Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 17:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/275/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress:
Default 20/F/Married Needing Friends & Support :)

Hi Everyone!

My name is Camilla and I am beginning the Atkins Diet. I weigh 275lbs and have been overweight all of my life. I recently got married to a wonderful guy but still I have a space that needs to be filled.

I am looking for a weightloss buddy/friend. It is hard to communicate with my hubby about the way I feel being overweight since he is the size of my pinky He always says "I love you the way you are.. so don't change" but yet, I don't love myself being like this.

Hopefully I will meet someone or better yet, a group of people that would like to communicate about the ups and downs of weightloss and of course, about life.

Hope to meet you soon,
Cami
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 19:34
<---The Crazy One!

Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hey Cami! I'm a 21/f! I'm not married.b.ut i've been w/ my guy for almost 3years. He's skinny also..lol.. Congrats on getting married. If you need support..i'm here
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 18:18

Plan: low cal,less pro. atkins
Stats: 138/130/118 Female 179 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 40%

hello cami, I am 20. Not married myself, but my career and I...we have a lovely longterm relationship.
It is so great that you have gotten married to a supportive husband, and I also think looking for people to talk to for this LC way of life is such a good thing to do. then you needn't feel uncertain or doubtful in the time it takes to lose weight.
You are doing Atkins too! It's my favorite LC and personally, it is what I consider to be the original Low Carb plan.
There aren't a lot of Downs in this diet, except to the scale. If you follow induction to the letter, then you shouldn't have to deal with hunger or rebounding weight.
I have to keep a good figure because I work in fashion, and yet I trust Atkins plan to do it. If you ever feel like, badly about it, like you picked the wrong eating plan, don't think that way, lol.
It works wonders and besides from that, you really will be happier when you are at a weight that is healthier for you body!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 14:16

Plan: Atkins w/ Veggies
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:BMI: 34.3/29.2/24
Progress: 58%

Hey there! My name is Ashley, I'm 19 (I'll be 20 in a few weeks though! ) and I am also married. My husband isn't skinny - he's that perfect guy size (5'11", 180). My husband is real supportive of me too, and I can't really talk to him about my weight problems because he says he thinks that I'm perfect and that the rest of the world needs to gain weight. Anyhow, yeah! Let's be buddies! I've had weight problems since forever and a day ago, made worse by becoming pregnant with my son who will be one in about 2 weeks. (yay!) Feel free to IM me on AIM anytime - JDMPrincess103 !
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 21:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/185/130 Female 5 feet 5 inces
BF:
Progress:

Hey Cami!
Our stories are so similar! I would love to have a weight loss buddy also! I am 21, recentley married a very thin, high matobilism, never dieted a day in his life husband, and I am desperatly wanting to lose weight also. I'm starting the Atkins diet today and am so pumped. I don't have anyone that I can talk to about dieting, b/c all my friends are thin, and I think my family would think "here we go, yet ANOTHER diet"! I am determined to make this one really work, and I think we could be perfect weight loss buddies! I really need the encouragment, and I'm willing to bet you do too! So, let's do this together!! I look forward to hearing from you, and good luck!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 09:17

Stats: 220/160/160 Female 5'8"
BF:24.3
Progress: 100%

Hey Cammi....

I am 22/f/currently in a almost 4 year relationship. I have lost quite a bit of weight doing Atkins and it has really improved my self image. I actually find myself wondering if I am with my guy for the right reasons now. We have some problems. I was thinking about marrying him, but I told him the other night I wasn't ready to settle down. But that's another story. I am always willing to have someone to talk to about the ups and downs of this WOL. I honestly didn't have that much trouble doing it because my mind was set I was ready for a change. I got disgusted when I went to try on clothes and had to have my by go and get a larger size. Now I look at the clothes I used to wear and put them on once in a while just for kicks and I can't keep them up. I used to be able to wear some of my bf's clothes, but I can't anymore. They are way TOO big. If he could only stick to the plan he has quite a belly he could use to lose, but he didn't have his mind set to it. Now I have better self esteem I find myself doing more for myself, wanting to get out more and mingle in a crowd to meet new people(too bad I don't have anyone my age to do it with), and just have fun. If you ever want to chat feel free to drop me a line angie_99~accesstoledo.com I am always up to making new buddies even if it is online. Good luck...maybe I will hear from you sometime.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 22:34

Stats: 184/184/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:
Wink We can do it because we are awesome!

Heya! I'm Larissa and I'm 21 and married just over 3 months. I'm starting on Atkins starting tomorrow. Both of my parents are on the diet but my husband has a biscuit in each hand as I type this. This will be so hard for me because I live on candy and sweet tea (north carolina is an evil carb loaded state!). Anyway, feel free to drop me a line anytime, I mean it!

#8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 23:01

Stats: 226.6/209/154 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 24%

There are quite a few newbies on this thread. Welcome to low-carbing!! It is a great WOE ('way of eating' to decipher the jargon for you), and if I can offer you any advice it is this - DO NOT EVER EVER EVER think you can cheat 'just this once' cause the carb cycle is that it's NEVER just once

I started lc'ing almost a year ago, dropped 22lb in 5 months and then put a great deal of it (17 lb) back on over the course of the next 5 months, thank goodness I stopped myself when I did or I would be over my starting weight by now. But, 23 days cheat free and I'm losing constantly. I know you're not supposed to weigh every day, and plateauing hasn't really bothered me thus far, I just weigh myself every day cause I like to celebrate success as soon as it appears on the scales.

I would recommend starting a journal on this site, it keeps you accountable to the whole cyber-community!!! Just make a commitment to be honest to yourself and your journal!

If you need any help the community here on this board is a great source of strength, encouragement and information!!! I haven't met anyone negative here yet.

Good luck!!! Oh and by the way Camilla, your husband is right in that you ARE beautiful just the way you are, you are just making the decision to have a healthier body. Aint no such thing as ugly people, only ugly attitudes

Katt