Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-13, 13:13
Absurdtive

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%
Default Exporting old journals

Hi mods. Myself and some fellow board members are interested in being able to export our old journals (i.e. not the current one) for safekeeping. It seems that you can only do this one page at a time for old journals right now as far as I can tell. Is there some way to do this that I'm missing? Thanks.

--Melissa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-13, 18:25
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by melibsmile
Hi mods. Myself and some fellow board members are interested in being able to export our old journals (i.e. not the current one) for safekeeping. It seems that you can only do this one page at a time for old journals right now as far as I can tell. Is there some way to do this that I'm missing? Thanks.

--Melissa

Hi Melissa, if you click on Thread Tools (at the top right of each thread), and then click on Show Printable Version, that should make it easier for "transportation".
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-13, 09:30
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

The forum default is 30 posts per page in the printable view. The webmaster has developed a special hack which allows members to put up to 3000 posts on a single printable page for their own current journal only. Alas, old journals go back to the forum default of 30 posts per page, once the link has been changed.

Now, I can temporarily reset a member's journal link back to their old thread which would allow them to nab a copy, then quickly change the link back. THis is arranged in advance by PM, to ensure we're both online at the same time .. otherwise the reset link will just keep taking their friends back to the old (closed) thread. In the case of multiple old threads to be copied, we just repeat the process .

The other option for multiple old threads is to PM your request to the webmaster (tamarian), who has special "webmasterly" tools able to extract those long threads and send them to you as a file attachment in an email.

#4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-13, 15:25
Absurdtive

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
The forum default is 30 posts per page in the printable view. The webmaster has developed a special hack which allows members to put up to 3000 posts on a single printable page for their own current journal only. Alas, old journals go back to the forum default of 30 posts per page, once the link has been changed.

Now, I can temporarily reset a member's journal link back to their old thread which would allow them to nab a copy, then quickly change the link back. THis is arranged in advance by PM, to ensure we're both online at the same time .. otherwise the reset link will just keep taking their friends back to the old (closed) thread. In the case of multiple old threads to be copied, we just repeat the process .

The other option for multiple old threads is to PM your request to the webmaster (tamarian), who has special "webmasterly" tools able to extract those long threads and send them to you as a file attachment in an email.

Ahh thanks Doreen. I knew about the printable view but had seen that it was limited to 30 posts per page in old journals. Thanks for describing the other options as these are what I was wondering about. Is it easy for you to do the journal reset stuff or would it be easier for me to contact tamarian?

--Melissa
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-13, 16:37
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

It only takes a few minutes for me to change the link .. and (hopefully!) a few minutes for you to download a copy of your thread. Then we repeat the steps so you can copy the 2nd thread.

We just need to arrange to be online at the same time. Like ... right now, if you're still around . Otherwise, PM me with a time that might be good and we'll go from there (keep in mind we're 3 time zones apart )
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-13, 16:44
Absurdtive

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
It only takes a few minutes for me to change the link .. and (hopefully!) a few minutes for you to download a copy of your thread. Then we repeat the steps so you can copy the 2nd thread.

We just need to arrange to be online at the same time. Like ... right now, if you're still around . Otherwise, PM me with a time that might be good and we'll go from there.

Yes, I am still around

--Melissa