Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-06, 09:07

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

I tried having a LC pita bread and suffered with gas from it. It has been a long time since I had any wheat. I might give the oatmeal a try next week. I need something different than eggs every day. I am afraid I am going to create an allergy from eating them everyday.

Stevia, I tried but I am giving up ALL sweeteners. It is not as bad as I thought but the sale hasn't moved yet either. I am not having any cravings so it must have been the sweeteners causing them.

Feel better Nancy. When is the doctor appointment? Monday?
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-06, 10:55
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Dr. appt is today! In fact, I gotta start getting ready.
  #153   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-06, 14:21
Experimenter

BF:

Ok, saw the Dr. He's having me tested for guardia, C. diff, malabsorbtion and a few other thingies. I told him about the oil floating on top of the water after a BM, I thought he'd probably want to look at pancreas stuff. But I don't think he checked off any of those tests.
  #154   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-06, 08:14

Nancy-I guess you didn't get any answers yet because you have to wait for the test results right? I hope you get some answers soon. When did they think they would know the results?

I had way too many drinks on Saturday. I am still recooperating.
  #155   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-06, 10:21
Experimenter

BF:

Ouch, my head throbs for you in sympathy pains. I have no tolerance for alcohol any longer.

Well, of course I seem to be improving a lot now. Bleh. I have a terrible feeling that eggs are my issue. I noticed my stomach grumbles something fierce after I have eggs, and it rather hurt.

Blast it all, I groove on eggs. Well, I'll try going without for awhile after I use up this dozen.

I've got 4 containers I have to put specimins in. Argh! I hate this!
  #156   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-06, 10:32

I don't think I could give up eggs. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I had too.
  #157   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-06, 10:49

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

I think I conjured up an egg allergy from eating them all the time but I also remember feeling nauseated as a kid after breakfast most days. Eggs/toast or cereal/dairy. My Dad accusing me of faking everything, of course. What am I supposed to eat. I always try to stay away from dairy but can't seem to do it.
Today for breakfast I had salmon and avacado and black tea with no problems. I'm probably full of yeast.
Nancy, I hope your appointment goes well.
  #158   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-06, 14:52
Experimenter

BF:

I've heard once you have a food intolerance you're likely to get more. I just know my gut has gotten extremely sensitive since I gave up gluten. Only thing I can figure is the gluten was "gluing" everything together. Although, my intestinal cramps and brain fog and other issues have disappeared sans gluten/dairy.

I OD'd on peanuts yesterday and had a fierce stomach ache. As well you might expect. But so far, intestines are holding steady.
  #159   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-06, 11:09

I think I better start eating some oatmeal in the mornings and switch off from the eggs every day. I have heard that too if you eat something everyday you can develop an allergy. I hope I never get allergic to eggs. I enjoy breakfast foods.

I agree with the brain fog going away once I gave up wheat. I do have it on occasion but it is rare. I love being clear headed. It makes me so much smarter at work.
  #160   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-06, 12:47
Experimenter

BF:

I noticed my memory has improved hugely.
  #161   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-06, 06:19

I can't say that, I am forever forgetting my train of thought as I am speaking. Even my boss noticed it. It is terrible.
  #162   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-06, 11:01

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

People I used to work with would say (snidely) "oh your so healthy" cause I used to eat salads everyday instead of the usual sandwich. It had much more to do with being sleepy and foggy in the afternoon than anything else.
I was browsing Nourishing Traditions and they reminded me to get different birds, to not just eat chicken all the time because you can even get allergies to poultry. Now that would be a drag - I eat chicken all the time and wild salmon too. I made turkey yesterday trying to vary things.
  #163   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-06, 11:41
Experimenter

BF:

Shay, a couple years back, I was having horrible memory problems. I was having a terrible time retaining new information and I couldn't concentrate. I had a new job where I needed to learn a lot of new stuff. I'd review and review and it just wouldn't stick in my brain. It was frustrating as heck because I always considered myself to be pretty smart and quick on the uptake.

It all cleared up, slowly but surely, on giving up wheat and dairy and soy. I feel like I got my brain back. I can feel the fog moving in on the brain when I eat something bad.
  #164   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-06, 18:33
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

I've noticed that my retention and memory have been horrible the past few years. Never would have associated it with food.

I'm treating candida, and am pretty brain fogged and tired. Gassy, bloated, itchy...I could go on. I am craving starchy foods for the first time in ages. Tonight I ate a bunch of little potatoes and meat with hot sauce (a no-no with candida) and my tum feels crap and inflated. I was doing so well...

Anyway...I ordered the Enterolab test! Getting the full shebang: gluten, dairy and genes. Woo hoo! My credit card is weeping with the strain!
  #165   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-06, 06:42

Well in January I am starting a new job so I better get with it. I have recently been learning new things and I am doing good but I loose my train of thought right in the middle of speaking. I hate it. I feel so stupid.

I have given up wheat except for a few occasions here and there and soy but dairy I did for a while and now I have some, not a lot.