Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-19, 06:08

Plan: Keto, LC, IF
Stats: 231/220/165 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress:
Default ~ 12 wks LC

Hi all,
I'm just about to start wk 12 of my LC way of eating. I have lost the first 15lb of my planned 65lb loss. I'm not losing at a dramatic rate but the scales are moving steadily in the rignt direction. I have been doing keto up until 2 weeks ago when I stepped off the wagon for Christmas. Fortunately I gained very little over Christmas (that's a first and a win in itself!) and am looking forward to life & food returning to normal (my normal is now LC).
I started on keto and after a few weeks moved to 16:8 IF. Due to lack of hunger and no desire to eat, I moved to 22:2 and OMAD + AM and PM BPC on weekdays, and 16:8 TMAD on weekends. I find OMAD Mon - Fri is a great fit with my lifestyle.
I'd Iike to speed up my weight loss to about 2lb/wk so any suggestions are welcome. I'm thinking of starting Fast 800 and would be interested to hear the experiences of people that have tried it.
Thanks,
Polly.

Last edited by PollyWaffl : Mon, Dec-30-19 at 06:42.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-19, 11:35

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Never heard of Fast 800 - sounds interesting - random youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDEEal3nO9E

Sounds like you vary the caloric intake back up on eating days

From the video it doesn't appear to be particularly what we'd call "Low Carb" around here but he mentioned the veg and fruit to select "lower" carb versions. If it's better that you where eating 13 weeks ago, what have you got to loose?

Go For it! See how it works for you
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-19, 21:11

BF:
Progress:

Fast 800 is certainly not as low carb as keto, but the 800 calorie stage (first 12 weeks) does involve mild ketosis. I'd keep the carbs very low and use most of the calories on fat & protein.
The whole calorie thing is doing my head in. The keto forum (that I am movng away from as I'm not rigidly keto enough &#128512 says 'calories don't matter' and 'you have to eat a high calorie diet' and 'you arent eating enough' so I'm not sure what to think. I moved to OMAD because I had no appetite and was forcing myself to eat in the evening to reach my macros, which made me feel yuk. Then I was told that I shouldnt do OMAD because you cant eat enough calories in just 1 meal.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-19, 01:29

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I had to laugh at the idea that you can't eat enough calories in one meal. We are so differemt, and some people can't, but this is a ridiculous generalisation. I have been doing time restricted eating for 6 years, and I can eat more than enough calories in two hours, alas!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-19, 07:20

BF:
Progress:

I know, righ! A couple of pats of butter on your veges and k'ching - 200 calories! Easy.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 07:51

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Happy New Year, Polly. Here's my two cents on the Journey--going on about four decades of continual learning myself.

--I hate counting stuff: calories, macros, steps, even carbs! So, the KISS method works best for me. Keep it simple, stupid. KETO or the Westman Page Four plan (you can look up all that on this site) is simply SIMPLE. Eat this, don't eat that.

--Calories may or may not "count." Apparently nobody can agree on this. What's scientific is that the "calorie" as a quantity is meaningless as compared with the metabolic function--what happens to what you eat inside your body. Bodies don't all behave the same, as you can observe from your skinny friends who manage to eat everything in sight and still stay...skinny. Maybe not healthy, but thinner than you. Not fair, right?

--You're looking for a way of eating that you really enjoy. Eating fat (like butter, bacon, mayonnaise, some salad dressings, frying oils) provides needed energy--but more important, makes things taste good. You don't have to eat more than you like.

--Aiming for 1-2lbs/wk is probably realistic. It won't happen on a dependable downward trend line. Ups and downs. Don't torture yourself with statistics. It's about the journey, right?

Best wishes for 2020 and always!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 22:39

BF:
Progress:

Thanks Barbara - so nice to hear this simple approach.
I'd be very, very happy with an average loss of 1kg/2lb per week. Overjoyed, in fact!
My weight loss has certainly not been a smooth downward slope - has little ski-jumps every 4 weeks BUT overall it's pretty good... I'm just very impatient.
Attached Images
File Type: png weight loss.PNG (35.7 KB, 3 views)
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-20, 11:06

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

By the way, in case you missed it over on that other thread, here's how to find out about those pesky acronyms like DANDR.

At the very top of this page, look for the green strip. Home is the first word.
Go to Tips.
Scroll down that list to the one about LINGO. Bingo!

Of course, you can always ask on a thread.

Best wishes.