Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#751   ^
Old Fri, Apr-17-20, 19:45

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Happy Birthday girl!!!! I believe you are the "baby" of our LC fam here, 51, so very young!!! I hear that this was one of those nights you were so glad to have you fam at home. A great dinner AND a Disney sing along! You guys know how to have fun.

Trig---OMG, girl, you do SO WELL saying to carbs no matter what is tempting you. Really, BRAVO!!!!, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP. And Yay on the over 2 lbs. down. Man, do you ever deserve that reward between the tooth and the virus and the full time Kiddo,

Lori---Yeah, once we got one of those box of dinner things because it must have literally fallen off the truck or whatever, but I found it in the road in front of our old house, and the intended address and person was miles away. So I admit, I just said to heck w/it and opened it up. OMG, the prep was pretty intense. I don't consider 30 to 40 minutes to make a dinner to be a convenience. But I DO understand and hear from you and others that the end result is good. And if you don't mind the sheer cooking of it, they do make it easy, everything precut and measured to create something that tastes good.

Jaz---So w/you honey. Not buying a word of this "let's open up" stuff. We have no idea how many people around us are infected and until we do, I'm going to stay w/sheltering in place. Until there's either better testing or a vaccine or a better treatment---which there was some good news on today, but won't get into that here and now. Hubby and I are simply not at an age to fool with this.

I hear your exhaustion right through your posts. But it is nice to get that paycheck and know you're afloat for now. So many are not. I'm so happy for you that the weekend is here and you can refresh and replenish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now I have an every Friday night zoom w/my old gal pals---2 in California, 1 in Arizona, 1 in Madison and me, here. Just off it. This was our third one and I just really enjoy it. Find myself feeling lighter and better after making those connections. Again, would love to do a LC zoom w/our group. Trig you could use the kiddo's Mac. All she has to do is download Zoom for you. Then we need a leader to get the meeting going. I have been lucky in that all my zooms have been initiated by others, so don't know how to do that, but I could learn. Nic--- do you know how to do it?

Anyway, the leader sends an e-mail invite for the meeting and then all the rest have to do is click on that link at the said time. It's really pretty fun, or should I say, better than nothing. So would love to hear feedback from y'all on this. Might take us awhile to put it together, but once we've got it down, we can meet now and then---as if we were in Charleston together, but yeah, not quite, LOL.

Today I had to do grocery and pharmacy errands. Trader Joe's is doing nothing short of a marvelous job at making one feel as safe as one can in their stores. And, I got a free bouquet of roses. Had one in my cart and two of the buds broke off so the cashier told me to take that one and go get another one, on TJ's. So I have 2 gorgeous bouquets of deep magenta pink roses that just make my heart sing. Reminds me of my mother, who had the greenest thumb ever and grew roses like she was born to do so.

Well, Hubby is tucked in and I have the living room to myself right now, which I'm enjoying. Have a few other pals I want to e-mail, then I'll crawl in next to him. As challenging as this is, again and again and again, I feel so blessed to be in a lovely, cozy home, with food in the refrigerator. Seeing the lines of people waiting for food boxes just breaks my heart.
Sponsored Links
  #752   ^
Old Sat, Apr-18-20, 03:51

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Ho Hum....another day. I may get out for a walk this afternoon when it warms up a bit. I swear I will do better with this whole quarantine thing once the weather becomes more Spring/Summer like. The past couple days have been so blah and cold. Brrrr!

I am swearing off carbs starting today! Just tired of this bloat and icky feeling. Today will be protein when I'm hungry. I've gotten away from eating eggs & have to remedy that situation. I'm also going to get my butt in gear and figure out an exercise routine. There's no reason I can't designate certain days of the week for Yoga, light weight lifting & running. A schedule! That's what I need!

I don't want to come out on the other side of this with the quarantine "15" or whatever. I'm so anxious for the warm summer mornings when I go out running early in the morning to avoid the heat of the day. I love being out running when the birds are just waking up and starting to sing.

Brain isn't working for personals this morning, so I'll check back in later. More coffee is needed!

Hugs to all!
  #753   ^
Old Sat, Apr-18-20, 04:32

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue, LOL, tooth, kid, virus, and so far no reward needed tho Kid does her thing and truly is no bother like I thought she would be in a way HA, virus, omg just crazy what this planet is experiencing but others have more stress than me and I have say a tooth is a pain for all of us also LOL Nah, just life smacking us around a bit but we all get thru it.

Use kid's Mac....right now she won't let me near it but hey, I could start working on her so the thought of her sharing her new toy is a good thing? HAHA I tell ya ---I will wander and check out this zoom thing!!

Your roses sound so pretty. I love flowers, just hate when they start that withering process tho. It is from ohhs and wow how pretty to oh so sad and wimpy but they are a breath of fresh air in the home for sure!

You sound good and that is great. I think we are all getting settled into a new norm for a bit and just have to deal. We all got this!!

Lori...omg quarantine 15...I never thought of it like that wow I bet that will be a true thing for sure for many. No doubt about it!

and you are so right. Schedule. Routine. Very important. Very smart to make a new routine for you right now. I follow routine times also so yea I get this.

Go for it. New routine yourself out a bit. Worth it!

Sorry your weather is such a beast still. I lived in PA, I know But you are getting very close to a changeover for sure....hang in there, any good days you take advantage of and get outside when ya can.

Hi Nicco and Jaz

hey all

so my 2.25 down....it is now only .25 down. HAHA

yea 2 lbs. came back. So much for that bit of great out of that lousey tooth LOL

oh well. It is what it is.

I almost ate down the kitchen last night.

I even chewed some potatoe chips and spit them out.
I chewed on some almonds and spit them out.
I drank a Zero sf orange flavored water.
I made a fake pizza with cheese, pepperoni and a few spoonfuls of sauce and ate that up....I tell ya I was 'this close' to ordering a real pizza and going for it hook line and sinker but I did not. Then I ate tenderloin and a lot of shrimp and alfredo and tuna to boot on top of the crazy with the so much cheese and crap chewing junk. I think I truly had a moment of some madness HAHA well what's new on that front

I fought hard thru this mad time LOL
I 'won' in the end I think. I mean it was a crazy craving situation but I only gained up 2 of what I lost kinda starving thru the last 3 days so I will put it in the win category. It was like every cell in my body was saying don't swallow this stuff, chew on a few handfuls, taste it and spit it out...yea gross I know but when out of control around junk food...ugh....but thru the stupid of it I felt I had a lot more control in my out of control time if that makes sense

I feel fine this morning, like it is out of my system.
I feel bloated up big time tho.

Today is eat light and be normal zc. Just chill after a manic type eating episode for me but I kinda didn't eat off plan in the end of it all mostly so I did ok I think. I had a hard chat with me again, one I needed.

So all good on that front!!

Rain here, sprinkle thru day today and tomorrow and bigger rain settling in Wed. Great, just what I needed! I was enjoying outside and sun and now big rain hanging around.

Again it is what it is.

I think I will do a Leslie Sansone Walk tape this morning to move the body, help ditch the bloaty feel, make me think I accomplished something-----or not....haha....will see how the day rolls.

over and out

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Apr-18-20 at 04:42.
  #754   ^
Old Sat, Apr-18-20, 08:33

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Happy Birthday NIC!!!! Welcome to the 50's club!!!! You had your toe in last year!! Now you are in it! HAHAHAHA-
I am happy you had your peeps all around and you celebrated in style!
Enjoy your weekend and SADDLE UP Monday!
Did you get snow?

Lori- I LOVED your Quarantine 15- I TOTALLY think that will be a real term and right on point. Put people in a stressful situation and nothing to do but eat- and boom I know I could pile on 15 in a blink of the eye!

I hear ya on not digging the treadmill. I might learn to like it again. I HAD to have it to the tune of 600+..... Have used it maybe 5 times in the last year. GOOD GRIEF!
I know you love to be outside!
How do your stores look there? Still bare here.
Glad you are getting your box of goodies.

BLUE- - I will look into the Zooming. I think it is a great tool. I am not sure you have to have an Apple. I will check it out. I think it would be fun to plan a happy hour for all of us! Something to look forward to!
So you are Zooming every Friday evening?! That is ok- I am wiped out Friday nights.
Maybe early Sat evenings 5 for happy hour! I think the first 40 minutes is free. I will get back with you on that.

I love you got some flowers from TJ. They truly have the BEST flower selection! My hair pulling boss (remember her)..... She would come in every Monday with a fresh bouquet of tulips. I think of her when I see them. That was the one thing I thought was nice.

Honestly looking back on it- I think she was in the middle of a nervous break down. She actually called me a few times after they let her go and I never returned her call. She put me through hello, but now I am removed from it it am seeing it a bit different. Who sits there and stares at a wall for 8 hours a day and pulls their hair out? Oh well......... The flowers brought that back.

I am going to make a trip to TJ today as well. I do love that store. Takes me about 20 min to get there. They have some really good frozen LC items that are fast to toss together. I also love their grass fed beef.

Trig- I love the honestly in your post. You know we all struggle every day! That is what pulls us together.
Lordy knows we all have said we are struggling right now! I wonder if it is a built in thing to eat in times of stress. It makes sense from a human perspective.
But you are right- we need to not let it get outta control.

Happy birthday to your kiddo. She is 14 now? And so the teenage saga continues!!!! Awesome you gave her the notebook she so wanted!
Ya you will not get your hands on that one! HAHAHAH-
Glad you are feeling better!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Slept in! Fell asleep in the fireplace chair watching Netflix. I got my stuff down last night and settled in to watch some TV and next thing I know it was midnight and remember nothing. I was most likely out before the opening music was over.

I slept restless. My lymph nodes neck are super inflamed and sore. Means I am have been exposed to "something" and my body working on it. SHOCKING........... HAHA- I am pretty sure my body will come through for me. I am overall healthy and have not been sick for ever! KNOCKING on WOOD!!!!

I got paid yesterday and love it. I have a job. That is it for me, a paycheck. I know so many people personally who got laid off. One of my gal pals here lost her job and she is beside herself. So I am not going to complain. I am getting my bills paid.
When things calm down though I will be looking for something else.

I know this is going to sound - I dunno- selfish. But I just know this is not a good fit. Everyone is nice. But it is not for me. I will work it until I can do what I want.

So giving this some real thought. My passion is teaching and coaching, and working with diabetic people. Not dealing with people in end of life- or open hearts and pushing drugs that will cost them 5-6 hundred a pop.

I am more of a preventive holistist approach to healthcare. The doc's there are pushing the new meds that will cost literally 5-6 hundred. I am supposed to go into and teach the patient how this will benefit them.

I would rather teach them to change their diet and lace up some shoes and save their money. That is my passion. Right now I am just keeping the lights on. Grateful for that.

I heard Oprah say once you do what you need to do until you can do what you want! - LOVE IT.

Moving on. Lori- I am RIGHT there with you on not wanting to gain and I am up 3 pounds since this C-19 thing hit. I literally work, come home, eat and crawl into bed.
My meal choices have been dicy and not always the best choices because I am too tired to cook.

I find that cooking Sunday for a few days HELPS with having something on hand. I need to be more diligent. Like you all I want to get out of this thing without having gained a ton.
Hitting up TJ today for hopefully some LC options!!!!

Cool and damp today. Tomorrow MORE bad storms. I MIGHT try to get my yard cut today. It rained last night- it depends how wet the grass is. Otherwise it is wait until next week.
I need a weed hacker. I like having a "trimmed" yard, even as small as it is.
Laundry and another cup of coffee is calling my name!

Back later.........
  #755   ^
Old Sat, Apr-18-20, 11:43

BF:

Hi again!

Making progress on my workout planning. Put the deck up on my treadmill and wheeled it out of the way so I have a bigger area to workout in my exercise room. I'll have to use my little computer to watch YouTube as we don't have a smart TV for me to use...no problem. I found some YouTube videos and some Amazon prime videos to try. All free! I'll probably be complaining about being stiff & sore next week!

Tomorrow I'll get my first run in for the week and then Monday I'll start Yoga and/or strength training. Just have to spend less time sitting and pouting.

DH went to CVS to get something for Betty and he came home triumphantly waving around a pack of TP. So proud of himself! I'm telling you, if you find a pack of TP it's like finding gold! Our grocery store shelves have been totally empty as long as I can remember. Every once in a while they have some paper towels and I usually buy a couple rolls when I see them, but TP? Haven't seen that in a couple months.

More research and reading to do.......hope you're having a good Saturday!
  #756   ^
Old Sat, Apr-18-20, 14:06

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello all!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was a very nice day. Enjoyed it!

Lori- Yeah, I knew the meals aren't prepared in those boxes, I guess I just didn't realize they can be so time intensive, but I guess it just depends on the recipe for each. I'm sure some are more involved than others. Plus you get to try new recipes or techniques or whatever.

OMG yes on the Quarantine 15. I can imagine it happening easily. And I too will be glad for the warm weather to come back!

Trig- When is your DD's last day of school? Seems late for Spring Break but I guess Easter was on the late side this year.

Happy birthday to her! Glad she was happy with the Mac. Are you getting her old computer? If not, maybe she can give it to you to use for a Zoom call. I can totally get that she wouldn't want you to use the new one!

Hugs hugs hugs on the cravings. You did better by far than I, I have been eating WHATEVER and man can I feel it by now. I will be doing what you did next week though I bet, until I get my groove back.

Blue- LOL on the box that like fell off the truck or was misdelivered or whatever. Nice way to get to try it out!

Re: the Zoom call. I could probably set it up. I've not done it before but it can't be that hard, right?

It sounds like things are well in your corner of the world with you talking to your friends, going out to TJs, writing and snuggled in at home.

Jaz- I know you needed that sleep and rest so badly. You have been working so hard!

You are right, do what you need to do now, build those funds back up in the bank and get to a point where you will have options again. It will come soon enough.

What are you watching on Netflix? I am watching the new season of Married at First Sight.

••••••••

Back for my stuff later tonight or tomorrow. I've got a doula visit with my client that is due on 5/13 so I need to dry my hair and finish getting dressed.
  #757   ^
Old Sat, Apr-18-20, 16:02

BF:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH- NIC you have a Doula visit due 5/13- so you need to get your hair finished and dressed now for an appt in 3 weeks??????????????? ROFL ROFL
I thought it took me forever to get ready!!!!!!! CLASSIC!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Glad you are doing great and had a wonderful bday! Cool- you look into Zoom and get back with us and give us the scoop!!!!!!!

Lori- So cool you are taking lemons (stay in) and making your own gym!!!!! I knew you would get that figured out!
It is nice here! Hang in you are about a week behind us!

HAHAHA on TP- I so get you! The stores are BARE here too. I have huge stash that if I find some I grab it- need it or not. Now my closet full and I am sharing with co-workers who can't find any! My neighbor said even Costco is all out...... and has been for weeks.
We should have bought stock in Charmin!!!!!

Just got up from a nap....... It felt good too! Watching Eureka on Prime. It's a klutzy sorta Big Bang, meets that movie Jim Carey was in that everything seems normal on the outside! - It's ok....... Mindless.

Propping up feet. Hope I actually walk tomorrow!
  #758   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-20, 05:02

BF:

Good Morning!

Take #3.....not sure what's happening, but I keep losing my post(s).

Beautiful sunrise this cold, frosty morning. Hoping it warms up so I can get my arse outside this afternoon.

I have to figure out what exercise "class" I'll do tomorrow. I may try to get my Amazon Firestick to work on the TV in my exercise room. Technology is not really my "thing", but I may fool with it a bit. What else do I have to do? I think my laptop will work fine for doing some workouts too. I remembered that my gym sent us a link to Les Mills online workouts, so I have no excuses!

I did ok with my eating until dinner last night where I just stuffed myself. Sigh....felt awful. Today is another day.

I'll be back later to check on you all!
  #759   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-20, 06:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, luckily I don't struggle every day anymore....but IF that something pushes me one step too far, like starving for 3 days with a super OW in the mouth with that tooth and having to find a dentist during this crazy.....stuff like that sets me off. Beauty of my zero carb plan is I don't struggle which is what I must have, but holy hell when something 'goes off' then I struggle like the dickens LOL, talk myself off the ledge

Glad you got a paycheck and you can eval this job....bank up the bucks, do what you must thru the insanity of it all, yes you are super fortunate you are working but at a tough field right now. I am sending hugs for all your crazy Jaz but you are so strong that is wonderful to help get ya thru it all. It will all end, just when....you hold tough

Nicco, no clue on kid school yet. waiting for next updates, I am sure it is over etc. but just waiting to hear on it. I gave this whole year an 'incomplete' and says screw it LOL Kid don't care either way at her age

Glad to hear your biz is moving along, let us know how your visit goes!!

Lori, you can 'become a yoga instructor' cause I know you are that good now with all your years doing it, heck take an online certification and then you can become your own 'little class' and teach from your home maybe in the future? Hey you got options gal

HI Blue...check in soon!!

So tooth drama over. All perfect and good. Man it stinks when it stinks but it is so nice when over

done deal on that right now

All good here
Just doing

Me and Barb got an itch yesterday. She called bored and said wanna hit Sams Club and I said sure. Off we went but people 'felt frantic' around me like they were 'all searching' for products and not just browse, shop type feel, it was I need and get out LOL I got a skirt steak....omg SO CHEWY like just nasty. Gonna cut the rest of it super duper thin on the grain and try again...other than that to the dog.

I got a tenderloin. 9.99/lb. Whole one, only $70 for it but I wanted it LOL looks good, will eat a bit of that today to see if it beats or is good as the Aussie meat.

Me and kid.....true intentions are paint that damn picket fence....will it happen today....who knows

over and out
on plan, little tough but I feel a new calm now that the crazy is off me so ramping down and will do tuna and meat today. keeping it simple and easy as usual......I am not going back up that scale come hell or highwater now.
  #760   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-20, 07:49

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hahaha! Jaz that's funny.. it did sort of sound like I was preparing for Doula client that far in advance!

I'll have to look up Eureka at some point, once I finish what I'm currently watching maybe. Or I should read. I've gotten very lax about reading!

Lori- I'm going to try to drag myself out for a walk too. I've gotten out of the habit and now it feels like a big hairy deal to get out there and do something.

Trig- Yeah, the browsing days of slow shopping are definitely not in existence these days. No one wants that kind of exposure. Are people wearing masks there at all?

That tenderloin sounds really, really yummy. The skirt steak, not so much. Did you marinate it first? If you can, do that!

Hey Blue!

••••••••

Doula visit went very well. This is the client that I have been in touch with for ages, since she was only 8 weeks along. Hard to believe the time is finally here! Spent a long time with them, going over stuff and talking. Also really enjoyed the 45 minute drive there and back. It was nice to be out!

Going to give DH a haircut today. He has promised not to freak out and I have promised to do the best that I can.

Today is 'cheap take out' on the menu for dinner. It is weird but I think I have adjusted to being home, having my peeps home etc. I have felt much more settled and much less trapped this week.

That's about it from here. I plan to try to get a walk in. Beautiful outside!
  #761   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-20, 08:15

BF:

Good Morning!

TRIG-
I doubt you are going to get to that fence today! Woke up to monster storms this morning- they are heading your way!
I know you rarely struggle as much as ht rest of us since you have gone Carnivore! It is a PERFECT for you! it is not for everybody. But you have THRIVED on it and it totally is your plan!
But when we (all of us) struggle it can be a real mind game! It's a real thing!

Wow on the Costco trip. I am curious if your store had paper products? Like Lori said TP = gold. The Costco here has ZERO paper goods at the moment. Thankfully I am GOOD in that area!!!!

WOW you also seem to score in the tenderloin dept. That is my FAVORITE cut of steak. I know you adore your sirloin, I am a tenderloin gal. I need to suck it up and buy a big hunk and cut it off as needed. Do you freeze any?

Lori- - OMG I hate it when I lose a post! You lost 2 before this last one! GRHHHHHHHHHH
I love the idea of you putting the Roku in your work out room! It is as easy as plugging it in. I am so not tech and I did it!

I hear ya on eating and feeling miserable. That train has got to go. I think the worst is tight TIGHT digging clothes that DID fit- now tight!
Burhhhhhhhhhh cold you got it up there!

NIC- Are you recovered from all your partying this weekend! After all- your are now solid in your 50's!!!!
Are all the kids still hanging in the house or did your DD go back to theirs?
Any word on when hubby can go back to work? I will tell you there was a story on the news that was jaw dropping.

The cops here are upset because they are arresting people for things likes burglary- FELONY- and the courts are not taking new cases until the end of July. So these bozo are out walking free for months! Wow!!!!!
Are you able to get out and walk?

Blue-- lucky you to have gotten out and stocked up at TJ. I so should have gone yesterday but ended up doing a mound of laundry and cleaning and never got out. Now it is pouring!

So is your pool going to be closed all summer? That would be heart breaking! Nooooooooooooooooooooo............ sux.
I do love you are Zooming on Fridays! Hopefully Nic or myself can get us up and have a zoom party once or twice! That would be so fun!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Woke up to the sound of thunder. Going to be monster storms all day. I was going to mow - but that didn't happen either.
Yesterday I did laundry and cleaned most of the day and got tired and took a nap.
After I woke up about 430 I took the pup for a light walk and we had dinner and I was just done.

I made some stellar chili (no beans) super simple but tasted oh so good. I was really in the mood for some chunky meaty chili. I am running low on grub- but had everything I needed for chili. So I never went out yesterday.
Now it is raining so hard it might just be a repeat of yesterday. I hate shopping in a downpour. They are talking about power outages and strong winds and hail, tornados. LOVE IT NOT!!!

I am going to explore some work out videos as well.

Both my son and my OH friend are trying to figure out when would be a good time to visit. The answer is I just don't know. I am not making plans right now. I am thinking about fall. But then again are we going to see a resurgence right in the middle of Flu season?????

I also saw that Airbnb- and VRBO are not giving refunds. They are leaving it up to the individual home owners who aren't. Wow.....

Well- I think I am going to make a quick run. I am in-between storms. I am out of almond coffee creamer and butter. It will be a fast one and home. 30 min tops!

Back later
  #762   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-20, 11:27

BF:

Just back from a 3 mile run/walk. Nice sunny day, but the north wind is a bit chilly. Glad it's done.

I did a drive up pick up for lunch at our favorite restaurant. I got a chef salad and DH had a turkey/cheese sub. I'm just about ready to dig into my salad.

I cooked pork chops, mashed potatoes & gravy at 10AM. I knew that's what I wanted to make DH for dinner and I hate waiting till the end of the day and then have to cook all that. I made it, let it cool & popped it in the fridge. Easy to warm up whenever he's ready for a bite tonight and all the messy pots & pans are washed and put away. Load off my mind for the rest of the day. I'l be eating my huge salad at around 2, so no dinner for me. Making it easy on myself today and he doesn't mind warm-ups.

Shower time and then salad!
  #763   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-20, 17:49

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---I kind of get what you mean about settling into this a bit---although there are still good and bad days, but then there always was. I'm so happy to hear you happier and enjoying the fam.

Had a nice little LOL about your deal with your hubby, I'll cut your hair, no griping.
My hubs had just gotten a short hair cut before the sky fell, and thankfully he has gorgeous wavy hair that looks good long too, as he would never let me touch his head w/a scissors, and this is a guy who is NOT vain, and still he fears the very idea of such a thing.

SO COOL, that you have this long term doula client right now. Being pregnant is it's own job in normal times, and to have you on the ride right now is such a gift to that lucky woman!

Interesting story. My niece recently had a baby girl. My SIL is an OBGYN. Niece had long planned for her to be there at the birth, but w/the virus, hospital would not allow her in the room unless she was a doula!!! So, SIL went right ahead and got her doula certificate, after delivering babies for over 40 years. SIL said she enjoyed it, seeing things from a different POV.

Jaz---Oh, I don't know who loves your weekends more, me or you. Kidding of course, the correct answer is YOU. Still, I just feel so relieved and happy for you when I know your cozy in your dollhouse w/Bella. You always seem to keep your balance between staying busy and finding time to relax.

And yeah, I can see where it's hard to make the decision as to when your son or friend can come to visit. They are both recovered from the virus, right? Still, there are so many issues. Like do recovered people have immunity and for how long? AND, equally important, can you take on guests right now, no matter how much you love 'em.

Trig---You are our strongest fighter right now when it comes to the woe. I appreciate you sharing your moments of temptation, otherwise I'd think we are dealing with Woe Wonder Woman---no fair. But you have made some of your struggles very clear, and as far as I can see, the alligator lost.

But y'know, I really get it. You have done such a fabulous job in this last year and lost SO MUCH WEIGHT. Really, we all get used to gains and losses here, up and down etc, but you have lost, what is it, over 25 pounds? That is SO HUGE---LOL, in more ways than one. So you really have investment in not letting the Big V or anything else take that away from you. BRAVO GIRL. I so admire what you've done and ARE DOING.

Lori---Totally cool that you cleared out and re-made your own at home exercise room. Man, if you could figure out how to get YouTube hooked up to your TV it would be so great. There are TONS of good work outs on YouTube. Or, maybe consider getting a smart TV for your exercise room. This is such a priority for you and really, what else are we doing w/our money these days?

I think you might find the investment worth it. When was work out girl, for many years, I started at a club, and I enjoyed that. But then I got married, had kid, life got busier and I couldn't always squeeze in the club. So for years, I exercised out of my home. Had a blockbuster collection of work out DVDs---such were the times. I could do SO MANY different kinds of work outs, depending on what I felt like that day. And I will say, I was NEVER more fit or buff in my life than when I was working out via home video.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey gals, if you don't know it yet, HBO and Showtime are free right now, probably at least thru early May. So hubs and I started watching "Succession" on HBO. OMG, this series is TONS OF FUN! It's a drama about a media dynasty family, each fam member more dysfunctional than the next. The writing is exquisite for this kind of thing, the plotting first rate. If you start watching now you can probably tuck in both seasons free. First series hubby and I have binged in a long time.

So I got on the scale today. 3 pounds up. Not surprised. kind of surprised it hasn't happened before this as I have NOT been on plan. OTOH, I have not been eating like crazy either. My body has always loved a set point, so today's number showed me it might be looking for a new, higher set point, and I have to keep my eye on that.

I said at the beginning of this, if I come out of this no heavier and no thinner than I went in, I will be totally satisfied. So today's foray onto the scale told me, like Lori and Nic, gotta pull it back in a bit.

Will be honest to say I have no intention of going full force at my LC woe right now. BUT, I HAVE found that I can maintain my weight w/a bit of effort. Which was kind of surprising to me that's all it took. Not a full fledged scared of every carb that passes my lips approach. Need to emphasize this is about maintaining, not losing. Oh yes, losing takes a BIG EFFORT. Not there mentally right now for all reasons understandable.

So along w/the rest of you guys here who are just sayin' you need to do a bit better, I'm with you.
  #764   ^
Old Mon, Apr-20-20, 04:16

BF:

Good Morning! It's a rainy day Monday at least until this afternoon. I've been up since 2:30- got up at showered at 4:30 and sat and browsed email for an hour.

Urghhhhhhhhh........ need to get moving. I don't do well with no sleep.

BLUE- - So cool you found a good series to watch. So I know you said it was free, but did they ask you for credit card info? I wonder how many people will get billed. Sometimes those free for 30 days thing get ya. I hope it really is FREE.
Cool though you found something to watch.

Right now I have Netflix and Prime. I am finding I use Prime more than NF.

I am right up there with all you gals in the WOE up 3 pounds. I am not going out, or going hog wilder. But I will say It needs to tighten up. I have allowed in some of that bad dairy and it is not working well. I just can't seem to kick it to the curb!

How is your DS doing? Is he still working on his online class? Sounds like he is doing well despite this C-19 mess!

NIC- - You had a Doula appt? I am a bit confused. Where did you meet?
I am sure this young woman you are meeting sure appecaites you. You would do very well with that!!!! Are you advertising yet?

I thought it was funny too regarding your DH allowing you to cut his hair!!! HAHAHAHAHAH- It does grow back!

I feel ya on taking a walk- unless you are in the habit it does seem like a chore! The trick it to love it enough to want to get out there and get it done!

Lori- - I agree with BLUE- if you could swing it a smart TV in your work out room would be a huge investment! They are so cheap now! I got one for my spare room and paid 130.....somewhere around there. I got it on Prime day - I love it. The picture is so clear and it is my movie TV!!!!

I think it is cool you are giving yourself a break from cooking. With your chef box and take out you are pretty set!
---------------------------------------------------------
I pretty much littered my thoughts in the post.
Another day- another dime. It is a means to an end, keeps the lights on for right now.

It's supposed to stop raining this afternoon- but the drive in will be slow and wet. So I need to leave earlier.

I made up some meals that are ready and in the fridge so I too get a break and can just warm something up!

Well off into my day.........
Have a great day
  #765   ^
Old Mon, Apr-20-20, 04:39

BF:

Good Morning!

Took a deep breath and stepped on the scale this morning for my "face the music" project. Yeah...3 lbs. over my acceptable high. I can tell you right where that 3 lbs is sitting. I feel like I have a rubber inner tube around my waist. I need to get back to my UP day, DOWN day plan. That helped me lose 15 lbs last Fall & I'm confident that it will help me again. This time I'd like to keep going and lose the 3 I gained plus at least another 5-7. Someday we'll be able to get out of the house again and I don't want to roll out!

DH is going to work this morning! Hallelujah! He and 1 other guy are going to do some painting at the park. They're refreshing the bath houses in case they are able to open the pool this summer, which seems unlikely. Anyway, it gives him something to do away from the house. A break for both of us!

-----

Trig....nice you were able to get out with your friend for some shopping. Just browsing in a store sounds like fun about now. Not happening here. I go to the grocery store about once a week early in the morning before it's busy. I also go to our little meat market once a week....mask in place at both places. Today starts mandatory mask wearing. Both DH & I have been wearing ours in stores for a couple weeks. Our Governor has decreed that everyone wear one and that stores are to deny entry to anyone not wearing one. I ordered some new ones from Etsy....they should come today. I'll launder them and have them ready to go. I have a feeling wearing a mask will be the norm for a long time to come.

Nic....I bet your Doula client is having extra anxiety about the birth of her child during this epidemic. I sure hope all goes well for her and I'm sure she's so happy to have you supporting her.

My DH has mentioned that I may have to cut his hair at some point. Good grief. I can only imagine what a mess I'll make of it. His hair is very thin, so it'll just mainly be trimming around the ears and the back. My hair is beginning to look like a shaggy bush. It'll be what it'll be. I have lots of ball caps!

Blue...I've been doing some research about turning my "dumb" TV into a "smart" TV. I have the Amazon Fire Stick....sort of like Roku. Today or tomorrow I'm going to try to hook it up to my exercise room TV and see if I can figure things out. I don't want to mess with the living room TV as I don't want to screw things up so DH has no TV to watch. That would be bad.

I've never been a good at home exerciser. I have purchased many DVD's etc, but just have never been able to get into a home routine. That has to change...and quickly!

Jaz....thinking of you facing another week on the front lines. None of us can imagine what you're seeing on a daily basis.

DH watches the weather channel a lot and I've been seeing all the nasty weather you have been getting. What a mess. We have a period of cool weather and showers ahead, but we very seldom get the severe weather that you seem to deal with all the time. Stay safe!

--------

It'll be coffee, tea & bone broth for me most of the day. Maybe some eggs for dinner. Trying to stay around 500 calories for the day.

Time to get the scale moving in the right direction and get rid of this muffin top!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Apr-20-20 at 04:47.