only things i keep ordering is the no carb choccy sauce and atkins tom sauce.a bottle lasts ages as nobody dare touch it or i,ll chop there hands off.the choccy sauce is to die for.
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 16:42

BF:

I know what you mean. I'm just about staying away from the sweetener aisle as it is, i'm not sure if i could still hold out with atkins products here.
I was allowing myself a little honey in some greek yogurt (still within my carb allowance) as an ocaasional treat but with all this talk of CHOCOLATE thats not hitting the spot anymore!!
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 16:49

BF:
Progress:

i use the greek yoghurt (total)its got the lowest carb count that i can find.like a tablespoonful with my berries and s/f jelly.
  #90   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 16:54

BF:

I haven't tried that one. I love Rachels, i can't remember what the carb count is though. When i'm very naughty i also put on some chopped macadamias. Though i'm not going over my carb count it is cutting into my vegies, oops!