Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-07, 14:09

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Today is a day where I'm fighting with myself. I want to nibble on anything and everything in sight. I've already had 3 meals today and it's only 2 in the afternoon! Geez! If I see another piece of celery, I'm going to scream!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-07, 15:23

Plan: low carb, portion control
Stats: 222/155/140 Female 5'6"
BF:100%//33
Progress: 82%
Default Turtle Power

I tell myself when that happens I'm going thru a growth spurt- muscles, that is, not fat.

Good for you- if grazing on celery or a nibble of high quality protein is the worst you do, more power to ya!!

Turtle power, that is!!
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-07, 22:29

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 235/217.5/180 Female 65
BF:I/can't/say
Progress: 32%

Hey, I hope everyone here is having a low carb good day. I have done well with my eating and water drinking thus far. This is a challenge.
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-07, 07:56

BF:

Hey Fellow Pond Pals...I made it through yesterday intact! And so did the rest of my family! It was an interestingly challenging day for me. I just couldn't get thoughts of food out of my head. I think part of it was just that it was the week-end and I have a notoriouslly bad time on the week-ends! So today I'm very happy with myself for making it through. I hope today goes by fast, just for my sanity!

Good for you Exotic! Keep up the great work!

MNLisa- I have so many of those "spurts" that surely by now I should look like a body-builder with all that muscle!
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-07, 08:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

GM Pond Pals...

Lisa - I like the "Turtle Power" idea!!

Char - we all have those days where all we want to do is graze!

WTG on a good day Exotic!

I'm still on the injured list. Today was supposed to be the 10 K race and I am feeling just a titch sorry for myself.

My revised plan is to clean the house (which I would have had to do anyway!) and then go for lunch with my godfather. He's a wonderful man but totally doesn't get LC..... We're going to a Chinese buffet so I know there's something for me (mmmm naked cocktail shrimp....).

HAGD all, Julie
  #96   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-07, 12:13

Default Keep on keeping on

Pretty sure I borrowed the "turtle power" idea from the old Teenage Mutant Ninja cartoon, which I think is making a comeback. Geez, my DS, now 24 loovvvveed those cartoons.

DH is now very steady with a wonderful girl, so he has been hanging around our house more. So I've been baking and cooking more elaborate low carb dishes, which has slowed my own weight loss progress. Made a fab lasagna with Dreamfield's, yesterday, but will be even better today.

Well, all my fellow pond pals, each of us has everything we need in us already; like those ruby slippers that Dorothy had. We just have to rely on our own inner strength, lend a hand to one another, and keep digging down deep to tap the reserves.
  #97   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-07, 14:10

BF:

I remember Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - wouldn't let my DD (now 18) watch it because I found it too violent!

I know there is a magic individual formula out there for each of us turtles - it's like looking for the Holy Grail. LC is the major first step, then each of us has to figure out what LC foods are preventing us from losing. It's a science experiment.... (always hated science!!!!)

I know cheese/most diary is not good for me, but I still love it. Double ditto for white wine. If I gave up those two things I would be two things: at goal and MISERABLE!!!! It's not worth it to me to be miserable so I accept my turtle status.

To make this a WOL instead of diet I have to eat some cheese and enjoy a glass of wine.

As cscarver has said many times, it's hard to do a scientific experiment with only one rat...... which is not to say I'm not gonna try!

All the best, Julie
  #98   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 08:30
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/winging it
Stats: 000/000/000 Female ?
BF:
Progress:

hi everyone i am also a turtle !!!!

ive been low carbing for around 8 months and have lost just 12lbs in that time - however i dont stick to a particular plan i enjoy wine at the weekends and dont count my carbs - so theres not really much hope for me is there ? LOL

i have to make this a lifestyle choice as opposed to a diet for this to work for me personally and if that means it makes it verrryyyyyy slow going i guess thats the trade off

im currently yo-yoing with 3 or 4 lbs and its most frustrating

a typical days menu for me would be
  • buttered eggs for breakfast
    small salad cold meat cheese or boiled eggs for lunch
    salad or steamed veggies with roast chicken or steak or fish for dinner
    strawberries or sf jelly and cream for supper

i eat alot of butter good olive oil mayo etc
have got bored of nuts so dont really eat them right now

i guess if i want to speed it up i need to be more disciplined - but when i was ultra good in the beginning it was no quicker so ill just try and be more accepting of slow is good too !!

hope everyone has good days
  #99   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 08:49

BF:

Gm Pond Pals!

I've made it through a couple of very bad days! Long-winded explanation in my journal for the seriously bored! Anyhoooo...I really wanted to eat badly for those days, and I mean REALLY badly, but I didn't! Monday was the first time in a long time that I actually got to post a loss. I'd really like to knock off about 10-15 pounds before summer! Am I dreaming here? My experiment with calories continues to go well. This is going to be the test week to see how much I actually lose for real. I think most of last week was water, but I'll take it! I have a very challenging week-end coming up. We are going away to the lake for 2 days, which is notoriously bad for me eating wise. Start sending me strength now Pals. I'm going to need it badly by Friday!

Welcome Daisy!
  #100   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 08:50

BF:

oops...double post
  #101   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 09:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charran
Gm Pond Pals!

I've made it through a couple of very bad days! Long-winded explanation in my journal for the seriously bored! Anyhoooo...I really wanted to eat badly for those days, and I mean REALLY badly, but I didn't! Monday was the first time in a long time that I actually got to post a loss. I'd really like to knock off about 10-15 pounds before summer! Am I dreaming here? My experiment with calories continues to go well. This is going to be the test week to see how much I actually lose for real. I think most of last week was water, but I'll take it! I have a very challenging week-end coming up. We are going away to the lake for 2 days, which is notoriously bad for me eating wise. Start sending me strength now Pals. I'm going to need it badly by Friday!

Welcome Daisy!

Gee, there must be something in the air! I've had a couple of less-than-stellar days too!

I went out for lunch yesterday (pepper wings) and ended up at 145 this morning GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Char, what the heck are we gonna do about this? <sending strong positive vibes your way> Let's RALLY!!!! We can do this... it's only water, right?

Glad you joined us Daisy!

Julie

PS my back is feeling better finally so I can finally exercise again after 2 weeks off....
  #102   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 19:12

Default new exercise

Hi Pond Pals:

Just came across this exercise suggested for the out of shape or seniors, to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on to some of my fellow turtles.

The article suggested doing it three days a week. Begin by standing on
a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With
a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your
sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute,
then relax. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for
just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks. Then 50-lb
potato sacks. Eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato
sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.
(I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.
  #103   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 19:17

BF:

You sooooo had me going there! I'm thinking WOW...a 100 pound sack...impressive! Sheesh...good one!
  #104   ^
Old Wed, May-02-07, 07:24

BF:

Lisa - you kill me! I think I could lift a 100# sack today LOL....

On a bright note - 3# of water is gone again, I'm back to 142 again... can I pretty please get a NEW and smaller number?!?!?!!?

Julie
  #105   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 11:19

BF:

Well another week of calorie counting is going well my Pond Pals and I have lost...get ready for it.....TA DA.... a whole, count 'em .2 pounds! Not 2...not even close, but .2 ( you all did notice the . right?) Some weeks are so disheartening!