Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 18:08
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc145
Please do tell where you got this!!

Heres a link to a web site with the same name:
http://www.breadoflifeorganicbakery.com/

They've got a list of stores in Kansas and Missouri that carry it....maybe you can get it online?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-07, 11:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/270.2/200 Male 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Bread of Life Bakeries

As requested...

Bread of Life Bakery
2274 West 86th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46260
(317) 872-5251

It is at the end of a strip-mall across from St. Vincent's Hospital on 86th Street. My last trip there I asked if they sell the low carb bread in any of the stores and they told me I could find it at Marsh. I will probably continue to buy it direct from them...a bit pricy ($4.50 p/loaf) but well worth it.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-07, 12:39

Plan: atkins hybrid
Stats: 210/179/150 Female 65 inches
BF:that's the point.
Progress: 52%

Thanks!

I know the area for St V's really well. Used to work up that way.
The $4.50 per loaf now is still cheaper than what I would find it for at O'Malia's 2 years ago. But it does taste good hunh?
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-07, 13:46
Registered Member

Stats: 310/270.2/200 Male 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Very Good

I love it! It makes great toast or sandwiches. On occasion, I will make french toast with it. What is nice about getting it direct from the bakery is the freshness. I usually buy two loaves and freeze one.
In MHO it is much better than the Healthy Life bread from Wal-Mart and is 1/2 the carbs. I purchased two loaves today. I was incorrect on the count in my first post...it is 7 carbs per/slice but has 4 fiber...so it is still 3 net carbs p/slice.
My carb addicted spouse loves it as well. She likes the fulness of the bread with it being more filling than regular bread...probably the fiber.
I did confirm with the lady at the bakery today that it is available from Marsh as well but it wouldn't be as fresh.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-07, 16:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins and South Beach
Stats: 145.0/140/135.0 Female 5.5inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi

I live in Montana, and our local Walmart has a low carb bread that is made by a local wholewheat bakery.

It has 6 net carbs per slice. I was so glad to find it as on the weekends I love to have toast. This is the only time that I have bread.

I must confess that I had two slices this morning with my eggs and free range turkey sausages and it was really delicious. I felt guilty though. I have just completed my two weeks induction, and I know that this is not really the correct process for increasing my carb intake, but I woke up dreaming about the bread!!!

To the lady in the UK, I am from England, and I am planning to travel home in February. I am glad that you mentioned that it is not available there, as I will take a loaf with me. I know I am a total stranger, however I would be willing to send you some from here if you like!!!!

Better yet, you could try making your own low carb bread??? I love cooking, however I have never made bread, so I am not sure how difficult it would be to make my own. For the time being though I am glad to have the one available here. It is really dense and satisfying too.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jan-20-07, 19:46

Stats: 176/124/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 127%

We may never see a Walmart Superstore in our part of Hawaii. City Council is moving to ban superstores in general to keep from putting small business people out of business. They have them I think on Oahu, the Costco there is great.

Its good news to see Walmart carrying more LC products, congratulations!!!!!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jan-21-07, 07:32
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

I keep my LC bread in the freezer, so i have to thaw it or toast it to eat it, like i do with most treats, it also lasts longer that way, cause I can not have it every day.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-07, 23:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/145/120 Female 5
BF:
Progress:

Has anybody tried Pepperridge Farms CarbStyle breads? Only 5g net carbs per slice and very moist!

1 slice=
Calories: 60
Total Fat: 1.5g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 150mg
Carbs: 8g
Fiber: 3g
Sugar: 0g
Protein: 5g
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-07, 19:54

Plan: atkins hybrid
Stats: 210/179/150 Female 65 inches
BF:that's the point.
Progress: 52%

Tman! Really bad news. I went to the bakery this weekend, the sign on the door said the last day for baking bread was January 19th. There is a website on the door to contact the owner so that he could let customers know if he would go back into business again. I didn't have a pen handy to write it down, but I suppose it was really too good to last. ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!