Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 21:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Angry Holiday eating sucks

Not only have I fallen off the wagon but I am standing by as the last embers trail off into the sky.

I blew it and I dont mean I had 1 cookie! I had 1-2 tamales a day for the past 3 days and chocolate covered nuts and pretzels on a daily basis also.

Then to redeem myself I made LC blueberry cheesecake, um hello that's defeating the purpose when you've already eaten like a pig. Duh Shannon!

I am 8 months into this WOL and as soon as the holidays hit I throw it all away. Yes I am bashing myself because I let myself down and I know this is just a set back. BUT to have said No for so long and to have had such incredible willpower and now for it to be tossed out the window just makes me angry.

I had to vent since I cant believe what a dork I really am!

Shannon
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 22:17

Stats: 200/174/135 Female 5ft 3in
BF:(Postpartum)
Progress: 40%
Default Me too!

I've also eaten a bit out of control over the holidays, but they're gone for me until next year! Keep up the work you've been doing for the eight months and don't let a few days sidetrack you. I know what you mean about crappy willpower. I was berating myself even as I was putting the no-no's into my mouth!
Good luck Shannon!

MaryB
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 05:33

Plan: atkins, paleo, vlc
Stats: 186/186/154 Female 60inches
BF:o/m/g
Progress: 0%
Default it's not a total wipeout...

...until you regain all the weight you've lost and no way are you going to do that in a few days. Even if you do regain a few pounds, put it into perspective against how much you've lost and don't flog yourself. Every time I lose a pound these days, I put it back then lose it again a few times until it finally goes and I lose the next one. Then the samething happens all over again. I've had to work quite hard to develop a positive attitue to the fact that I am still losing even if very slowly or else I would go nuts.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 07:54

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

This is a once a year event. OK, so you went to carb heaven/hell for a couple of days. It is past now. That wagon you fell off of will stop to let you back on. You have lost a whole lot of weight, eating out of control for a couple of days will not negate that. Do an induction type diet for a week or so and you will be back on track.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 08:00

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Too cute Shannon.

Don't beat yourself up. I too have been remiss in my sticking to the plan during the holidays. It hasn't been sweets calling my name....no....I could say no to the home made candies my mom made. My down fall was *hangs my head in shame* breaded fried foods.

I am not sure what triggered it....but for some stupid reason I craved breaded fried foods. Didn't matter what it was, as long as it was covered in breading and fried.

I figure after my New Year's black eye pea feast...it's back hard on induction.

So you are not alone! Join me on induction January 2nd and we can beat each other with those pasta noodles!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 09:44

Plan: My own
Stats: 265/265/200 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

Hey Shannon. Me too. Ate everything in sight. And I feel really crappy!!!! I do feel badly about raging out of control, but also know that I can get back on the train and keep on this way of eating. Back to induction on January 1.

Glenda
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 11:04
Registered Member

Stats: 140/119/112
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi All,

I too was B-A-D. I wouldn't go home yesterday until my husband promised he'd thrown out all of those evil Christmas cookies/treats.

It was so sad how I went months being such a purist and then just going out of control. And then feeling so rotten afterwards.

This morning I'm up a total of 6 pounds and not even close to ketosis. Sooo....I'm officially back on Induction as of now and am adding in extra workout sessions in the next couple of days. I worked too hard to lose the weight I did---and I'm willing to fight back hard.

Are you sure that giving yourself until Jan 2 to go back on Induction is safe? That's like giving permission to do more bad things between now and then.

Good luck, all! We *can* make it back. We will make it back.
K.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 11:12

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

It's only like 4 more days...and I don't want to start induction only to go off of it on January 1st black eye pea day. It's a traditional good luck thing around this place.

I have gotten my "fix" of fried foods so I am safe until then, however I am not "offically" starting induction until Jan 2nd. (Even though as of today I am back to 20 carbs)
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 13:01

Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

I, too, ate way too many 'goodies'. I made some cookies for the family (with Spenda instead of sugar -- they don't know that). The cookies didn't get me -- the chocolate did. My husband went out and bought tons of chocolate 'because we were having company for Christmas Eve', and I lost it -- ate way too much. Boy, did I pay for it -- woke up at 1:00 a.m. with the worst case of heartburn I've ever had -- took 2 Pepcid's and waited an hour before I was able to go back to sleep! I gave away all of the 'goodies' now, but even if I hadn't, I don't think I'd be tempted again after the reaction I had to them!

I'm back on track, now, with not too much damage, and a lesson well-learned -- there are good reasons I chose this WOE, not the least of which is how I feel because of it.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 13:33

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Sure is nice to know

Hello to all,
It really is nice to know not everyone on this board has will power made of steel. We all have our breaking points and it is quite obvious Christmas is ours!
I too have had my moments with chocolates and Christmas cookies. Fortunatly I have learned to keep my water intake up; it keeps me from gaining any weight!
In just under 12 weeks I will turn 29 years old. I really wanted to be at goal by then. Who knows what will happen. Fortunatly the New Years Resolution for over 1/2 of the world is to loose weight, so not only will we have the support of each other, but I bet every one of you will have atleast 1 other friend on a diet of some sort. We will make it!!!
Here's to a new year and a new body!
Heather
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 17:05

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Thank Heavens for Induction!!!!

Welcome back on the wagon!!!

No one has really screwed up unless you don't get back on the wagon!!

Ellie
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 17:55

Stats: 277/241.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:???/???/Healthy!
Progress: 26%
Unhappy I fell off too...

Hi all...

Boy! Did I fall off the wagon big time!!!

My family and I headed off for a Christmas vacation at Disneyland last Saturday. I started the weekend off with good intentions, but then I blew it.

I ate all of the things I had given up during the past few weeks. Bread, muffins, french toast, milk, fries, etc. The only thing that I didn't have was Pepsi. I'm actually very proud of that. I haven't had a soda in 4 weeks! And, for a former Pepsi addict, that's pretty cool.

In addition to splurging over Christmas, my time of the month rolled around on Christmas day. So, here I was, feeling guilty and feeling crappy. I pretty much decided to finish up with the holidays and the other, and start Induction on January 2nd. I won't worry about my carbs too much, but will try to watch it until then.

I'm kinda glad that I'm not the only one who screwed up over Christmas. I don't feel quite so bad now.

TTFN!!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 20:51

Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Smile Sharing is what all of this is about!

I am so glad you guys shared!

If anyone asks how I am doing I know that I would probably lie and say I'm fine and ultimately start to believe that I was. I am not ashamed any more to admit that I am a learned lyer, if anyone ever wanted to see me or catch me in a lie it would always be weight related.

With you guys there is always someone here that understands and with understanding from others it helps us get through.

I am back on the wagon as of Jan 2nd but I have already made the conscious effort to not go completely insane while I am eating a little more freely. I did have 1/2 a slice of bread and 1 piece of chocolate candy for today. (bad bad Shannon)

Good luck to all of you

Shannon
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 01:23

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

Yoz Shannon

you are not doing that bad actually...dont blame yourself for allowing a bit of carbs in your 'wagon days'. sometimes having a little carb can lower down the chances of a possible carb binge when u get pretty tired of meat and eggs etc.

For me, sometimes I get off the wagon and ate those no-no foods like there's no tomorrow. I'll usually try to move into another diet, as in controlling my food portions so things wont get out of hand that bad. yap, and I still gained like 2-4 pounds.. but when I am ready, I try to go back into low-carbing in a slower pace. So I can get adapted to my past low-carbing days. Though the results wont be that good as before, at least I know I am eating healthy. I may eat some breaded chicken.. but at least proteins make the larger percentage of what i ate. maybe if I am ready, I will go back into induction. At least when you are low-carbing but not in induction, I feel my thighs are not so flabby. (it could be psychological)....

But we need to personalise our WOE....so even if we cheated for months...we should be able to come up with a personal approach to get back on track when possible. And do you know, I feel that bad health could be creeping up on me whenever I eat more carbs...so guilt empowers me so I will try to go back low-carbing asap!

Now sugar and bad carbs will make me feel scared....~~ haha while I stack more and more chicken and mayo on my plates. But I still have soft spots for choco and potatoes. So perhaps I try to limit intake for these 2 weaknesses...

Trying to lose some weight,
Fumih
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 08:32
Registered Member

Stats: 204/195.5/130
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Good Company

Wow, do I feel better. I'm in such good company! I haven't been journaling the couple of days (week and 1/2) because I jumped off the wagon and have been feeling rotten about it. I was doing so well and then BAM--cookies, pasta, candy, pasta, wine, pasta. The funny thing is no breads! Well it's back to induction today, and to the doctor's tomorrow. I've been good about not weighing myself at home so oh-oh I'll find out just how bad I've been. But the holidays are almost over and I think I'll be ok. Thanks for all the support from this goup! Eleanor

P.S. We got a huge gift basket for Christmas from my sister. She owns a "fancy" gift shop with a gourmet kitchen section. She knows about my low carbing so she left out the chocolates, etc. It was filled with....you guessed it...pastas, sauces, tortilla chips, soup mixes. All sorts of stuff. Beautiful basket. She said she just knew that with my week off I would want to be cooking for my family and thought that it was better than the chocolate truffles! Riiiiiight!!! It's the thought that counts!!!! I guess I've never heard of a gift basket of chicken, steak, ground beef, pork chops. Maybe I'm on to something here!