Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 02:47

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 202/202/180 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:41%/38%/30%(?)
Progress: 0%
Talking Brand New

Hello to all of you out there. I was diagnosed with PCOS in April, and have been dealing with it since. I have tried a million times to loose weight and now here I am and extremely excited about low carbing! I plan to start Tuesday. (I must shop and get through the holiday first! )
I wanted to ask all of you how you do it. I have read and I understand everything. But the motivation and the will power. Will it come with time? Will I want to keep going once I know how great it makes me feel? That's what's killed me in the past and I am a little worried about that happening this time.
I just hope that this site will be encouraging to me. I am hyped up, especially after reading all of the wonderful success stories. Any imput would be great. I am just thankful that I found my way!
ps.. I am currently waiting to get on clomid. I have a cyst that won't allow me to have medication. Oh yeah, I am 22 and married. We have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years, but technically for 9 months now. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 08:18

Plan: Scharzbein principle
Stats: 187/187/147 Female 166cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome rachel

For me a couple of thing really motivate me. I have PCOS too and every time I am tempted to eat something carby, I remind myself that I am doing this for my health and so I can have a baby.(hopefully!)

the second thing that motivates me is that I feel fantastic!!!! once u get over the first 2 weeks or so, you will have loads more energy and will feel much more alive. For me too, it helped to improve my moods.

the other thing is that once you get into the plan, if you do eat something really off the plan, it will make you feel terrible - I get hangovers from popcorn!!!!! so this really makes you think before you eat....e.g 'Have I got time tomorrow for a really bad hangover, and feeling generally crappy?'

the last thing is that losing weight, getting compliments from people and being able to buy nicer clothes etc, are great motivators.
I will admit that it's really hard at the beginning but once u get into it, you will delighted!!!

good luck and let us know how u are getting on!
Clodagh