Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 03:32

Plan: ketogenic/VLC
Stats: 522/456/399 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 54%

I have/had a similar problem... but the oposite... when I was 160 lbs 12 years ago, I saw myself as a 400lb person. I didnt even realize I was gaining weight because I always saw myself as huge. Then when I got to 400lbs I was actualy seeing myself correctly for the first time... I honestly didnt notice a different in the mirror... physicaly I noticed I wasnt fitting in chairs ect... but I couldnt understand it because I was just as big as I always was... I am 6ft and very big boned, I was athletic and muscular 12 years ago, but I remember wearing sweatshirts and pants in 110 degree weather because I was too huge to show any of my fat discusting skin... The mind is a strange thing... I wonder how it is going to be when I lose, am I just always going to see this 400 lb woman staring back at me in the mirror?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-10, 09:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190.0/190/140 Female 5'6"
BF:too much
Progress: 0%
Default reply

Sheila,

I am new pretty much to this way of life. I began last year but stopped pretty abruptly. I had maxed out a few years ago at 208lbs. I am unsure even how that happened. It seems like I went to bed at 128lbs and the next morning awaked at 208lbs! I was going through a bad death in the family so my only ideas there are that I just did not notice all of the weight. Anyway, I began walking everyday. first 2 miles, then 5 then 5-8. The weight dropped to 175 then down and down to 140 and then to 138. I was in great shape, a size 7 and everytime I looked in the mirror, all I saw was 208lbs looking back at me. I would be walking though a parking lot and go to pass between cars and know the space was large enough for me to fit but still walk around because what if it wasn't and I was seen trying to squish through? I called it my "fat mind". Like once you have carried around extra weight, you always seem to carry extra weight around on your mind when you think of yourself. I am sorry to say I never found a sensible solution. Maybe therepy would be helpful. I do think no matter how low you get the digits on your scale you will still feel the same way you have been feeling from being heavier than you wanted to. Almost like it is hard to appreciate all you have done for yourself now and you cannot take pride in your accomplishments because your not where your mind will let you be. I hope you can look in the mirror and see the beautiful you and not your size at all anymore. Just all you have accomplished and who you are.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-10, 09:34

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Wow, I really need to split the difference, mentally, with some of you ladies. I get so down when I see that I'm not really a fat size 14, but a fat size 16, instead. I have so far to go. sigh.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-10, 18:20

Plan: my plan
Stats: 162.5/148/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 83%

Your video is touching. I see you feel very connected to God. Try to remember God gave you this body to take care of so you can live your life the best way you can. Take care of your body, but remember it really is not so important to look good on the outside. You are very pretty and truly blessed to be so beautiful. Thank God for your physical beauty and work on becoming just as beautiful on the inside.