Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 12:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/199/141
BF:
Progress: 15%

Dear Sherry,

From everything I've heard ...yeast really affects weight loss. I don't know if everyone gets rashes or not. Mine is much more confusing. I have fatty tumors the we have trying to get to the bottome of...my alt. dr. uses accupressure and a soft ware program to analyse health conditions. He has alway gotten a real stron chemical/fungicide/pesticide reading on my fatty tumurs but also gets a real strong fungus reading. My father also had fatty tumors and he died 1 1/2 years ago of a very rare type of non-hodgkins lymphoma that was fungus like....part of it's name was 'fungosis'. His cancer was horrifying ...like leoparsy. Since my readings reflect fungus so much we are treating it as such. I also had a horrible rash over the top of both of my hands last summer. I used a cetyl myristoleate/msm cream and it healed. It was amazing since I didn't think I'd ever get skin back on my hands again. I have systemic lupus also and I thought the rash was related to that. Since my problems are so unique...you should hear from others that are more "normal"!!!!!

Terri
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 08:26

Plan: Atkins mainly
Stats: 150/148/130
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default For DizzyD (Donna)

DizzyD (Donna), have you had any luck with the Yeast Cleanse? do you feel much better or do you think you might have to get a prescription medicine to clean the yeast out? I am in your situation...I am taking probiotics right now, sticking to the yeast-free diet, and my Yeast Cleanse is on the way...I was just wondering if I should be making an appointment with my doctor to get the strong stuff. Thanks.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 19:00

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking not2fat

Hey there;

Actually I do feel a lot better. I have stopped getting the rash on my neck, the "whatever that was" on my toe is gone, my scalp doesn't itch anymore, I'm not bloating. I can't remember all what I listed originally as my symptoms, but I can't think of one that I still have. I haven't done the "spit test" lately, but I'm not sure it's necessary.

I'm just finishing up week 4 of the pro-biotics, yeast-cleanse and anti-yeast diet. I plan on keeping on it for another couple weeks for a total of 6, just to be sure it's really gone before having anything like a mushroom, or aged cheese or whatever.

I think that it takes a while to work, but the program you're on should do it if you don't have too severe a case. "Severe" being completely a matter of opinion for who-ever has to live with the symptoms, right?

I still haven't lost an ounce, but I expect that come along sometime soon... (I hope!)

Keep me posted on how you make out Sugar!