Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 12:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/140/140 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Fat Fasting

Hello, everyone (yet again).

Was bad, gained back, then went back on Atkins and didn't lose anything in 2 months.

Fat fasting now (first day, and it's not that bad so far).

Question, though: do you think I can have some sugar-free jell-o? Apparently, it's got zero calories (?) and zero carbs, so, I figure - why not? I can stuff my face with that if I have to...

What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 13:07

Plan: Atkins-maintwhilepregnant
Stats: 201//135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

I don't think it's a good idea. First off, it does have a few calories, like 10/serving? Also, it's made with Aspartame, which is supposed to be bad because it stall some people and causes an insulin response in others (or maybe both at one time). Maybe if you had one serving a day or something, but I'd try the fat fast without it because it would suck to go through that kind of extreme diet and have it not work because you had aspartame!

Good luck with the fat fast, I hope it breaks you into ketosis.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 13:14

Stats: 190/140/140 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yeah, I kinda thought it would be too good to be true.

Ah, well. Back to measuring out and munching on macademias... <sigh>
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 13:27

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

I wish you the best of luck on the fat fast! I would stick to the fat fast foods listed on the atkins website. It is hard, but when I did the fat fast, I figured I am already putting myself through this torture, you might as well do it right and try your hardest not to mess it up. I unfortunately only dropped a lot of water weight and gained it all back the first day off the fat fast. I then tried an egg fast and lost 1 lb which I kept off and I was put back into Ketotsis which was my main goal. I am now doing induction, with the exception of fruit every 4 days or so and I am losing again. I didn't lose the first 3 months on atkins. Sorry I'm rambling, my point is, even if you don't lose during the fat fast, or you lose and gain it back, don't be discouraged, most likely it will help you lose better when you start induction again.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 14:53

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

The fat fast is supposed to be 1000 calories of which 90% are from fat. Jello is mostly protein so that would upset the fat-protein balance in the fat fast.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 15:03

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

If your doing a fast, stick to it! Dont adjust it or you will stall out
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 20:12

Stats: 214/204/140 Female 5'2"
BF:49%/26%/25%
Progress: 14%
Default My 2cents

Hi there,
I am on day 2 of a fat fast.....I have been making a cheesecake concoction with jello lite with aspartame and when i input it into Fit Day it brings what I have been eating down by 1% in my fat content for the day...I think it is worth it!

I have lost 5 lbs so far.....

my recipe......

1 pkg whatever flavour of jello you like
1 cup of boiling water
1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup heavy whipped cream ( already whipped)

I add the water to the jello stir 'til dissolved, add the cream cheese in chunks and blend until smooth then fold in the whipped cream.....

let set for a few hours in fridge......I weigh into 2 oz servings.....YUM....
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 01:15

Plan: sugar bad, gluten worse
Stats: 230/191/160 Female 65 inches
BF:too/too/much
Progress: 56%

good thread in tips and stalls on fat fast. neener has a nice list of foods that meet the criteria. i've used it to up my fat intake.
hopefully just copy and pasting the address will work

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...46&page=2&pp=15

babe
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 07:41

Stats: 214/204/140 Female 5'2"
BF:49%/26%/25%
Progress: 14%

Thanks Babe! I should have posted that list! It was late when I posted last night...that is the list I use as well......

Teaselus, I should also correct my post....I have lost 5 lbs in THREE days NOT two...and I am doing it because I have stalled for 8 weeks...

Good Luck!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 14:05

Plan: atkins nutritional
Stats: 140// Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default what do you normally eat on a fat fast?

I just recently heard of this fat fast in my atkins book and now here online. What is a typical day like as far as meal wise on a fat fast? It sounds interesting. I don't think I would do it, but I know my dad is actually pretty interested.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 00:18

Plan: sugar bad, gluten worse
Stats: 230/191/160 Female 65 inches
BF:too/too/much
Progress: 56%

i did it once for about 4-5 days. i pretty much followed the book, one snack every 3-4 hours. much to my suprise i was not at all hungry. the food gets really boring but i did lose 3 pounds and kept losing after i added more foods back.

babe
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 15:40

Plan: ---
Stats: ---/---/--- Female ---
BF:
Progress:

I just did a 3-day fat fast. Where I live you can't get macadamia nuts (I'm not American), and all the store bought mayo has sugar in it (I've made it from scratch but that's hideous..) so I just had either 2 ounces of brie or 2 eggs fried in what to me is a lot of butter 5 times a day... I did loose like 7,7 pounds, and I wish I could start it again, but the thought of especially those massive pieces of brie make me feel so sick... This morning I thought about continuing, but I thought I'd give myself a bit of a brake, and so today I have eaten approx 1050 kcals from 2 portions of oat porridge with some raspberries and blueberries and a little milk (really nice) and some hard rye bread (very healthy) with tomatoes and cheese in the micro 'til the cheese melted and the tomatoes were hot (suuper nice, kind of a good for you pizza...)
I really hope tomorrow morning this hasn't made me gain everything back again, I've read on here about people gaining from not drinking enough water, from having like one piece of chocolate and so on, but I don't think I'm like that (hope not). I think anything I've gained will just be water anyway, maybe that was all I lost... (noo please let it not be all water)... I think I'm going to have to try to stay on my healthy but not super low carb diet for at least another day, I can't go back to the fat fast just yet anyway, and right now even the oven baked salmon with cheese I've had when I did atkins a while back seems less than tempting (it is really very nice, but anything protein or fat just makes me feel nasty just thinking about it right now...)
By the way, what kicked me off atkins a while back was actually fat... I made a hollandaise sauce from scratch, as the store bought kind has sugar (yeez, they hide sugar in everything) and a hollandaise made from scratch has a looot of butter in it, if you compare it to the amount you get... well I was stupid enough to just go ahead and eat it all anyway, the amount I'd usually feel fine from eating if it's store bought... Result: Hellish heart burn all night (really, the worst ever, like you wouldn't believe), and since I had to go to uni the next morning the hell just continued... I was sick waiting for the train, I was sick in a bag ON the train (thankfully, no one was around) and I had to excuse myself from class and be sick in the bathroom... I just kept throwing up acid fluid... Sorry for the nasty nasty story, just a warning, Do not be this stupid... Anyway, as soon as I'd decided to give myself what I knew I needed (soft for the belly cinnamon rolls, chocolate milk etc. etc.) I was fine, I really had to, cuz I was stuck at uni all day, and I would have passed out...
Ok, I guess what I'm trying to say is don't overdo anything, it has nasty consequences... But the fat fast IS amazing, however I cannot call it pleasant...