Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-18, 16:42
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default I am back in hell

I am once again out of thyroid medication. My doctors office ordered a test but didn't get the results from Quest. Would make no effort to try to track it down. Or they just forgot to put it into the request and won't admit it.

I am trying to go to student health. There is a worldwide shortage of T3 again because of the Grossman manufacturing lab shut down. I guess the pharmacy is jacking me around and telling me it's been sent. It's been 2 months, it never takes this long.

My dr referred me to some endo but it's been months and who knows if they even actually sent in the referral.

Between the drs the labs and pharmacy they make having this disease pure hell.

Unfortunately it's finals week. I just noticed 2 days ago that the edges of my eyebrows grown back. Makes me so sad.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-18, 18:52
Registered Member

Less worried, I was able to track my package. It has been in US customs since Nov 27th.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-18, 23:19

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Glad to hear it's on its way! Are you a prof?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-18, 18:56
Registered Member

No, I do community service making materials for science classes and get a couple of units for it and student insurance.

Luckily student services were great and got a whole month of thyroid medication in about an hour.

Redid my thyroid blood testing. The phlebotomist cleaned the area then felt for the vein, had a big conversation and came back and felt for the vein without recleaning. As soon as I left the office I ripped off the bandage and put hand sanitizer on it. If I happened to get a sore throat or an itch on my arm I'd start imagining I had blood poisoning and think I'll die by Christmas.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-18, 10:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/214/153 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 40%

LOL

Glad you will be covered sooon!!

Do tell--- the eyebrow thinning ....????

( Ive been reading stuff on ututbe and going after cortisol levels to try to bring my thyroid up. Figure your stress load must be thru the roof. Read a cortisol reset diet by eating a few carbs at breakfast, a little more at lunch and the most at the dinner. Works to put the cortisol in high, med and low levels by bed time, all by using carbs. That is supposed to be the normal levels; and it will stop fighting with the existing thyroid hormones.)
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-18, 10:42
Registered Member

I don't think I can go on like this anymore. I'm underdosed I'm taking a T4 medication that will make me ill, my insurance didn't even pay for armour thyroid and it was $52 for one month. Before President Obama fixed it I used to pay a penny a pill.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-18, 10:49
Registered Member

Arielle I have lost at least 3/4 of hair on my head, I have no underarm hair and since I was put on synthroid I lost all of my eyebrows from the arch out. I have an autoimmune disease has destroyed 1/3 of my thyroid tissue. I need to take enough medication and the right one. Right now I'm like a person that has been starved to death in a sea of food.

My temperature is 95.9, so cold I couldn't sleep this morning.

Last edited by nawchem : Wed, Dec-12-18 at 10:56.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-18, 12:26

BF:

Thank you for sharing. Im still waiting for that appt in January..... one of the things i have noticed over the years is how thin my eye brows are from t he arch out. ANd the hair on my legs didnt grow back after the last time I shaved, so only the shins are hairy with inch long patchy hair. While my hair on my head is uniform, it makes me wonder if it is thinner than it should be.

I do know that lack of testosterone contributes to very thin hair. Supplemented TT brings back the lush thickness. Just too costly to get that now.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-18, 14:51
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Thank you for sharing. Im still waiting for that appt in January..... one of the things i have noticed over the years is how thin my eye brows are from t he arch out. ANd the hair on my legs didnt grow back after the last time I shaved, so only the shins are hairy with inch long patchy hair. While my hair on my head is uniform, it makes me wonder if it is thinner than it should be.

I do know that lack of testosterone contributes to very thin hair. Supplemented TT brings back the lush thickness. Just too costly to get that now.

thryoid disease makes us fat and ruins our hair

but that apointment is getting close!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-18, 14:53
Registered Member

I'm starting to 'get' informed delivery of the US post office. The package that is expected tomorrow has an international tracking number (9400). All of my roommates originate from other countries, but I have some hope it's mine!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-18, 17:29

BF:

Likely yours as your email would be attached to that pkg, right??
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-18, 17:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
thryoid disease makes us fat and ruins our hair

but that apointment is getting close!

I find it strange that my gut has become a round baskeyball like form. Different than the all over weight.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-20, 21:49

BF:

Where are u ???