Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#361   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 15:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/112/105 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 77%

Does anyone have a recommendation for a LC friendly corned beef with no added ingredients?

I desperately want to add variety to my meals as I'm becoming increasingly bored and drifting towards giving up on LC.
I really fancied some different meats but can't seem to find the ingredients for any cans of it online.

Also, does anyone find that the glucose in Pepperamis stall them or make them gain weight?

Thank you. I don't want to come off this WOL, but I'm starting to lose it. I don't know what I'd do without everyone here.
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 15:47

Plan: Low Carb, Good Carb
Stats: 206/164/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Haven't looked at corned beef, but sainsbury's peppered roast beef in 100g packets is delicious.
  #363   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-05, 03:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/189/168 Male 5ft8inches
BF:
Progress:

If you look at a corned beef can there does appear to be a lot of crap in there, however I suspect a lot of it is to do with the canning/cooking process, in the absence of anything else I tend to go for a decent brand rather than the Lidles 54p p/tin stuff and trust that the makers aren't poisoning me!!. Corned beef Hash is a fairly regular meal for me which is either half tin of C/Beef diced into the fry pan with a little Onion and after being warmed through a couple of eggs roughly mixed in and folded, its a little greasy but I find its okay, the other variation is to also use some Bean Sprouts which is in my view the better combination. Mind you I'm stuck around 13s 3lbs, been this weight now for approx 6 months and would really like to lose another 14lbs, I'm careful what I eat and rigidly stick to the diet which I have now been on for 18 months and have lost 4 plus stones, and I suspect my problem is one of the technical things you speak about (Glucose or Aspartame or some such like) but I cannot be bothered to root through all the ingredients and try and work it out, I hope that in the end my body gives up the struggle and sheds those extra few pounds,
good luck to you all,
Steve.
  #364   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 15:14

Stats: 270/167/140 Female 70 Inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi there,

Has anyone else noticed the decline in avalability of low carb products, checked out the section in Tesco's the other day, they used to have loads of low carb breads' cereals, sauce's etc but most of them seem to have dissappeared!!!
  #365   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 09:29

BF:

the word is that LC is dead, and GI rules.
  #366   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 11:19
Lowcarber for life!

Plan: I wish I knew!
Stats: 248/224/168 Male 66 inches
BF:104%
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by med234
the word is that LC is dead, and GI rules.

I agree, lots of GI products turning up now. Time to go online for low carb food!
  #367   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 14:23

Plan: my own
Stats: 168/168/140 Female 5" 8'
BF:no idea?
Progress: 0%

Hi everyone.
Am an absolute beginner. I have no idea what most of you are taliking about!!!!!!

My problem is I am diary intollerant. How will I survive without cheese to fill me up?

is there a recipie page somewhere here?
  #368   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 15:37

BF:

hi purplecurl.
first thing you have to do is decide which plan to follow.
click on the link called 'plans' in the top line of the screen,
and see what might suit you best.
then buy the book, or print off the rules.
good luck!
  #369   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-06, 17:02

Plan: Home tailored
Stats: 153/149/137 Female 5ft6in
BF:
Progress: 25%

hiya purplecurl,

If you are dairy intolerant, a good plan which cuts dairy products is ray Audette's Neanderthin. Type it into Amazon. I bought the book and am living the WOE and it's fantastic. I'm finding I am not so uptight and guilty about eating, due to the more relaxed attitude- Ray aims fo rhealth over weightloss but the plan works very well for weight loss too.

Best of luck.

Gemma.
  #370   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-06, 04:45

Plan: my own
Stats: 168/168/140 Female 5" 8'
BF:no idea?
Progress: 0%

Thank you so much every one
  #371   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 04:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 252/210/196 Male 72
BF:
Progress:

Its quite sad that Low Carb products are disapeering from the supermarket shelves Because for me its the only diet that I can stick too. But take advantage while you can pop into your local farmfoods as they have 10 Nestle low carb Double chocolatte bars for £1 !!! They also have the Low carb rollos which are 5 for a £1.
Im not a big chocolatte fan but they do the trick ocassionly just try not to eat them all at once ;-)
  #372   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-06, 16:01

Stats: 270/167/140 Female 70 Inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

hello everyone,
anyone spotted any atkins basic 3 for sale anywhere, my stock is running low and cant find it anywhere!!!!
  #373   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-06, 06:38

Plan: Atkins & M/E
Stats: 225/216/140 Female 65
BF:31%/26%/25%
Progress: 11%

Have you tried Boots? I notice they seem to sell the various books and meal supplement drinks.
  #374   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-06, 06:28
roll on the weekend!

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 208/174/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi - Just thought would post re Boots. They seem to be seeling off all low carb stuff. There were boxes of pasta for 38p!!! Lots of supplements reduced too.

Called into Tesco who also seem to be phasing out thier low carb and they had a go something bar which was with the diet stuff. Its 3.9 carbs and is basically a nutty bar. Really nice.

Anyone know anywhere else selling low carb at the mo?
  #375   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-06, 17:28

Plan: Home tailored
Stats: 153/149/137 Female 5ft6in
BF:
Progress: 25%

All I have seen is the low carb nestle double choc bars- yummy, but super naughty! Also recently in Holland and Barrat they were selling carbwise bars 5 for £1 or 25p each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although my boyfriend and I bought outour local store!

Did buy up jams and Options sauces when they were sellign them off for 10p- yes 10p not a typo in the summer and still have l/c BBQ sauce left.

Anybody tried the Body For Life bars which Cindy Crawford is the face of?? R they low carb, I haven't read the labels just seen them on the shelves.