Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-20, 18:30

Plan: Atkins DANDR/ Candida
Stats: 300/195.2/172 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default Low carb veteran who had lost it all but fell off the wagon

Hi all,
My name is Jill and I have been low carbing for most of the past 20 years. I used to be on another site (ADBB) but these days I am literally the only person on the site and I miss community.

I had lost 110 pounds and was in Onederland and out of the obese range then my life imploded in a variety of family disasters that left me a 24/7 caretaker for my parents and 10K miles from my husband for a couple years. Needless to say I lost focus and had no mental energy for ME with everything going on. I regained about half the weight.

I have now been back at this for about 4 months. I am pushing 60 and it is slow going but I am down 30 pounds today. I do a low carb diet that is 99% unprocessed foods. I also keep the calories in check because if I don't watch both, I don't lose. I lift weights and do cardio 3 x a week. My primary WOE is 2003 Atkins with candida restrictions. Glad to be here with kindred spirits
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-20, 20:02

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Welcome gzgirl. sounds like you have a good plan to get back on track. You'll find that this site is pretty quiet too but more than one There are some folks here with good long term experience that I look up too. Keep eye on "New Posts" and you'll get the whole flow of the conversations that take place here.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-20, 20:57

Plan: Atkins DANDR/ Candida
Stats: 300/195.2/172 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 82%

Thanks Thud! Yeah, I know what to do--it is getting my head in the game that is always the hardest, but right now I am riding a good wave!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-20, 21:02

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Waves are meant to ride. They do end, then you paddle back out to wait for another while let the last one you were on go meet its destiny of union with the shore.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-15-20, 08:50

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
getting my head in the game
You're right about that. Sounds like you're on the path again right now.

There's still active conversation here. Make yourself at home.

Best wishes.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-20, 16:08

Plan: LC cycle w/keto REAL FOOD
Stats: 141/126/112 Female 166 cm
BF:26/21/Lean
Progress: 52%

Welcome Jill. Gosh you've done amazingly well with your weight loss. I am also mainly aiming to eat unprocessed stuff. I have been relying a little too much on convenient things like pre-cooked chicken, pates, and peanut bars. It will be nice to get back in the kitchen