Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 11:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Talking

Sure, it counts-welcome! I'm a granny, too!!

Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 19:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 174/151/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:35%/31%/20%
Progress: 68%
Default Eastern Shore, too!

Hello, Piddy...where do you live on the Eastern Shore? I am in St. Michaels. Anyone else on this side of the Bay?

I don't mind driving to Annapolis or Baltimore to meet a few other LC'ers for lunch or dinner....my naturally skinny friends and svelte husband just don't get this WOE...I would love to hold an adult conversation with people who are going through the same trials and tribulations as myself.

Look forward to hearing from you......

April
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 07:07

Plan: adkins
Stats: 280/280/170
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool Eastern Shore - not poised for growth!

Let's meet at Caroll's gas station for a plate of fries....
You probably pass me going to Easton... or maybe at Acme looking for pork rinds....
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 10:38

Stats: 335/285/250
BF:
Progress:

I'm in Southern Maryland (La PLata to be exact) and I work in DC. Wouldn't mind meeting up for a lunch or dinner sometime!!
  #65   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 08:50

Stats: 229/201.8/179 Male 5ft 7inch
BF:Trying Again
Progress: 54%

Wow this is an old message bu i figured why start another one. I am in Belcamp MD. Which is in Harford County Just north of White Marsh, JappaTowne, Edgewood, and Abingdon.
  #66   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 05:48
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%

Hi Squintz. I'm in Davidsonville, Maryland. It's near Annapolis.

Any other Marylanders out there in LC land?
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 14:59

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 293/277/180 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress:

greetings!
Is anybody still out there? I see moist of these are pretty old....but still appropriate. I'm a LC-er from Columbia but work in Hyattsville, Rockville and Upper Marlboro (the courthouses). I've been lc-ing for about a month or six weeks now. I'm enjoying it immensely. I realized I CAN COOK! I've dropped 23 lbs so far. I'd love to have an online, and perhaps even realtime buddy....

Give me a holler!

Julie
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Nov-10-04, 08:48

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Talking

Hi, Julie--

I'm definitely still out here. I've been following Atkins for almost 2 years, but having problems with sugar addiction since last Christmas--it was the cookies that kicked it off. I'm climbing back on the wagon, with lots of prayer.

Sounds like you're doing great--congratulations!! I'd be delighted to be your pal, maybe even get together in person sometime. I live in Timonium, work in Pikesville--not too far from Columbia...
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 14:14

BF:
Progress:

Hi Jannie , hi Journal...

Thanks for your encouraging words. That would be great...having a fellow lc-er to encouarge and uplift one another. I peruse your success link and am totally pumped for you...and me!

I think I was a bit obsessive about the scale...checking my weight WAY too often....but you know how God has a way of dealing with us when we take our eyes off of Him....the scale it going whacko. I started at 293. I wasweighing 270 last weekend. This week I have weighed in at 305, 312, 324, 298, 270, 260.5. The scale is jumpin' all over the place. Finally my oh-so-smart son says, "Mom, I think it's broken." Yeah, well, at a minimum. Broken or demon-possessed! I will forego the scale until I get back to the doctors a month or so from now. I keep telling y kids not to worry about the "number' on the scale but rather rely on how they feel and how their clothes fit. Time to dance to the tune I'm playing, huh?

Gotta run....

God bless,

Julie
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 22:46

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 280/276/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 3%

hi, I'm in Baltimore myself but i'm moving back to N. Va...It's cool to see so many people from this area!
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 17:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 204/204/125 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default hi back to

undefinedundefined
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_aveni
HI all! I live in Maryland (Montgomery County) and am interested in a buddy to chat with .

Be in touch!

Chris

i live in maryland also.. have just started the diet yesterday.. would be great to have found a buddy online to chat with.. am going thru a bad time and needless to say my strength is horrible right now.. all i want is comfort food along with fast food.. my dad has been giving only 5 months to live.. anyway.. would love to hear how u have been doing on your diet and have u lost your self control due to stress.. take care.. hope to hear from you soon.. red
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 19:30

BF:
Progress:
Default greetings red

undefinedundefined

Greetings red. Welcome aboard. I haven't been doing the LC wol nearly as long as many of these great encouragers but I do know that if you simply commit to yourself to stay away form the carbs for three or four days (and you're anything like me), the cravings will subside INCREDIBLY! I have found it gets much easier, especially if you get into the cooking. I also belong to a couple htt groups (hold-the-toast) and get some great encouragemnet and recipes from them. I love cooking out of the Dana Carpender books and find a lot of things become family favorites really quickly.

On a more personal note. I also lost my dad through illness, watching him fade away. If you would like to talk, feel free to email me privately. We were told my dad had about three months to live when he was diagnosed with throat cancer. He lived 11 months. He was ready to go the last few months. Very tired. That was 13 years ago. Six months ago, I lost my mom. It's still very difficult to accept. Again, if you'd just like to talk...rotterx3~aol.com.

God bless,

Julie
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 22:15
Just keep trying...

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 316/305/215 Male 6'3"
BF:Way/33%/hi
Progress: 11%

Apparently not alot of us from MD on this thread, but add me to the list. I live in Rockville and work in Kensington.
I have been LC'ing since 12Feb05, so just less than a month. I've made good progress, but still have quite a distance to go.
I moved to this area from OH last year and other than folks I work with, don't have any other acquaintences in the area.
Stop by my Journal and say hello.
Ted
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 20:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 204/204/125 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

hi.. i'm close to baltimore.. i started in feb.. havent been doin to great lately.. am under alot of stress.. my dad has als and my mom is not blind.. so everything has fallen on my shoulders.. anyway i have started again today.. just need to get that water in.. that always seem to help me with my hunger.. anyway, hope to hear from you.. i wish you well with your diet.. i'm sure that you will do great with it.. i can be a good listner and motivater if needed.. hope to hear from you soon.. take care.. red
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-05, 18:47
SenseShine

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpas44
Apparently not alot of us from MD on this thread, but add me to the list. I live in Rockville and work in Kensington.Ted

Hi All!
I agree with you, Ted, that there must not be too many MD LC-ers on this thread. I'm in Southern Maryland -- St. Mary's County. I've been on a low-carb diet (35% carbs / 45% protein / 20% fat) since Feb. 6th and started the Atkins diet only 4 days ago. During my month on the former diet, I lost 5 pounds, and on the Atkins diet, I've lost 2 pounds so far. It comes and goes, so perhaps it's just water weight (sigh).
Anywho . . . count me in on this thread.