Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 12:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/193/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:BMI 36.8/32/23.5
Progress: 49%
Question Renewed question regarding home made ECA stack

No one answered my question made two months ago about "home made ECA stacks" found at:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=150382

Am I posting this question in the wrong forum, perhaps?

Homesar
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 13:08
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

There is a monster thread about Thermogenics and Stackers in the Exercise forum, although there are some discussion threads here in the Supplements forum too. However, they probably don't address your question about creating a home-made combo.

The problem is, ephedra is currently banned for sale in the USA and Canada. One would have to resort to unlawful means to obtain it, and such discussion is against Forum Rules

You might find the information you seek at http://drumlib.com/.

hth,

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 13:27
Registered Member

Stats: 235/193/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:BMI 36.8/32/23.5
Progress: 49%

Thanks for directing me to the other part of the forum. I'll see what kind of advice I can get there.

So far, I understand that it is ephedra which the FDA is banning. What I have not been able to determine is whether or not this ban (on a vegetable product) extends to something like ephedrine hydrochloride, which is the active ingredient in at least two over-the-counter products legal for sale here in Texas (both of them asthma control products). Ephedra is the "natural" product which contains ephedrine and a lot of similar compounds; ephedrine hydrochloride is the artificially manufactured compound, which is the active ingredient in the asthma products.

Perhaps the other part of the forum will have some insight on that.

Homesar
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 13:39
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

The thread in the Exercise forum (which I linked to above) does have good info in it, but it's 26 pages long so far To make your search a little easier, try using the "Search This Thread" function, which you'll find near the bottom of the page of that particular thread. That way you can narrow your search, and skip over the posts that don't really apply.

hth,

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 08:44

Plan: Atkins /NHE/CKD
Stats: 289/219/200 Male 5' 8"
BF:41%/20%/18%
Progress: 79%
Default Ephedra Ban

Ephedra is NOT currently banned in the USA. I purchased some at the local health food store Friday. THey just got another shippment in.

jag
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 11:25

Stats: 242/175/175 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 100%

Canada has banned it in the form of the e/c/a, but you can still buy ephedra at health food stores. It is now referred to as a nasal decongestant. one capsul has 8 mg ephedrine as apposed to the 24-30 mg it has in the stack.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 09:45
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

As far as everything I've read, ephedrine hydrochloride (HCL) is NOT banned or being banned. Ephedra is being banned and can't be sold as a "weight loss" ingredient in diet formulas. So far, ephedrine HCL is and looks like will stay available to the public for a while, though who knows how long ? (prob. till 5 or 10 people abuse it, screw themselves up, and they take it away from all that use it safely/wisely).