Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
I Did It and You Can Too
Posted by GailyGail2
Posted Mon, Feb-11-19
Female 5'7
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/135/130
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default I Did It and You Can Too

I went from 210 pounds to 135 pounds following a low carb diet. It took me a while -- 2-3 years -- but the weight came off and I have been in maintenance since July 2018.

I am a 55 year old woman who comfortably wears a size six. Here is what I did:

*Followed Atkins old school low carb
*Did Intermittent Fasting
*Walked an average of 10 miles per day, 5 or 6 times per week. This is totally optional though. You can lose weight on low carb without exercise!

I cooked a lot -- mostly ate grilled chicken, grilled pork, burgers, fresh salads and green vegetables like broccoli, spinach, asparagus, green beans, zucchini, etc. I also found low carb squashes that satisfied my craving for carbs and learned to make some good condiments for protein. I also made a lot of crust-less quiches and egg souffles.

In November of 2017, my beloved fiance and partner of 16 years died unexpectedly in the midst of heart surgery. That rocked my world deeply but I lost my appetite for a while and that did accelerate my weight loss. I lost interest in cooking as that was something we shared together. So for a while, my diet plan consisted of eating a chopped salad from Morton's (upscale steak house) or a grilled chicken greek salad for my local diner. I did alot of walking to help me heal through this trauma and that was good for the weight loss as well (but totally optional).

Now, 15 months after Tony's death, I am in a new place as a svelte single lady, albeit a middle aged one! Fortunately, I have a career and financial independence to help keep me afloat. And, I just started dating a very nice man -- who loves to eat but is especially carniverous, making it easier for me.

I have put back about five pounds from all the wining and dining we do on the weekends but am now working hard to trim that off. Maintenance is hard folks but it is doable and you can and will succeed.

Thank you for letting me share xo Gaily Gail
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by Gypsybyrd on Mon, Feb-11-19, 10:48