Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-12, 14:47

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%
Talking Julian Bakery Zero Carb Bread ~ Induction Friendly

So I have had their 1 carb bread before which is great as is or toasted. However, the zero carb bread is only good when toasted, grilled, or some kind of heat is applied. As is...it's horrible.

I've had it grilled as a tuna melt...taste great. As toast w/butter and sf jam...taste great. Tried as is...by itself...and almost puked. So yeah, it's great if you are in induction stage. It didn't affect my weight or blood sugar...didn't knock me out of ketosis or anything so on that fact alone i will continue to purchase, but i will still also purchase the one carb version because it is awesome for sandwiches just as it is. hmmm? i wonder how it will taste to use as breadcrumbs for the up and coming holidays? i will have to do a test.

Julian Bakery Zero Carb Bread

Finally, a sandwich bread with ZERO carbs that tastes great! Our Carb Zero bread has the perfect flavor, is moist and holds up well for sandwiches. It’s gluten free, yeast free, sugar free, soy free, dairy free, and guilt free. Carb Zero Bread is perfect for anyone watching their weight or who is diabetic or gluten intolerant. Get 18g of protein in two slices with Zero Net Carbs, which makes it ideal for any lean body goal. You’ll love this as a great anytime snack as it keeps you from craving bad foods. We use gluten free oat fiber which is scientifically proven to control blood sugar all day long. The best part about this bread is that if you’re on a low carb diet you can eat Carb Zero in the Induction Phase! (Freezes for 3 + Months). Carb Zero bread is also just a great gluten free sandwich bread. (Lab Tested & Verified) (GI= Zero) (Stay In Ketosis)
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 slice (43g)
Servings Per Loaf approx 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories 59 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.5g 4%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 110mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 9g (Non-Digestible -From Fiber) 3%
Dietary Fiber 9g 38%
Net Carbs 0g (Zero Impact Carbs) 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 9g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 2%
Iron 2% Calcium 4%
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie a day diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Gluten Free Oat Fiber, Egg Whites, Psyllium, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda.

Taste & Texture Of Carb Zero:

Carb Zero bread is moist, spongy, and has the texture of regular bread when toasted. It holds together better than any gluten free bread currently on the market and is ideal for sandwiches. It also makes excellent toast (When toasted on high). The taste of Carb Zero bread is unlike that of Smart Carb bread which is the best tasting low carb bread. Carb Zero is gluten and carb free and is made with oat fiber, which gives it a delicious oat flavor. Cinnamon- Carb Zero Bread has a touch of sweetness and a wonderful cinnamon taste that makes it amazing for French toast or quick, on-the-go protein in the morning. Our breads are ideal for celiacs, diabetics, and people looking to reach their ideal weight. Also, if you are in the Induction Phase of a low-carb diet and need to stay in Ketosis, then Carb Zero is the perfect bread for you!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-12, 15:46
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Oh dear... no. There's been a lot of threads on this bread. It makes untrue claims according to the research out there.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-12, 16:09

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

2nd, and it makes my blood sugar rise as much as other breads to boot.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-12, 16:16
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I find that if its ground into flour, I must avoid it.

As Nancy said, we've been through this a while ago and their claims are just not true.
Its false and misleading advertising.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-12, 16:16

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

i haven't had that experience with the zero carb bread. i just know it taste nasty without grilling or toasting.