Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 13:08

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default "Die-Off"

I would be interested in the symptoms people are having as the body is killing off this junk. I for one ,am experiencing itching in the anal area,under my arms and in my ears. My eyes are also itchy and watery. My stools are soft and greenish in color. I have been unable to find much info on this part of candida. Thanks Vonnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 09:18

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%
Unhappy re: die off

I have similiar symptoms with the die-off. The itching is really bad. Never noticed anything green in the bowl, tho, what are you taking, supplement wise, for the candida?

I also notice that when I take the anti-fungals (I am currently taking Candistroy) that in the morning, I feel like a have a hangover! I take the stuff at night, so I don't feel like death all day!

Go to google.com and do a search for "candida die off reactions" you get alot of info that way. I had a hard time finding info about die off until I searched in that way.

Good Luck!

-Jess
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 00:35

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

...Greenish could be a sign you're releasing junk from the gallbladder too. If you are eating a lot of greens, such as spinach, it'll cause that too. So will eating a lot of 'blue' foods such as blueberries or prunes.
Die off symptoms are nasty and quite varied. Itching where you described is common. Be *especially* careful right now about not eating any sweets/starches. If it's dying off it'll get desperate and start to make you *really* crave sweets/starches/fermented foods. Yogurt sometimes helps.
Use extra strength zinc oxide powder in the itchy places, but be forewarned zinc oxide used in 'private' areas sometimes causes a strong 'tingling' sensation. I find it especially useful in the armpit area.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 12:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/255/135 Female 5ft9inches
BF:
Progress:

when do the die off symptoms occur? How soon?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 15:58

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 104/114/99 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress: -200%

OK I'm bumping.