Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 19:24
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Post Boosting Metabolism

I'm sure that some people already know about this, but I'm posting it for those who may not. There are 3 sure ways to boost your metabolism. 1. Drugs: An option for some, I personally am trying to do this without them. 2. Exercise: Exercise, and increasing muscle will boost it also. 3. EATING! :This may be a surprise for some,but eating will actually increase a person's metabolism. (Certain foods can also boost metabolism,but I won't go into that here.) This is why eating every few hours can increase weight loss even if nothing else is done. In Jan. '02,I embarked on a weight loss regime,& I kept a food log & measurement log. I ate something every 2 hrs.,making sure that it was under 200 calories, (ranged from 50 calories to 200 calories) with a regular supper. I averaged about 1600-1800 calories a day, & done nothing else...in one month's time,I lost 35", even though I showed a gain of weight. Sad to say, emotional eating undermined my efforts,& that is something that I have to learn control over... but I just wanted to share the metabolism thing... Another fact to share...fat takes up NINE times the space that lean muscle tissue does...kind of the 1 lb. lead thing as opposed to 1 lb. of feathers picture... so a person can be losing fat without alot showing up on the scale.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 11:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/226/140
BF:
Progress: 28%

Thanks for sharing that, especially the reminder about muscle vs. fat!

I've been kinda down the last several weeks because the scale hasn't been moving for a while. However, I keep losing inches. I've suspected that it could have to do with the exercise and weight training (which has been going very well--I've had to move up in resistance because it was getting too easy). I'm hoping that the muscle I'm building is replacing the fat I'm losing.