Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-20, 08:03

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tess9132
Hah! Boy, can I identify with this! Right now, it's hard to imagine eating crap again, but once I start, forget it!

My advantage is that I really, really don't like the taste of vegetables. I used to eat them, the same way I could take liquid cough medicine. But I never enjoyed them. Butter? salt? Heck yeah, I like those, but the vegetables they were hiding, not so much. Zero carb for me is very freeing. I'm not pretending anymore. I'm not eating stuff I never really liked anyway just because somebody says I should. Too old. Don't care.

That was a wonderful post Tess cause heck I could have written it word for word also!! Wonderful cause we see US in all this dieting crap out there and US says we are friggin' done with it all. Freeing, darn right it is!!

veggies, heck I don't need 1 in my life, they stink. they have antinutrients in them that cause body aches and more that many can't handle, bloating, digestion troubles, ick. Meat is just non-toxic in its natural form way more than a veg ever is so why would I want those back? Nope.

My 'going back' is straight to the worst crap and I know deep down in my heart I can't go there. A tub of ice cream....inhaled so fast I wouldn't even known I attacked it, suck down most of a large pizza, and then, umm go for that ice cream, that was me and that batshit crazy behavior has to go point blank now and forever.....ugh...that can't happen for me ever again.

You're not pretending anymore!! Once we accept that mindset we can move forward and thrive, do for us as we need it and flourish.....hot darn!! Cool!
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-20, 06:28

BF:

woke up super not hungry

do I defrost a ribeye or not today? hmmm, if I don't I know I will want one. If I do and don't want to eat it today or even tomorrow I could get caught with it going south on me.....I hate that.

I hit a weird feeling zone ya know. That I don't want to look at food, screw food, no desire for it and right now I know that is a fact.....but 5 hrs from now I might be wanting some food like a hound dog on a bone HAHA

I got chicken tho I can default to easily. Got some burger too.

I will leave the ribeye in the freezer for today. Take one out tomorrow morning so I have one ready for later but today, my usual must have ribeye is off my radar. Not anything to do about taste and all, I love them still but it is like my body absolutely does not require a full on ribeye delish steak.

I feel like my body has so much nutrition that it is like I can go into lower foods today and just eat less cause my body is not asking for the big beef at all.

I know you zero carbers know this feeling and what I am chatting about

Zero carb people have their own total dictionary and 'new body feelings' others won't experience. Our plan is unique and I think gives me personally such a very natural and normal state of being.

well...works that way for me
  #213   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-20, 10:16

BF:

another 1/2 lb down

seems to be 'the thing'

I eat so damn good
as much as I want
any time I desire

and the body gives it to me eventually.

zero carb all the way.
plan suit me SO well and body healing.

can't ask for more.

oh yea put on a shirt I love love love and it fits easily but would love that 'next 10 lbs' to be gone to give it that 'ommfft' and clear for public display out and about.

10 will go fast enough for me and I will be rocking this shirt I love come early spring. Cool

just chatting out zero carb cause it rocks HAHA
  #214   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-20, 05:07

BF:

So I am perusing other sites again for strict carnivore.

zero carb eating.

most are a joke. In fact one is chatting how since fruit was designed by the plant to be attractive for mammals to pick it up and distribute the seeds, it is not as harmful as the plant itself and that eating some fruit every now and then is OK.

Sorry guys.....anyone saying they are eating fruit is not doing zero carb. It is like this 100% we eat carnivore plan is not that at all. It is amazing the stupid out there on this zero carb plan....huh

I don't wander much thru social media/forums anymore. I can't stand them, especially when people on an exclusive eating forum say they do XYZ plan and then do something totally different?

oh well...just throwing out some thoughts on it.

I think zero carb is being twisted quite a bit out there but funny thing is, if ya eat some fruit you are a keto person so just go the heck be a keto person and stop pretending you are in a carnivore eating lifestyle. I don't know HAHA

safer for my mental health to avoid those forums LOL
  #215   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-20, 07:38

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:

Quote:
10 will go fast enough for me and I will be rocking this shirt I love come early spring. Cool
Greatest feeling in the world.

I was googling something (about poop - hah!) the other day and came across the subreddit for carnivore. Wow! They're VERY committed there. True believers in pure carnivore, if you want hardcore, that might be the place for you. I was reading thread after thread where they were discounting what anyone who, once or twice a month, might use a little mustard on a hot dog. I could never post there - I'm thinking my weekly glasses of wine would discount my experiences for them. And I'm not giving up my wine anytime soon!
  #216   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-20, 04:20

BF:

Quote:
Greatest feeling in the world.

I was googling something (about poop - hah!) the other day and came across the subreddit for carnivore. Wow! They're VERY committed there. True believers in pure carnivore, if you want hardcore, that might be the place for you. I was reading thread after thread where they were discounting what anyone who, once or twice a month, might use a little mustard on a hot dog. I could never post there - I'm thinking my weekly glasses of wine would discount my experiences for them. And I'm not giving up my wine anytime soon!

LOL yea I seen that subreddit one for carnivore. They are a very tight zero carb group, something I actually love.

you know it is funny, you have either the SO tight group like ZIOH that can slay ya for having that mustard on a hot dog....most would nail ya and a few says it is ok....then ya got the other zero carb/carnivore groups out there that are SO lack and believe in the 'do the carnivore' any way ya want with fruit and veg I mean it is like you can't find one that is just 'more normal in using condiments a bit but not eating any plants'.....heck I should go start one...HAHA nah it would drive me insane from day 1. probably get banned from my own site LOL

googling poop were ya? omg we are hilarious! Love it.
  #217   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-20, 06:19

BF:

jumping on a big 1 lb. ribeye steak today

and the stores BEST put some on sale SOON. I had to buy it full price per lb. and it irked the heck out of me to pay that HAHA

come on sales!!!! when ribeye goes down I am gonna fill the freezer like a mad woman LOL

dropped 3/4 lb. on the scale. Love it. Eat as much as I want, all the time, never hungry, steak/bacon/seafood/butter/alfredo sauce/cheese and more and I eat what I love and the lbs. are ever so slowly leaving at their own rate. I couldn't ask for more on it cause I don't think about anything. No track/kcal count/macro junk or any of it. No 'dieting' old baggage in my mind anymore, cause I just eat and eat so well and results are coming with feeling so darn good also while doing it

that's about it on update for now
  #218   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-20, 07:39

BF:

Quote:
and the stores BEST put some on sale SOON. I had to buy it full price per lb. and it irked the heck out of me to pay that HAHA
I have been finding that late Monday evening or Tuesday mornings are a great time to get on sale meat. I bought grassfed ribeye the other day for 7.99 a pound! I've been scoping out the meat sections for a couple of weeks now. I'm fortunate that I live n an area where I have six different grocery stores within a 10 minute drive from my house. You might say I've been staking out the steaks. This week I went to 3 different stores before I hit the jackpot.

I'm pretty sure the meat departments stock the shelves on Fridays with meat that will expire on Tuesdays, so when I find it on sale I buy out what they have and throw it in the freezer. And I've been eating like a king on a serf's budget.

ETA: Good for you Karen on the loss! I've stopped weighing but my pants are getting loose. Pretty soon I'm going to have to buy some new ones! Who ever thought I would be a size 6 again???? But even better than being thin, I feel fabulous! Almost no joint pain at all. Bloating is gone. Feeling really good.
  #219   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-20, 06:17

BF:

Quote:
I bought grassfed ribeye the other day for 7.99 a pound!

stock the shelves on Fridays with meat that will expire on Tuesdays, so when I find it on sale I buy out what they have and throw it in the freezer. And I've been eating like a king on a serf's budget.

Who ever thought I would be a size 6 again???? But even better than being thin, I feel fabulous! Almost no joint pain at all. Bloating is gone. Feeling really good.

wonderful post Tess! I so enjoy reading your posts all full of positive attitude, killer hunting skills at the meat counters and more

wow that is LOW on grass fed price. You scored on that. I keep checking my grass fed counter area but haven't hit low sales like this or any markdowns, I think someone 'knows' the schedule on reduction costs and more and 'stalks' it like you....hmm, or is it you doing that to me HA, well we aren't in the same location but I think someone is smart and stalking the grass fed for reduction markdowns and lapping them up. every now and then I hit a low markdown and grab it but rare. Some I think is smarter than me on this one

I think I am gonna wake up a bit more in my shop times and score better than I usually do. I mean my meat is ME so I gotta have it at all costs , no, not all cost cause I gotta stalk me markdowns and sales better.

size 6, ahhh you little thing you but I so get about being happy where you are, eating great while doing it and feeling wonderful physically. I second you, the feeling great part is key for me also. being 58 now every part of my body is getting older and who knows right? but with my food I noticed my body feels so much more wonderful and aches disappear and more than I can't sing the praises of this way of eating enough!
  #220   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-20, 10:04

BF:

Yeah, I'm not sure if that 7.99/lb was a mistake. It was at the Wegman's, which is probably the furthest grocery store from me (about 15 minutes) so I can't say I'll always check there, but they had 6 pounds of grass fed ribeye that had to be sold that day, so I bought them all.

One of the best side effects of carnivore for 54 year old me is fewer hot flashes. I mean one or two a day and sometimes a day will pass and I'll notice I haven't had one. And the ones I do get are typically much milder than the ones I used to get when I was just eating low carb.

I've read that menopausal women with hot flashes are more likely to experience heart trouble at some point. Well, I figure carnivore eating must be good for my heart because I hardly notice those darned hot flashes anymore!
  #221   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-20, 06:37

BF:

yea I did the bulk of my menopause with extreme low carb/zero carb days and I did very well thru it. When I dipped into carnivore and stayed there my symptoms stopped. Night sweats and all left, eating more steaks made me happy and not irritable LOL my hubby liked that Glad you are doing SO WELL thru it and getting great results with it all!

I am over that crap now thank goodness. Out the other end in fine form thru it. I know many can experience very bad times, I wasn't one and with zero carb eating I controlled it all even better. Happy you are doing the same!

Yea that could have been a mistake in pricing.

I know one time I went to buy ribs. The big old giant slabs. They were marked at like 1.29/lb...chicken thigh sale price.

I guess the person was pricing chicken thighs that were on sale and somehow didn't change over the machine too fast but I found 3 monster packs of ribs in the pile that all had this ticket. 3 mistakes. Now I was on that fence, say something or take the deal and run. I went bad, I took the deal and ran with it. Saved me a lot of money and the ribs were delish LOL yea me bad but hey, I went for it. That was a good carnivore score for me.

PilotGal, how ya doing? You haven't checked in yet. Just hoping you are doing good I know you mentioned you were slap busy at times, was that work getting ya? Hope things are more relaxing for you now.

my eating is spot on.

dropped a few points on the scale. every so many days it just drops a bit more. I am fine with that. Down is the way to go.
New lows all the time but boy these tiny drops are painful in that it is seeming to take forever to get anywhere LOL but in the end they all add up so that is good LOL
  #222   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-20, 09:33

BF:

Quote:
my eating is spot on.

dropped a few points on the scale. every so many days it just drops a bit more. I am fine with that. Down is the way to go.
Good for you! Yes, down is still better than up for us. I'm still not weighing. At this point, I think it'll only harm me. I start worrying about a number. And then if the number is better than I expected, I could totally see myself saying, "What the heck - go ahead and have that nacho. You've earned it." And the nachos will turn into fake food like protein bars and Atkins shakes. The weight might not go up too much with that change, but the joints will hurt and weight loss will stop.

And right now, I've got a very firm plan to start doing fasts in Lent, which begins in two weeks. I'm Catholic and during Lent we're not supposed to have meat on Fridays or on Ash Wednesday. And if I start straying from pure meat now, next thing you know, I'll be drinking Atkins shakes on those meat free days when I could just be fasting without too much difficulty.

Fake food makes me hungry. It makes me have to eat or I feel nauseous. Not so with carnivore. That's all.
  #223   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-20, 06:05

BF:

Yes I think fasting is smart on that. I am also catholic so I feel ya on that one I have to say I researched it up a bit and fish and seafood is allowed on those days. So I just go for all that and do fine. I just can't fast anymore. I ain't got it in me. I mean I do like a 18/6 each day cause I eat my 2 meals in such a short window of time and done for the day but that is my normal eating and not eating. I just can't not eat and fast thru hunger. I ain't got it in me. So I do seafood and it holds me very well so I got it covered also

You are so right about fake food. I did the atkins crap and boy it does make one crave, at least for me it always did. 1 atkins bar, heck no I ate 3 before I could stop myself LOL I am SO glad that BS is all gone from my life now. What a blessing truly to be free from all that.

yea the scale sucks. I am up like 2 lbs. Salt lick time for me. I hate it. right now I am off the scale and not watching it cause I am almost like you. I had pork with some Cajun seasoning and then bacon and I salted up SO much and ate a lot.....not my normal eating kinda with just beef....and my scale is showing it and I feel 'thick' but not bloated.

So to fix this I am beef and seafood right now! That will drop me back and do me well. When I 'variety' it up and go a bit more into seasonings I do worse. I know where I need to be

but like you being up a bit I am like, well I could eat a friggin' pizza, gain a bit more, then lose it all fast but I gotta stop that thinking LOL up in salty bloat etc is not the same as a carby bloat so I can't go there in my mind. best for me is thinking shore up to my better meats/seafoods and just go from there.
  #224   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-20, 06:07

BF:

only 1 store put ribeye on sale down to 7.99/lb which is not the lowest its been and darn to me that is still high....ugh....but a nice drop from the reg. price.

I gotta get me some. Enough to hold me good but not a ton. I am waiting for that store to put it WAY down and then I will go in and fill the freezer in fine shape.

come on sales LOL I need them so badly..WEEEeeeee
  #225   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-20, 16:11

BF:

Now if this don't make me MAD.

We shop the same chain, my mom has one store near her. she is more country near a lake and since she is 92 in March, I go up and shop with her.

So we hit the store and remember my store has ribeye for 7.99/lb...….her store has the same damn flyer with lower prices......yea $6.99/lb for ribeye. The same darn thing I am buying at my store!!!

what a crock. I mean, yea I know, I know, taxes in her county are lower etc. and rent and all that truly in diff. locations etc......but it irked the living furball out of me. Knowing I was going to buy that same meat in my local store for a buck more a lb.

well I grabbed the last 4 double packs they had. Saved $17.22 on those 4. No more, I wiped it out and no time to chat up with butcher man cause mom is older and can't hang long shopping anymore LOL so I grabbed it and took what I could.

They were 1 lb. steaks each about.....2 lb. packs.....so $2 saved, so for 4 packs I saved $8 more than my store. I mean $8 is another steak in my pocket ya know

oh well....just goes to show. was shopping my store tomorrow fast but going back to moms store and buying more at the lower price. worth it, not a far drive truly so what the heck, money saved is key for me.

it is what it is I guess but it just struck me oh so wrong ya know HAHA