Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 17:07

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%
Talking Cheeters Crackers

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! I would have never guessed!!!! YUM! 'specially the garlic! I eat them with Guacamole, and holy moly! YUMMY! The cinnamon are yummy too! With a little sweetened cream cheese, YUM! I love the onion as well.... make little pizzas, etc. They are so multi purpose and wonderful!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 19:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%
Question

What are they and where can they be found?? or do you make them??? Thanx!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 18:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

... and please do let us know the carb count per cracker per flavour, K?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 10:11

BF:
Default Cheeters

You can get them at Netrition
http://www11.netrition.com/cgi/prices.cgi?manu_id=132
Just link from above. There are 4g of carbs for the entire box. 12 crackers in a box (they are about 4-5" long). Good luck and enjoy!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-08-02, 17:35
Registered Member

Okay, I ran the numbers from the Nutrition Facts label at the Netrition link provided (in case the link changes, something to think about for future readers , the DECLARED numbers are:
140 Cals
10 g fat
07 g protein
06 g Total carbs
05 g fiber
01 g sugar ....

So the numbers LOOK good but because the FDA says the numbers CAN be rouned (and so they OFTEN ARE cuz the label looks SO much better that way), I ran them through our OWN Hidden Carb calculator, right off the orange menu bar above, click on Tools...

And the answer is from between 4 and 5 g NET carb (that's after no-calorie fiber) per serving. I got the higher 5 g number when I plugged in the numbers just as they are on the label (rounded) and the lower number when when I took each one up to AROUND the legal max, e.g., 10.4g of fat and 7.4g of protein to get the best case carb interpretation of the label.

There ya go. Net 1 gram carbo? Probably not. Information is invaluable, eat at your own risk and tolerance level.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 09:15
Registered Member

Plan: Mainly the Metabolic Diet
Stats: 330/219/170
BF:
Progress: 69%

Hiya Judi!!! <waving> :-)

This is the thing about so many lowcarb food manufacturers. Fudging on the label is almost a common practice. (unfortunately) Finally, the Feds are getting more involved and fining people who lie on the label. This is very good for all of us, consumers and manufacturers alike. We, as lowcarb food companies, need to stay on our toes as far as labeling goes. And the more consumers thoroughly check things out the better it is for all lowcarbers.

Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 09:33

BF:

You are right about each individuals tolerance... everyone's is so different. I am one of the fortunate ones, thank goodness! I enjoy being able to have something as a "cheat" every so often and know that I will be okay. My girlfriend however, cannot eat ANY of it without being thrown out of Ketosis... Even at 4-5g per 3 crackers on the Cheeters, they are one of the very best products out there and SO worth it!!!!! I love them with guacamole... YUMMY. I find it difficult to get "enough" carbs in my day, so these really help "fill" me up
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 18:18

Stats: 278/198/150 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 63%

You might want to try Cheeters Cinnamon Bread - it is expensive but really yummy - doesn't taste low carb - the only complaint is they are small slices. I eep it in the feezer and pull out a slice to toast when I want a sweet treat
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 18:26

BF:

The bread is SO yummy! Have you tried their bagels in the cinnamon? YUMMY! Cheeters makes a great product! The bread is great with a little cream cheese frosting... okay, I am getting hungry just thinking about it! LOL!!!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 18:57

Stats: 278/198/150 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 63%

Haven't tried the bagels yet - are they tiny? Flavors other than cinnamon? Have you tried any of their other products? Have you found any sites that sell their products discounted? I tend to buy direct from Cheeters.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 20:00

BF:

They are smaller than regular bagels... but more of a bagel texture, very filling. My local store has Sesame, Rye, Onion, and Cinnamon. I have a D'Lites Emporium nearby, so I buy all my stuff from them. I have not purchased any of them online... I will let you know if I try the others!!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-02, 14:20
Registered Member

Hey you guys, that's great chat amongst yourselves about the flavour and enjoyment, but how about sharing some of the real product information, like the Nutrition Facts labels and carb counts and your tolerance levels, for those bagels and cinnamon bread and so on? Here in this Products forum?

Thanks!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 06:57

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 244/202/160 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 50%

I've enjoyed the Cheeters Crackers too, but found the nutritional info a little hard to swallow ( pun intended LOL)

Despite the package labels proclaiming that they've been tested by an independent lab and are the one cracker with nutritional info that can be trusted........

my suspicion is that they're exploiting the effective carb concept to exaggerate their claim of one carb per serving.

It is not uncommon for fiber amounts to be overstated in order to make this claim.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 22:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%
Default Cheeters brand low carb food

I just bought some cheeters brand cinnamon crackers.. by far the best crunch low carb food i have ever tasted,,, 6g of carbs, 5g fiber, so only 1g effective.. They also sell breads, muffins and bagels on their site,, anyone ever eat any of that other stuff?

joe
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 01:45
Registered Member

Hey, Yossi, I bet if you use the SEARCH feature right here in this very Products forum, looking for any references to 'cheeters', you'd get some of the answers you are looking for... I'm pretty sure they've been around a while.