Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-12, 14:43

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/122/110 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default I see now how easy it is to gain it back again!

I was always surprised how many people lost so much weight and than gained it back, up until a couple weeks ago I just didn't understand it. I went on vacation and I really did try to stay on woe but I was a little bad. I gained 4 pounds in those 2 weeks, no big deal but now I crave things I shoudn't have all the time. The one thing I crave the most is potato chips which I've never even liked chips before, maybe it's the salt.

I guess now I can be more understanding for those who fall off the wagon.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-06-12, 10:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

It is a long learning process....at least it is for me...
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-06-12, 11:37

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Yeah, I hear ya!! A slow creep of weight gain here. My own fault though. Being hypo and meno doesn't help much.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-06-12, 18:55

Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

I don't miss potato chips, but I bought kale this week to make kale chips, because seemingly they're really good. There's also a recipe for brussell sprout crisps in the DANDR. There's a recipe for kale chips here:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-kale-chips/

but the recipe I'm going to use has more spices etc. in it
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-06-12, 19:09
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

my mantra has been, "Atkins is unforgiving."
you can't cheat on this diet.
it doesn't work.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-12, 05:39
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

but the flip side is- stay OP and you'll be okay. I just got back from 10 days on vacation and am the same weight as when I left. Yes, it takes more effort and planning to stay OP on vacation, but I don't travel for food so I focus on what I am there for!There are times when my inner 2 year old has a fit and I feel deprived ("WHY CAN'T I HAVE THAT NOW!!!!!)- and I try to focus on WHY I eat this way and how much better I will feel staying OP. I also think of all the people on this site (thank you) who share that it was one "cheat" or vacation or day off plan that started the slide down the slippery slope. I DO NOT want to go there.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-12, 08:37

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
but the flip side is- stay OP and you'll be okay. I just got back from 10 days on vacation and am the same weight as when I left. Yes, it takes more effort and planning to stay OP on vacation, but I don't travel for food so I focus on what I am there for!There are times when my inner 2 year old has a fit and I feel deprived ("WHY CAN'T I HAVE THAT NOW!!!!!)- and I try to focus on WHY I eat this way and how much better I will feel staying OP. I also think of all the people on this site (thank you) who share that it was one "cheat" or vacation or day off plan that started the slide down the slippery slope. I DO NOT want to go there.

Yeah I noticed that too.. many of the people who return after having gained back..some..all or all plus...state that the slide started over an "innocent " ok maybe not so innocent cheat...

Thats been my story too..
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 13:05

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%

I'm actually afraid to travel now, not that I have the money to do so. I can eat a few more carbs now (chili w/ beans, for example), but that's because I exercise heavily (a weightlifting + cardio workout takes me 2.25 hours). Outside of visiting Mom, where I can shop and cook, I don't know how to stay on plan away from home.