Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-01, 17:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default scary

Tell me about it, last year I got a discount on my "fire" insurance because I turned 45!!! Wonder if they figure by the time you reach 45 if you haven't burned the house down, that you won't!!!

It was in very, very small print and I have no idea why I decided to actually read my policy, as I've had the same company for years..etc.., anyways, I thought "take advantage of being old...and I phoned and they adjusted my bill".
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-01, 19:42

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

LOL! That's cheered me up Sharon. Just as long as I don't get boy scouts offering to help me across the road in my old age...!
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 00:12

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%

LOL!
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-01, 04:30

Plan: Barry Groves - Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/173/142
BF:
Progress:

Hi All,

Andy, sometimes I don't know whether you have a dry sense of humour, are being sarcastic or are being genuine?!...Please let me know.

Bez

#65   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-01, 06:52

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

It's a dry sense of humour, Bez. I get the greatest enjoyment out of subtlety and oblique humour. If no-one else gets the joke, I don't stop to explain it, just press right on with the next thing. If the other party laughs, or responds, it's great. Rachel (rmines) feels that British people generally have a gift for wordplay, amounting to repartee reaching the state of an art-form at times. One of the funniest times I've had on this forum (and one of the most exciting) was in the "Lighter side" forum, on the thread about female oil-wrestling. This was started by Wa'il, and I happened to notice it and make some remark about how he'd managed to spot the original reference. As it was just about the time when these symbols were being attached to our names to indicate how many postings we'd made, I added a comment about Wa'il giving Doreen and Rachel a "load of chops". During the next hour or two, as I worked at the keyboard on e-mails and posts, a succession of further posts followed, so that it was almost like being in a Chat Room. It's difficult to describe now, but there was an electric buzz to it all. You never knew who would post next or what they were going to say, but there had to be some witty response. Great fun, and quite spontaneous.
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-01, 07:04

Plan: Barry Groves - Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/173/142
BF:
Progress:

Hi Andy,

I'm pretty quick at assessing people but you've been a bit of a problem, I did notice that you chose to ignored some things though...and you like a challenge!

It's easier when you see and meet people daily but this way it is much harder to assess.

Bez

#67   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-01, 16:47

BF:
Smile Saturday 10 am OLD Chat Room

As the post is way back I thought I would post another one to remind and also to clarify that the Chat planned at 10am on Saturday will be in the OLD chat room as I am unable to access the new one.

Hope to see some of you there.

Take care.
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 03:03

BF:
Arrow Anyone coming? 10.09am

Ken I can see you are online. Are you coming to CHAT meeting this morning? 10am OLD Chat room as I cannot access the new one yet.

If anoyone else intended to come they still need to log on yet.
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 03:10

Plan: Carbwiser
Stats: 290.8/247/203 Male 6ft
BF:Plenty
Progress: 50%
Default Saturday chat

Hi Fiona

I'm having trouble logging on to the old chat room, I think it may be to do with the firewall installed here at work (I can log into the new chat, but that's no good because you can't) I'll keep trying.

Ken
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-01, 08:09

Plan: Carbwiser
Stats: 290.8/247/203 Male 6ft
BF:Plenty
Progress: 50%
Default Firewall??

Hi Fiona,

Sorry about not being able to get into Chat yesterday. I tried to access the old chatroom when I got home yesterday evening and had no problems at all. So, I suspect that the problem was because of the firewall installed at work as I thought. The funny thing is, I was able to access the new chatroom without any problems (maybe I'll ask Wa'il)
Why are you not able to access the new one

Speak soon

Ken