Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-20, 07:21

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Yeah, the prices are different all over! Are you always the one to take your mom shopping? If so, you should probably get in the habit of bringing a cooler so you can stock up.

Meanwhile, I had gotten some sort of stomach bug that was going around the grade school. Yesterday, I was so nauseous that I did end up eating some carbs. Bread to be exact. It did take away the nausea, and it caused some diarrhea after which I felt much, much better. I'm not considering it a fall off the wagon. It was more like medicine. But I'm not going to lie. It tasted good. I still like bread. sigh.
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-20, 06:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:

So sorry you got so sick Tess. Yea you ate that bread to soak up the bile or whatever in your tummy to make ya feel better. I get that. I remember crackers and ginger ale back in the day for a bad tummy LOL

Hope you are feeling better and improving quick! Hubby went down pretty bad but got some meds since it was in his chest mostly and now he is improving better. I tell ya 'those bugs' flying around out there can nail ya! So far kid hasn't gotten or brought home anything from school which is amazing to me...fingers still crossed she doesn't carry home some bug LOL

oh yea Tess, I got a cooler on my brain for sure.

her milk is .79 for 1/2 gallon. my store is like 2.09 or something? and her eggs are like .89 a doz. and my store is around 1.99 so yea....I decided I am gonna grab some stuff. It never seems like a lot of money but when you add it all up, I can save enough on that stuff to buy a friggin' steak for myself LOL I mean I want that savings for my steak

zero carb is treating me very well.
no scale drop but slimming down...the body must be losing some inches, my tops are getting bigger and hanging more on me but I never measure inches so I am not sure on that but the mirror and clothes make me thing inches are going so....

Never got into measuring. I wish someone would track every single inch etc. for me cause I ain't doing it LOL but would like to know, but truly not worth the effort. Yes I am a very lazy tracker and hater of apps and such....heehee…..one reason I love carnivore. No track, no nothing, just eat well and thrive. Some track in zero carb cause they absolutely love to do it and that is cool, me, nope HAHA
  #228   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-20, 07:58

BF:

I'm well now! And back in the saddle.

Feeling great again!

I'm not weighing but my clothes are getting big. I love that. I sort of wish I had measured. The big thing I'm noticing is less cellullite!
  #229   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-20, 10:17

BF:

Hot darn cause time on no carbs means a leaner meaner healing the body machine and cellulite is included in just that if a zero carber holds the course. Of course fat benefits come quick but some take longer on plan.....like cellulite. The body will change point blank all from this lifestyle if we give it the time allowed.

loved your post T!

yea I wish I did the measure crap too but who cares in the end cause we know we lost inches what will ever be more important than just that in the long haul LOL
  #230   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-20, 09:34

BF:

I went to a party on Saturday. Someone I hadn't seen in a while asked me if I'd had work done. HAH! He told me I looked younger than I did the last time he saw me. And then my sister in law asked me what I was using on my skin because she thought it looked great. I still think my neck and eyes look wrinkly, but who knows? Maybe they look less wrinkly than they did at Christmas?
  #231   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-20, 05:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tess9132
I went to a party on Saturday. Someone I hadn't seen in a while asked me if I'd had work done. HAH! He told me I looked younger than I did the last time he saw me. And then my sister in law asked me what I was using on my skin because she thought it looked great. I still think my neck and eyes look wrinkly, but who knows? Maybe they look less wrinkly than they did at Christmas?

wow Tess that is fantastic to say the least. I know it must have felt wonderful for someone to see and comment on your wonderful job following plan, it means you are radiating health out there for the world to see!! Love it.

I got a quick compliment from hubby the other day, in passing thru the house he says, hey, you are losing aren't ya? I said, yea, he said, (mumble of hmm, huh, eh, umm) and smiled and we kept on going our different way....LOL He needs in conversations for sure but he noticed so I like that at least

your situation was better than mine tho HAHA
  #232   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-20, 06:04

BF:

So I am hitting into that euphoric area of not wanting any food mostly. I am eating a lot lower in food intake right now.

It is not on purpose. It is a normal carnivore thing. Zero carb leads us this way. I ate so big for a good bit and I think my body hit a good sweet nourished spot and said, hey, this body is fine, lets cut back so my appetite is a lot lower. I know it will return but at least it makes me feel ok ya know.

No forced fasting or anything like that. I just do what the body wants in its request for food. But you know it does take a long time for the body to adjust on zero carb and give us true hunger and give us absolutely no hunger at all in such a vibrant 'feel' for us ya know. Like I know I need no food. My body says you are fine. When I say eat, you will eat good again

These are actually extremely deep body/mind feelings. One you can't mostly connect with in eating carbs and many zero carbers know this feeling very personal and understand it. But it is always so hard to type it out and put into words. I like the true body feeling from zero carb. It is outstanding.

So scale said down again....a whole friggin' 3/4 lb. Woof! That is a big number to me vs. the 1/2 lb drops LOL

So everything is going wonderful on zero carb.
  #233   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-20, 07:16

BF:

Oh Man Karen! I know exactly the feeling you're talking about! It is weird the hold carbs have over us and when that feeling is gone, there really is sort of a euphoria. I like that word to describe the feeling.

Have you been hearing/seeing more about the carnivore diet? I'm wondering if it's starting to go (sorta kinda) mainstream? I saw it in an ad the other day. I can't remember what it was for. But the ad said something like whether you're "low carb, keto, or carnivore" our product is for you. And low carb, keto and carnivore were in big red letters.
  #234   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-20, 07:32

BF:

No sadly not cause I am on some facebook 'carnivore' groups and they are eating keto. eating plants, having cheats and 'doing that dance' and say it is carnivore. Carnivore (which was zero carb before it became rebranded for name and profit from some very vocal users like Baker, Rogan and more)….is now not zero carb any more as a plan as we know it. Now carnivore is being 'branded as around 70% all meat and whatever the heck ya want after'.....and I am seeing those 'carnivore pushers' actually pushing a keto based plant eating plan cause it suits their wallets to 'allow' that for people to 'make it and claim carnivore'.

I tell ya Tess it is disgusting how warped it has become when one goes 'zero carb/carnivore groups' and they are eating keto saying they are carnivore LOL

but there are tough hold out closed groups vs. the public ones that are more tight...like ZIOH etc. You eat a plant and say it is good you are banned immediately and while many yell 'how dare you' it is what the plan IS ALL about ya know. Zero carb core values are plants take from the body and should not be eaten and meat/fat gives you all you need and that is all a carnivore should eat. It is a plan.

but then ya got carnivores saying some carnivores in nature eat plants so why is that not carnivore. Nature is just that, but an eating plan with guidelines to follow is just that also for health improvement so they won't ever be the same thing.

So from what I am finding, omg carnivore is getting so mushed into keto it is frightening cause the keto/carnivore people 'cheat' even worse to say 'they can' and it is SO out of whack from what I am seeing out there that it won't be mainstream in its full truth as an eating plan.

Keto is the new carnivore out there that I see BUT of course that is a wonderful plan for many. I get that easily but a full on true zero carb eater is now getting pushed out of the limelight into an even further backdrop. Full on carnivore you are now a 'Lion Diet' and who ever heard that crap but Lion Diet is now the new real carnivores vs. the keto plant eating carnivore.

Tess I tell ya it is insanity out there truly HAHA
and ya know, I was surprised as I learned all this crap on this WOE as being sucked up by mainstream people. Carnivore is not what we think in this little group anymore, twisted it goes and I didn't know zero carb/ called carnivore now is mostly a crazy change as in it is mostly a keto eating group with very high, heavy emphasis on meat. Won't ever be zero carb to me tho LOL

terms change I guess LOL but I aint' eating plants or cheating so I guess I fall in 'somewhere new' as some person new will come along and call it something, like Lion Diet to weed out the fluff in the other names????

I don't know, I am too darn old to care about it any more, I know zero carb is just that and I know what it is and how it should work from long ago...…….heck even Atkins in 1972 book said Induction, eat all the meat and seafood you want.....but you CAN eat a small limited salad, or change out a pickle instead for that....I guess he was 'giving a complete meal' mentality for people to make it and survive thru?

OMG I SO rambled on it all but geez in the end, don't eat plants, eat well on meat/fat/seafood, be smart doing just that and thrive.

even keto people don't get a true full on carnivore feeling like you and me got. they don't get it out there in keto land, yea they are superior vs the old way of eating, but I am saying and so many other zero carbers that when it all goes....you drop it all...it is a whole new amazing others can't understand ever.

oh well....my vent/rant/ramble is over on that HAHA
how you feel about it all? don't let me scare ya off on finding out the newer warped trend of it all HAHA
  #235   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-20, 21:46

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

I am surprised to find a carnivore thread here. Remember some of our carnivores from a decade or more ago? Suzanne, Margot.....Yes ZOIH and Zero Carb Health are a couple of the strict ones. They will also boot you for recommending fasting, supplements, etc.
There's another that is all over fasting but still all animal. I was a member but not very active. I have to think of the name.

I am a dirty carnivore. I call my woe meat and chocolate.
No vegies is such a relief. Now I buy frozen broccoli and green beans for my husband but often don't bother to cook it for him.

Remember when Matt Stone did his all meat challenge? A bunch of us LC'ers joined the ZIOH forum (defunct, only FB now) and played around with meat challenges.
At the time it seemed to tedious for me but now is another story. My gut only wants animal.
  #236   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-20, 04:31
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

There were a couple of guys from Magic Bus that did 1 month of high fat and no carbs and documented it....... great experiment... they were trying to eat 5,000 calories a day to see what it would do and nothing happened. I believe they lost a total of 2 pounds each, but kept muscle and lost inches...

Remember when CW from ZIOH recommended that all Carnivores eat ice cream?
I remember that. I was traveling in CA and stayed at a hostel.. they didn’t have stevia, but had real sugar.. I mentioned it in my journal and CW banned me from ZIOH because I ingested sugar... that is the leader of the lunatics....

I’ve been eating mostly meat for 47 yrs. (longer, if you count my Atkins days in 1974 which was mostly meat) there was a span in 1999-2002 where I tried to eat like my partner.. no red meat. I became an alcoholic for a few years.
That’s how miserable I was and miserable in that relationship.

Been clean ever since. Meat just agrees with me. I like a little variety, I am human after all... but I keep it at 95% meat and a dab of carbs just for jollies..

I’m still here Jem. Been 14 yrs, now.
Welcome back!
  #237   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-20, 07:54

BF:

Hi Jem, welcome to the little carnivore world here I still like saying zero carb better HA

meat and chocolate. I get ya. I don't think there is anything wrong with a taste of something we can include in our meal plans to make it a long term plan we can hold as a lifestyle.

I would class me as 99% meat/seafood and 1% bites of this or that in my life. I have to hold tight control over me truly cause I am a massive slippery slope person So it is fine tho ya know in that I love my eating plan so doing great thru it all.
When you love how you eat ya got most of this crazy healthy eating crap whipped ya know LOL

PilotGal,
huh, what, CW said to eat ice cream? I missed that one LOL
I just left FB ZIOH cause while I agree with their style, I don't like fasting much and I don't want to eat plants etc but they can be super rough. I mean they can chew up a newbie and spit them out like a friggin' predator does. I couldn't take it with the over the line militant tone of it all and just left ZIOH a few good years ago. But I have to say in all honesty they made me a zero carber, I got tons of info from them and they gave me a lot of support and more. So I can't call them too crazy HAHA but too much for me in the end.

Hit a new low on the scale. Holding it now. Hope a little more goes bye bye.

Feeling wonderful as usual on this plan. Luckily none of that crud bug going around and hubby even had got me or the kid this year so we are knocking wood we get thru the season with no big sick.

Just waiting for spring and into summer, being in smaller shorts and bathing suit and just chilling out thru life eating great food! Yea sounds like a plan for me!
  #238   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-20, 08:09

BF:

Well I have been primarily beef for the last five years. Not liking vegetables, I fell into it quite naturally. When I first joined this thread, my normal on plan foods included eating some tomato based products, i.e. ketchup and tomato sauce, but I was eating both quite sparingly. When I was eating chicken, I usually had avocado with it or I'd eat it with mayo in chicken salad. I don't eat tomatoes, avocado, or chicken salad anymore. I sometimes still eat chicken with bacon and cheese, but that's it. Mostly I eat beef. I can't remember the last time I ate a burger, which in the old days I would've put 1/2 teaspoon of ketchup on. And I haven't been avoiding burgers on purpose, I just haven't felt like eating them.

My big discovery is that dairy doesn't seem to bother me when I'm not eating tomatoes, avocados or mayo. I still don't eat a ton of cheese, but when I do, I notice that I don't get the stiff fingers the next morning.

For me, eating this way (pretty much steaks) is all about feeling good - fewer hot flashes, less painful joints, almost no headaches.

As far as support groups go, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think it's helpful for people who live in a world where everybody's watching what they eat to have folks like us out here telling them, "It's alright. You don't have to eat that lettuce." It's very helpful to me to read other people's reactions to different ways of eating and more than anything that's why I post here - I want other people to see somebody out there gets relief from hot flashes by giving up plants. I don't live in a world where people care about what I eat. My husband doesn't care and God knows my kids don't care. I was at a party last weekend where I had nothing but water. We have a fancy thing coming up where I might feel forced to eat a salad. We'll see.

ETA: I just remembered that I do stray from carnivore on weekends, when I typically have some wine.

Last edited by tess9132 : Fri, Feb-21-20 at 08:19.
  #239   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-20, 15:36

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

I don't think Charles is nearly as militant as he was way back. He actually told one member that maybe it wasn't for her and that 'it's not for everybody'.

Kelly is a moderator and pops in with support pretty often. She's doing some youtube videos that are fun.

The other FB page I was trying to think of is Zero Carb: Living the Good Life. Marcy Lilly was a member in the other groups but then started her own. She is the one who likes fasting.
  #240   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-20, 06:16

BF:

Tess, great post. I love see how people walked thru into their eating zero carb. I would allow a little low sugar ketchup on a burger also. Now I don't. I think like you we just drop things from our zero carb menu as we change thru it all.

FORCED to eat a salad…..too darn funny on that line HAHA
Boy no one could get that down me at all. Hey in your purse bring a Tupperware full of meat chunks, get that salad, throw on the meat and look like you are chowing down those veggies LOL

wine, eh, we all gotta let go a bit. but boy, booze is almost a no go for me anymore. tolerance is down to like nil now. I never thought this party gal would be one who can't tolerate and even mostly doesn't want liquor anymore.....who knew LOL

Hey Jem, if CW said it might not be for her and might not for everybody....that is the signal they are sick of talking to that person, let them down easier than they did in the past and hope that person leaves the board. Kinda like a line to shut up people and send them on their way

I always like CW but I sure never hung on every word. I hang on no one's every word like many might do. But I gotta say he got me here and I am doing so darn fine so I have to give him points from me