Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 06:05
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/175.5/145 Male 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Fat Fast - What I learned

After 4 months on Atkins Induction, never cheating, exercising every day, taking my vitamins and having the scale show only an 8 pound loss I decided it was time to wake up my metabloism with the Atkins fat fast (I got it off of the Atkins web site).

The only difficult part was not having food be an activity in my daily routine. You eat so little that the meal is nothing to look forward to and is over in no time at all. I never felt hungry but did miss planning, cooking and eating full meals every day.

The most valuable lesson I learned was that I must be overeating... probably because my family always ate huge meals and restraunts serve such huge portions that it feels normal to me. Now that I have seen I can eat a small portion (a regualr portion) and be full I have a new attitude towards meals. I lost 5 pounds in 5 days on the fat fast. I am now in the second stage (as per the Atkins web site fat fast) and will be going back to induction in 4 days.

If you have ever done a fat fast what have you learned from the experinece?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 06:09

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

I've never done the Fat Fast before but I've heard about it. I think that most of us who think we are stalling are actually losing inches. I know I have. I've been on a 3 week stall. But all my clothes are getting looser and looser. So in this regard, I'm going to put off changing anything in my diet.

Glad you lost those 5 lbs. Fat Fast isn't easy to do! I'd be bored as hell on it lol.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 06:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 277/248/170 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

I am sure that my problem is also largely overeating. Sounds like a valuable lesson, I don't think I could do the fat fast as it doesn't appeal to me, but thanks for posting what you learned. I need to force myself to stop eating 1/2 through the meal and ask myself am I really still hungry. I think so many times I eat what is on the plate regardless of whether or not I want all of it, because that is what I do.

Congrats on the loss, and for sticking to something that must have been hard.
Susan