Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-27-21, 02:34

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Dr Georgia Ede: New resources, research, trainings, and events to share

For those who may be interested, this is the latest newsletter from Dr. Georgia Ede

Quote:
Hello, my food savvy friends!

I have a smorgasbord of news for you to choose from today to help keep us all connected, informed, and inspired: a new resource, a new conference, a new round of clinician trainings, a new study, and a new book.

1. Ketogenic Research Year in Review. The incredible team behind the world-class annual Metabolic Health Summit has produced a fantastic new, FREE resource for any of you who are interested in keeping tabs on ketogenic metabolic therapy research. Since everything they touch shines, this comprehensive summary of the past year's science is beautifully organized and visually appealing. You can download your personal copy here.

2. World Nutrition Summit, March 4 - 6, 2021. I'm proud to be among the presenters at the first annual World Nutrition Summit, a brand new virtual event hosted by The Noakes Foundation and The Nutrition Network, both based in South Africa. In addition to my presentation on metabolic psychiatry, there will be lots of fresh new voices and topics being covered in this exciting meeting, so I hope you'll join us!

3. Ketogenic Diets for Mental Health Clinician Training Program, March series. Thanks to all of you who expressed interest in my Ketogenic Diets for Mental Health Clinician Training program. Last month, four groups of clinicians from 11 different countries participated in the 5-module series; it is a joy and an inspiration to connect with nutrition-oriented professionals from around the world in these live, small-group sessions. I was not able to register everyone who was interested due to space limitations, so I'm offering a new series of trainings which will begin in mid-March. If you are interested, first read this newly updated brochure that describes the program in full detail, including curriculum, scheduling, supplementary materials, and pricing. Then if you have questions or would like to join a March series, please contact me as soon as you can so I can include you in the scheduling process, which will begin early next week. Practitioners of all backgrounds and experience levels are welcome! Together we can change the way the world thinks about and treats psychiatric conditions.

4. New Alzheimer's research. This week, researchers in New Zealand published the first randomized controlled trial of ketogenic diets in mild Alzheimer's disease in the journal Alzheimer's Research and Therapy, making it the most rigorous clinical trial to date. 21 out of 26 subjects completed a 12-week crossover trial of a modified ketogenic diet vs. a low-fat diet. Beta-hydroxybutyrate (blood ketone) levels averaged ~0.95 mM, which is much higher than previous studies have reported. Participants demonstrated significant improvement on tests of daily function and quality of life, but there was no significant improvement on cognitive testing. You can read the full study here.

5. End Your Carb Confusion. I just finished reading End Your Carb Confusion, a superb new guide to therapeutic carbohydrate restriction written by Duke University obesity medicine physician and veteran low-carbohydrate clinician/researcher Dr. Eric Westman and low-carbohydrate expert nutrition therapist Amy Berger. I highly recommended this book, particularly for anyone who is new to low-carb, confused about low-carb, or not getting the health results they were hoping for. This is a welcoming, refreshingly simple, clear, and complete guide to ketogenic diets that everyone can easily understand and follow, and is based on Dr. Westman's 20 years of rock solid clinical experience in the field.

Last week I saw a robin hopping in the snow! So here in the northern hemisphere, spring is truly on the way. I hope you are all finding ways to enjoy yourselves and take care of yourselves this season, and will reconnect again with you in the coming week to share more good news.

Please forward this newsletter to others whom you think would be interested in its content.

—Dr. Georgia Ede
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-27-21, 07:26

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thanks for posting this. I got the same email this morning and plan to pore over the info. She's one of the experts whose message resonates with me. OK, her, Marty Kendall, Ted Naiman, Mike Eades, and Eric Westman (in no particular order).
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-27-21, 10:13

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Hadn't heard from Dr. Ede for quite a while until her email appeared in my inbox yesterday. She is one of the shining lights in nutrition and lifestyle. Glad to hear she's well and continuing to be involved.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-27-21, 15:38

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

She is a favorite of mine! Thanks.