Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 14:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/148/140 Female 173.7cm
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default I've done it!!!

I am so happy , i woke up this morning with stomach ache, and this afternoon my AF *periods* Returned all on their own with no medication just the Atkins Diet !!!
I've not had my own cycle since i was about 18 , and had too take meds to get one which wasn't often i hope they continue and maybe one day become regular but one step at a time. Wow thank you atkins and thanks too all of you who have given me advice and helped me.
Who thought that having this awful stomach ache would be such a happy time lol
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 21:34

Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

CONGRATS!!!! Wow. Isn't it wonderful that all of your hard work is paying off in the very best way, better health! And certainly the best way to accomplish you goal of having a baby is to start with a period. You must be soooo excited.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 14:16

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%

congrats!!! I just had a period for two months now since starting Atkins. I hadn't gone as long as you had but for the last couple of years I was going 6 months at a time out without one. I wonder how much more our PCOS is gonna change when we lose weight???
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 09:47
Registered Member

Stats: 160/156/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 16%

Congratulations! Atkins worked for me too. I've been doing it for almost a year now and my periods are actually regular (every 31 days)! This month I started complaining about getting the darn thing so often!lol. I am totally amazed that after fighting with pcos for 15 years, such a simple thing could cure me. I hope the medical community hears about all the successes too.
Congrats again Devongal. I hope all the other pcos problems resolve for you as well!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 10:14
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thank you

Thanks so much for your message , i love hearing peoples success stories it keeps me spurred on to stick with it
I dont mind if i dont lose the other symptoms of pcos but am just glad of the periods , i find out in a week or so if i have my second in a row that really will be so suprising for me. I Don't care what Experts say i would much rather do the Atkins Diet for the rest of my life then have to take clomid,metformin etc the side effects i get from metformin are bad enough and Clomid makes me feel real bad , The Atkins has given me new confidence,new weight,more energy, etc If i read someone writing this kind of thing b4 i did the diet i would think they were being paid to say it ! LOL
Hope all goes well Bye for now x
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 02:40

Stats: 378/295/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

That is wonderful. The same thing happened to me on the Atkin's Diet.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 10:15

Woohoo!!! I too am happy that I am starting to have a regular period now. I told my mother via the phone and she said...I told you you'll have more kids one day...I don't want to hope but I'm wondering if it's possible now...I'm a single mom of one but thanks to low carbing I'm starting to have hope for the future with losing weight and maybe to one day be able to have another child...

Can I dare to dream???
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 10:33
Registered Member

BF:
Default hello

Well i am thinking maybe it's possible to have a child now ( i haven't any kids yet) , I saw a programme of a lady who had ivf etc and she had no kids , she did the Atkins and now has a baby boy who they call "the atkins child" , So if it worked for her i don't see why it couldn't work for us Keep you chin up , stay strong and i'm sure we can all get our dreams , losing weight and getting my periods back is a huge dream come true already x bye for now x
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 10:36

Wow...they call him the Atkins baby...how cute. Yes, maybe it is possible, hunh?