Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-06-11, 19:47

Plan: Atkins based low-carb
Stats: 263.3/233.6/160 Female 5 feet, 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Shout out to new exercisers

Driving MDD home from her riding lesson I saw a woman jogging. Many things indicated to me that she was new to this activity, and not enjoying it at all. Maybe I read it wrong, but that's not really my point.

So often when I think about going outside and doing something like that I find myself not doing it because of what people who see me will think. In my head they are thinking very unflattering things.

But what I thought was "good for her, she's very brave and strong and I hope she keeps at it".

So this is a shout out to the people who are afraid of what other people must think. Pretend those people are me. Because I am proud and impressed, and completely on your side.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-07-11, 08:38

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

YES! I know alot of runners from elite to barely just started, from 400 pound runners to 98 pound runners and I can tell you the one thing that unites them all is respect for ANYONE who is out there doing it, regardless of ability, whether they can barely go ten feet or can run 10 miles at world record pace. It's really true. And that goes for everyone else, too.

ETA: I started running at the same weight you are now.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-07-11, 10:41

Plan: atkins pre 1998
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 64 inches
BF:need to calculate
Progress: 27%

What a happy and positive thought for today
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-07-11, 11:42

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I just heard from a running friend today who started running not too long ago (just last summer, I think). He started in junky clothes and bad shoes, in the hot desert, sweaty and miserable at nearly 400 pounds. Today he placed as the 2nd male in a 10K race he did this morning - won an award and cash. As John Bingham (the Penguin) has said "The miracle is not that I finished, it's that I had the courage to start." If you allow yourself to have that little bit of courage to fail or look silly, it can lead to amazing things!