Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/129/120 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 44%
Thumbs up New to this site and I love it!

I hope I'm doing this right since it it my first post. I've been lurking on this site for several weeks but decided it was time to join in. I've tried several recipes I've found here and the ongoing encouragement is priceless. I have about 9 more pounds to lose. My DH and I have been on Atkins since July 11. He has lost 15 pounds and I have lost 7 pounds. Since July 11 we have spent two weeks in New Orleans and have gone on a 9 day road trip across the Western US so we are thrilled that we were able to do that much traveling (especially to New Orleans!) and still lose some weight. We have a cruise coming up in 34 days so that will be a real test. I'm hoping to lose 5 more pounds by then. I think the Atkins WOE will be relatively easy to maintain on a cruise when compared to a low fat plan. I don't expect not to gain but in the past it's been at least a pound an day and I'm determined not to let that happen this time! When I see the pounds lost by folks on this board it really inspires me to stay with the program and lose my last few pounds. Thank you! Lou
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 18:35
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Hello Lou and welcome

Congratulation to your success so far. You sure found the right site for information and support My Husband and I switched to Low carbing a year ago and feel great.

I wish you ongoing success

#3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 21:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

Welcome "aboard". You are in the best site for great support and encouragement. Hope to see you around! and Good Luck!
Take care