Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 12:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/175/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Snow Cone Machine

There is a Rival Snow Cone machine for 14.88 in my Walmart. They have assorted flavors of syrup ....1 is sugar free carb free Cherry. I know people like to stay away from sweets completly but I need them to stay on this WOL and I know there are people out there eating them! So It is FAB, love it. You can try other things beside the SF cherry over the shaved ice like a "Farmers Soda"(heavy cream and diet soda) OR I just made a Mikes Light lem Lime cooler over the ice with a spash of the SF Cherry WOW 1 carb. You can have it at the picnics and feel like you are still part of the party. Yummy with crabs this weekend!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 12:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/185/167 Female 5ft. 6in.
BF:I don't wanta know
Progress: 87%

We bought one, too. Our Wal Mart has sugar-free blue raspberry, too. It is even better than the cherry. We also like to make lime ices. Just squeese half a lime over a large cup of the shaved ice and sprinkle Morton's Lite Salt over it. You are getting vitamin C and Potassium and very little carbs or calories. Yum so good and helps cool you off which we definitely need here with temps in the upper 90's and beyond lately.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 12:47

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

I bought one for while I was in induction! I would put diet caffiene free diet coke on it and it got me through many tough nights! Now, on occassion, I throw a sugar free 100% juice pop in it and the treat is heavenly! Money well spent!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 13:11

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Does is crush the ice up really finely? I am craving a snowcone/ball like crazy and would kill for one! Are the sugar free syrups Splenda sweetened? Thanks.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 13:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorra_1
Does is crush the ice up really finely? I am craving a snowcone/ball like crazy and would kill for one! Are the sugar free syrups Splenda sweetened? Thanks.

I think it does! I had bought a hand cranker that gave me chunks...yuk...but this one...the ice just melts in my mouth! I don't know about the syrups because I have never used them! Sorry!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 13:18

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Thanks. I might make a trip to Walmart soon to get it!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 13:19
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb for PCOS
Stats: 244/193/170 Female 5' 6"
BF:Going down
Progress: 69%

Oh my goodness.. these tips have made my day! I can't wait to try a Farmer's soda... and you can bet I'll be hitting Wal-Mart this weekend! My sweet tooth isn't as strong as it used to be, but it's still alive and kickin! Thanks, all!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 17:09

BF:

Im so glad you guys approved!! Im a sweet tooth crazy person. I just got back from walmart OHH YEAHH Found the SF Blue raspberry.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 18:43

Stats: 202/154/135 Female 5.2"
BF:sc/ar/ey
Progress: 72%

We bought one this past weekend. I don't know tho I have been on a sno-cone bender lol. The sweetner in the SF is aspertame. I have averaged 3-5 a day I mean ADDICTED. I may need to give em up. Isn't too much aspertame bad for me? BTW It crushes the ice very fine. We went for the $15 one but bought the $24 DH liked that it caught the ice and you didn't have to hold a glass there and wait for it to fill. But they both crush fantastic.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 20:11

BF:

It can make you stall (aspertame).... moderation.... I always check my stick when I try new things! I can eat them and do fine. My mom on th other hand No No she will stall in a heart beat!
<3 Kristal
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 21:21

Plan: none
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:yep
Progress: 58%

I have a Rival shaved ice machine. I love it....for syrup I simply use Torani Sugar free or DaVinci Sugar Free. These are both sweetened with Splenda and come in tons of sugar free flavors. It's the bomb!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 21:32

Stats: 248/243/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 7%

HOLY COW this sounds good. I've got a Wal-Mart right across the street from me. Yee haw!

With the temps down here over a hundred for the past couple of weeks, this sounds FAB!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 21:41

BF:

I agree...don't get carried away with the stuff that has aspartame...the sf devinci stuff is perfect!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-05, 07:20

Stats: 202/154/135 Female 5.2"
BF:sc/ar/ey
Progress: 72%

The only davincis my walmart has is vanilla, irish cream and some other weird flavor. None of which would make a good sno-cone unfortunatly. Wonder why they can't get some simple cherry flavored syrup or somthing.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-05, 08:59

Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

i have a snow cone maker- i use my davinci s/f syrups on it. got to go to walmarts to see what they have. i love my machine sue