Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 16:02

Plan: a combination of Atkins and fatwars
Stats: 225/225/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default need lots of support

Hello, everyone, I am new to low carbing an have been doing it since the end of July. i am following Atkins but have ordered Protien Power and will see what it has to say. i am not having any problems with this WOE at all ecxept for my family and freinds. They hink I'm nuts. They belittle me and tell me if I really wanted to lose weight I wouldn't even attempt this. I , of course have tried all the others out there and nothing works. I even wanted the surgery but my family talked me out of that. I believe this will work for me and need to talk to people who believe it as well. I also am starting on xenical next month and will let you know how that goes. I know thers mixed opinions but I will try it anyway.
WOE
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 16:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/225/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Heather!

Welcome to this WOE......Don't let others dissuade you! They just don't know anything about this woe! I had the same problem when I did Atkins in the 70's.....after my kids were born!...My mother-in-law was the worst! She even said I was rude not to eat everything that was offered! Well, needless to say, I lost the 50 + lbs I wanted to.....But to this day, she says its unhealthy...Even though this time around I shared with her my blood tests and how I cut down my cholesterol (198-153) and tryglycerides (236-91) in 2 months doing Atkins!...Don't know what it will take to convince her...but, I know I've researched this a heck of a lot more than her......and, I'm going to keep with it. You can't worry about others......they are not you! If it works for you and you feel better.......then ignore what they have to say..this WOE has helped thousands of people...Just be strong...PROVE them wrong! If they start picking on you, come here to the forum, where you'll get loads of support!
What is Fatwars? Never heard of it! Well, good luck, and hang in there!
Attached Images
File Type: gif dog22.gif (9.3 KB, 34 views)
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 19:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/242/180 Female 5feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Unhappy Im really sorry

Hi Heather ,Its really to bad that your friends and family are not supporting you with this woe I really cant understand that if theres any way I could support you I will.Feel free to private e-message me any time take care.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 19:25
Registered Member

Plan: Shark Cycle Plan
Stats: 410/323/250
BF:
Progress: 54%

Sorry your friends and family aren't supporting you. This diet is still new to most people. Heck, tell them that if you tried this for 6 months and NOTHING happened, you wouldn't be any worse off.

Sometimes you have to do things for YOU, no one else
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 16:12
Registered Member

Stats: 310/226/175
BF:
Progress: 62%

Heather ...turn the negative remarks into a positive thought ! Use it to motivate you to to just prove to them you can do it !! You a re worth it !! YOu can do it !!! You will find all the support you need online if you keep posting there are people here that would love t o encourage you and see you through your journey .... Best wishes!!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 16:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 370/270/160
BF:50%/36.6%/24%
Progress: 48%
Talking

Hi Heather-
I'm new here too, but not to lo-carbing. Cruise on through the messages, and just look at the weight loss stats, if you have any doubts about this WOE.

Sure, we all get so sick of skinny little people with 5 or 10 lbs to lose, giving us advice on weight loss. I'm all through fighting with them- I just go "uh huh" and change the subject. I just say "no thank you" when offerred food I can't have, LIKE I MEAN IT! (and I do)

If you do that, and stay on your plan (mine is Atkins) you will loose weight. Sooner or later, they all will notice. Then you may have a "second wave" of well meaning people telling you how your healthy WOE is killing you!

The heck with "polite"! Our very lives are at stake! Keep on goin'. Keep on losing weight. You will find NOTHING shuts them up like success!!

Hugs,
Kat

Last edited by UtahKat : Fri, Sep-13-02 at 17:20.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 17:19
Registered Member

Stats: 260/226/140
BF:
Progress: 28%

Welcome, Heather!

When people tell me how unhealthy this WOE is I just ask them "Can it possibly be more unhealthy than being 100 lbs. overweight?" That usually shuts 'em up.

Lots of the people who criticized my fiancee and at first have seen how much weight we've lost (almost 100 lbs. between the two of us so far...and counting) and are now trying it themselves. I have to laugh to myself when they call me for advice or low-carb recipies.

And if it makes you feel any better, a BUNCH of the doctors I work with are doing low-carb.

Good luck! Keep at it. When they start seeing your results, they'll think twice. (Well, except Kayceecan's mother-in-law...I don't know what her problem is.)
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 08:47

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%
Smile

Hi Heather!

Lots of great advice that others have given in this thread. Don't forget to use your sense of humor! When people give me a hard time about it I just imagine who is going to have the last laugh when I can fit into a black cocktail dress! And don't be afraid to tell people to mind their own damned business! LC is gaining acceptance - my doctor lost 93 pounds! And keep posting here - we all face a lot of the same obstacles and challenges. Cindi