Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 16:11

Plan: close to zero carbs
Stats: 225/206/210 Male 73
BF:
Progress:

you can find coconut milk in any store..Go to the international seciton and buy the Thai brand. Make sure it is not lowfat.

I found pure coconut frozen milk at an Asian market this week..for 99 cent!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 08:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/187/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Does coconut milk have sugar in it or can you find unsweeten coconut?

Boy I sure was in a ice cream mood last night

Thank you for your help.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 08:50

Plan: candistroy
Stats: 145/145/130 Female 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress:

thanks for the tip, i'm on my 3rd day now, and although im not craving sugar yet, im just angry at the fact that theres so little to eat. ill try out the popsicles, sounds good. thanks for all your help
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 08:52

BF:
Progress:

Oh, one more thing. i heard that soy is actually really bad for woman so ive been staying away from it. is it true?
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 09:54

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyssa_xo
Oh, one more thing. i heard that soy is actually really bad for woman so ive been staying away from it. is it true?

Smart move, stay away from Soy if you can. Studies show that Soy has a negative impact on the thyroid.

I love Soy/Tofu and ate alot of it. Two years ago I began having Thyroid issues. My doctor told me to stay away from Soy, it competes with your hormones. I'm in Menopause and it caused all kind of health issues for me. Once I stoped eating Soy most of my problems disappeared. Here's some articles on Soy.

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/soyinfo/a/soy_2.htm
http://thyroid.about.com/cs/soyinfo/a/soy.htm
http://thyroid.about.com/od/thyroid...ntthyroid_4.htm
http://thyroid.about.com/b/a/050700.htm
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 07:55
Registered Member

Stats: 150/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

You can find unsweetened coconut milk in the Asian sections of the supermarkets, look at the ingredients and get the one with the least ingredients.
Funny you mention the thyroid, I wonder how many people with candida have problems with their thyroid, I have in the past and got under control by eating lo carb and taking raw thyroid tablets. Interesting.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 12:01

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosugarPLS
You can find unsweetened coconut milk in the Asian sections of the supermarkets, look at the ingredients and get the one with the least ingredients.
Funny you mention the thyroid, I wonder how many people with candida have problems with their thyroid, I have in the past and got under control by eating lo carb and taking raw thyroid tablets. Interesting.

The Doctor treating my Candida told me that Candida mimic's Thyroid symptoms/problems. Most patients and even most doctors believe that the Thyroid is the issue, when it's really just the Candida causing most of the problems. If you heal the Candida you heal the thyroid problem.

He ran several thyroid tests on me last week and he just called to tell me he wants me to drop my Thyroid medication to 2 mg a day, instead of 3 gm a day. My thyroid is healing on this diet and I'v only been on it for 2 1/2 months. I so excited
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 14:31
Registered Member

Stats: 150/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Terry, that's great news!!!!
I ran across this info on whey.

http://tinyurl.com/u43wf

ABSTRACT:

Bovine whey from the cheese-making industry contains several bioactive
factors that promote health and prevent disease. Although many efforts
have been made over the years to show that immunoglobulins,
lactoperoxidase, lactoferrin, lysosyme and small peptides present in
whey have antimicrobial activities against several pathogenic
microorganisms, such activities have not been investigated so far for
the lipid fraction of whey. Here, we have used an in vitro assay-based
fractionation procedure to show that free fatty acids derived from
whey cream specifically inhibit the germination of Candida albicans, a
morphologic change associated with pathogenicity. Further
fractionation by HPLC demonstrated that this activity can be mainly
attributed to lauric acid, myristoleic acid, linoleic acid and
arachidonic acid.on whey.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-07, 08:55

BF:
Progress:

it just goes to show that this candida diet improves in more than one way! thanks guys for all your help

im on my 5th day now and i dont really feel the craving for sugar all that much just bread and certain fruits... its a start though and im excited to be finished it
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 19:44

BF:
Progress:

im almost 2 weeks into the candida program. the last couple days have been so SUGAR CRAVING! but today i went to a organic grocery store called the Big Carrot. i found clarified butter there and stevia. but i decided not to get the stevia because a spoonful came out to almost 8 Dollars. anyway i was wondering how long this program should be done for. i'm doing it for a month, but some people can go until 6 months... which im not planning on doing. what about you terry?
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-07, 10:45

BF:
Progress:

Hello Ellyssa,

Checkout this site for cheap Pure Stevia. It's very affordable. I just ordered (10) 1.3 bottles for $50.00.

http://www.myvitanet.com/purstevexpow.html

I will be on this diet for about a year. I have been sick for a while.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-07, 19:32

Plan: Duncan's choice
Stats: 165/160/160 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress:

If you follow the people on the candidiasis yahoogroup you'll probably be able to shorten your anti-candida program to about two or three months.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/candidiasis

Duncan Crow
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-07, 01:20

Plan: simi atkins
Stats: 218/214/180 Female 5'7'
BF:
Progress: 11%

what are the symptoms of a candida problem........i take Acidophilus and am finally willing to give sugar up.......
thanks so much
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Mar-10-07, 22:20

BF:
Progress:

hey guys, ive been finished the candida deit for a while now... by the 3rd week i felt like i ahd so much energy and i didnt feel tired during the day. those daily naps went away... im glad im off it though. it annoyed me how i couldnt go out to eat, and had to come home and make a salad almost everyday... those burgers looked too good!! haha, anyway i did save alot of money though, i didnt buy lunch and brought my own, my friends all thought i was crazy for all the things i couldnt eat. but i showed them how much willpower i had after they thought id only last a day on the diet. thanks all of you for your help with what to eat, because i wouldve went crazy only knowing what i COULDNT eat. i also learned to make guacamolie on my own if i ever go on this diet again, itll probably be in a while. but im glad i tried it out.

diana, candida problems include, the feeling of always being tired, not being able to lose weight, and craving sugar. i encourage you to do this diet. you can buy vitamins that go with the diet called "candistroy" but the rest is up to you. i also recomend to excercise when your on the candida diet. youll lose alot of weight. hope it goes well