Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 07:32

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 150/140/125
BF:
Progress: 32%
Smile Metformin success story

Hi Girls,

I just wanted to share my good news for those of you who are on metformin and are wondering about how it will work for you...

I started showing symptoms of PCOS about a year ago. My weight skyrocketed from 125 to 150 in 2 months, hair started growing on my sideburns, chin, nipples, and lower abdomen. I stopped getting a period on my own, so my doctor gave me provera every three months to induce one.

I was doing my own research and started low-carbing, and I also heard a lot of great things about metformin, so I went to my doctor and insisted she refer me to a gynecologist. I don't know why she didn't do it sooner, but my gyn immediately gave me a metformin prescription and since DH and I are TTC, she told me to stop taking provera for the next six months. I started metformin on May 24th and on June 3rd, I got a period on my own for the first time in a year! I am now charting my temperature and have yet to determine if I'm ovulating or not...I guess I'll know in a couple of weeks!

I wanted to share my story because I remember how anxious I was when I first started taking met and I was looking for anything that would give me some optimism that it would work. Good luck to all!
Sponsored Links