Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 13:34

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 168/163/128 Female 5'1.5''
BF:44%/44%/22-28%
Progress: 13%
Default Confused about peanut butter

I bought some all natural, no sugar added or anything else, peanut butter. I had some by itself, yum… I had some with chicken and vegetables, yum, yum, yum… And then I started thinking…

The GI for peanuts is about 14 and the GL 1 so it should be OK to eat it.
Peanuts are legumes and legumes makes glycemic meals according to the cooking book. In phase1 we should not put oil in glycemics meals, but there is already oil in peanuts.

If we can eat it, is it OK to eat it on bread once in a while, since on the Montignac’s menus, we are allowed butter on bread once a week?

How wrong was it to have peanut butter with chicken?

Peanut M&Ms have a GI of 33 and a GL of 6. Can I have some? Can I? Can I? Can I?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 14:15
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Gee don't we wish Mr. Montignac himself was here to answer these excellent questions.

I would say if you used the peanut butter on your bread as a once a week treat (per montignace meal sheet) then its ok. The chicken and peanut butter is a bit cloudy for me I wouldn't want to steer you wrong.

The peanut m and m's although low on the g load - doooooo have sugar - I want you to still like me calico so I shall say no more.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 20:44

Plan: New Glucose Revolution (ex Montignacer!)
Stats: 155/125/120
BF:
Progress: 86%

I have this organic peanut butter I've found which is literally just ground up peanuts...

its good on toast, but i also eat it on celery!

i've no idea about in cooking, but peanuts and peanut butter (with no added sugar and the rest of it) are fine on Montiganc - but they do tend to be high in fats. because of this I limit them and stick to other types of nuts to munch on.

sorry i can't be of any more help!