Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 07:16
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

Thanks KJ, nice to be able to talk to someone who's been through this!!

One month down...? to go...

Did you use any supplements?

Liz
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 08:19

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%

I agree, thanks KJ! Glad to hear these little ba~#$%s can be beaten! Let's see, it's been two months for me, so maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Some days the die-off is really bad, others I barely notice it.

I never have gotten hives, but I have a weird rash on the inside of my elbows. But it comes and goes. This whole thing is just plain weird all around!

-Denise
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 11:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/268/170
BF:48
Progress: 0%

Doreen, thank you for the thoughtful reply. I ended up taking your advice and was told it was some kind of virus and was given antihistimins and cortisone cream. I had to use them for a few days and still have residual rash, but am much better and don't want to use any more meds.

My thanks to the others who have posted--I get lots of great info on this site.

Susan
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-10, 18:41

Plan: none
Stats: 129/129/125 Female 000
BF:
Progress:

I also developed hives during a cleanse I did about 7 years ago... and I am still dealing with them. They have gone into remission only a couple times (during the second half of both my pregnancies).
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Mar-13-12, 09:33

Plan: juicing/ all green veg
Stats: 230/212/172 Male 70
BF:
Progress:
Default Me too... hives or something else perhaps

... The strangest thing happened to me and it may be related to your issue...weight at beginning of cleanse 230, after 4 weeks of green juice x twice a day and an all vegetable diet x 1 meal a day I am now 212 lbs...

I noticed (after the first 3 weeks), tiny patches of hives appearing on various places, including finger joints (knuckles), and what seems to be a slight case of athletes foot. Never in 30 years have I had athletes foot or any sort of allergic reaction as I have no known allergies and I keep very clean. After one more week I have what looks like ring-worm (dry circular patches) in the same places on knuckles and between two toes. have treated with Lotrimin (to no avail), and Benadryl. The Benadryl has removed the itch and the body hives well, but the (ringworm?) other symptoms remain.

I can only conclude that this problem is a condition related to immunological reaction to the diet change, or even high-dose vitamins from the juice.

I am still taking vitamin c-6000uid and niacin 200uic b6, b12, and d3x10000uid, in addition and continue to lose weight and feel great besides, so the benefits outweigh the rash.

I am going to change the treatment for the rings to organic tea tree oil drops (topical) applied x-twice a day to dry out the rash (ring).