Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, May-15-19, 05:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Day 2 of 90

Goals: Weigh daily. Drink water. Limit dairy, caffeine and artificial sweeteners.
No tracking, but be mindful of portions. Eat and drink enough as well as not too much.

Weight goal: Stay under 205 lb for life. Longer term weight goal: Get down under 200 lb and stay there for life.

Quiet. Everything status quo. Feeling well. Good sleep, mood, energy level.

Goal weight: <205
Weight at start of this challenge: 202.8
Today's weight: 202.6
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, May-15-19, 06:18
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 8 of 90

No snacking days: 4

17 net carbs, 2300 calories and 15K steps (including a 5K jog). My PCP annual checkup is today. I'm up a pound or two from last year. Next year will be different.
  #63   ^
Old Wed, May-15-19, 21:07

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default Day 37 - 90 days ends Jul 7

1. No cheats - on plan food only. To aid with this I am taking a small notepad with me and when I see something I think I will throw in my mouth I am going to write it down instead. UGH!!!! I managed to do ok today. May is full of birthdays at work including mine, and I am staring at birthday cake all evening. On my mental list: b-day cake, cookies, fast food places, donuts. I wasn't going to eat it, but I stared at it everytime I passed the kitchen/breakroom. I have to go thru it to get to the back workroom.
  #64   ^
Old Thu, May-16-19, 00:16
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

May 5 - Aug 3 * Day 11

Healthy Habits: Weigh-in, activity, shoulder physio exercises, supplements, decent sleep, food tracking, water, broth
8/8: 1
7/8: 6 - no activity
6/7: 4

Eating:
Gold days: 2
Green days: 3
Yellow days: 5 - some potato in my curry
Red days: 1

Cab Fare Saved: $10
  #65   ^
Old Thu, May-16-19, 03:32

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Day 31 of 90

Goals:
1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day 30/90
2. Follow my eating plan 31/90
3. Exercise everyday 31/90

Didn't get my water in yesterday. Woke up an hour late, no time for morning workout, worked 12 hour day, got home did my workout (instead of making excuses), but only got in 24 oz water instead of 64.
  #66   ^
Old Thu, May-16-19, 06:24

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Pattern Eating Practice for 12 weeks.

Below is my daily tracking for the current month (link)
and below that the 12 week pattern matrix:

O=Eat
X=No Eat

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/monthly.txt

MTWTFSS
OXOOOXO
XOXOXOO
XXOOXOO
XOXOOXO
XOXOXOO
XOXOXOO
OOO

Hecktik schedule this week, ended up eating OMD in the evenings so far this week. Nice thing about fasting is that you don't have to do it - at least where I live. <3 goes out to those that don't have enough to eat. Over the years I've ate enough for many people I suppose.
  #67   ^
Old Thu, May-16-19, 19:53
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 9 of 90

No snacking days: 4

Didn't track. Ate two good OP means plus a keto strawberry shortcake & SF ice cream. It was my wife's Birthday. Carbs and calories likely on the higher side. I had a disappointing visit with my PCP. The first thing she mentioned was that I was up a few pounds from last year. Then she pushed the statin prescription on me again due to elevated LDL cholesterol. She didn't care to hear anything that I had to say about it. She expressed exasperation that I continue to disregard her advice. I was exasperated as well as I did follow her advice for 6 months after last year's checkup. I chased good cholesterol numbers by eating too many carbs and put on some weight in the process. I had to prove to her with my fitness tracker records that I was still exercising regularly. I'm in the top 1% for my age group in average daily steps for crying out loud. She is definitely of the 'eat less, exercise more' mindset. Sorry Doc - that IS NOT how I lost the weight and you should know that by now! The relationship is becoming strained. I also found out that my A1C had jumped from 5.1 last year to 5.6 this year. Not good. I was eating the VLC/High Protein/No Fiber/Plant free diet plan for the months leading into this A1c. I felt great and lost some weight, but apparently that's not a good plan for me. Something made my blood sugar rise and it had to be too much protein. I need to rethink my diet plan going forward. I'm thinking net carb keto (more fiber), higher fat and limited protein. One good thing that came from my annual checkup was that my doctor gave me the go-ahead for another CAC Heart Calcium scan. I had one done over two years ago and I've been wanting a follow up to see if my WOE has put the breaks on CVD progression. I'll have that done in the coming weeks.

Last edited by khrussva : Thu, May-16-19 at 20:06.
  #68   ^
Old Thu, May-16-19, 20:51

Default Day 38 - 90 days ends Jul 7

1. No cheats - on plan food only. To aid with this I am taking a small notepad with me and when I see something I think I will throw in my mouth I am going to write it down instead. I did ok. More cake in breakroom/kitchen, cookies, and another kind of b-day cake. I didn't eat it. A rare appearance of cinnamon rolls in the kitchen at the earlier library job - that kitchen is empty and the fridge is empty too, so no temptations there ever, but today someone brought this in... I didn't have any.
  #69   ^
Old Fri, May-17-19, 00:10
Forum Moderator

BF:

May 5 - Aug 3 * Day 12

Healthy Habits: Weigh-in, activity, shoulder physio exercises, supplements, decent sleep, food tracking, water, broth
7/8: 7 - no broth

Eating:
Green days: 4
Yellow days: 5

Cab Fare Saved: $20
  #70   ^
Old Fri, May-17-19, 04:07

BF:

Day 32 of 90

Goals:
1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day 31/90
2. Follow my eating plan 32/90
3. Exercise everyday 32/90
  #71   ^
Old Fri, May-17-19, 05:55

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Pattern Eating Practice for 12 weeks.

Below is my daily tracking for the current month (link)
and below that the 12 week pattern matrix:

O=Eat
X=No Eat

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/monthly.txt

MTWTFSS
OXOOOXO
XOXOXOO
XXOOXOO
XOXOOXO
XOXOXOO
XOXOXOO
OOOO

Thanks for the detailed report Ken. I have not had logger head run-ins with physicians yet. Tense? I wish you well in your plan. My current plan has me eating much more protein than when I was losing weight at a good clip - even tho I'm VLC and periodic fasting. No number tho to compare. Thanks again for insight.
  #72   ^
Old Fri, May-17-19, 06:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Day 4 of 90

Goals: Weigh daily. Drink water. Limit dairy, caffeine and artificial sweeteners.
No tracking, but be mindful of portions. Eat and drink enough as well as not too much.

Weight goal: Stay under 205 lb for life. Longer term weight goal: Get down under 200 lb and stay there for life.

I asked my husband to pick up a rotisserie chicken for me, so he brings home a "maple bourbon" one. Sigh. Rinsed the whole thing under water but still, a pound and a half later ...

Goal weight: <205
Weight at start of this challenge: 202.8
Today's weight: 204.2
  #73   ^
Old Fri, May-17-19, 18:30

Default Day 38 - 90 days ends Jul 7

1. No cheats - on plan food only. To aid with this I am taking a small notepad with me and when I see something I think I will throw in my mouth I am going to write it down instead. Did ok. Fast food places calling loudly. Went to see my mom and went shopping; got my new phone up and running. She gave me some chocolate candy to take to work - she thinks her recent bad headaches are from the chocolate. It was not tempting today.
  #74   ^
Old Sat, May-18-19, 02:33
Forum Moderator

BF:

Barb, my DH did that a few weeks back. Szechuan BBQ flavoured, so too sweet and probably not gluten-free. I had a little bit from the middle and fed the rest to him and the cat.

Ken, that's too bad about your doc. Mine's been okay so far in that department, but I'm not good at confrontations and I dread it if my lipids get any "worse" (they're borderline according to the Usual BS Cholesterolophobia.)

--------
May 5 - Aug 3 * Day 13

7/8: 8 - no broth

Eating:
Green days: 5
Yellow days: 5

Cab Fare Saved: $20

I was thinking of buying some collagen protein so I can use that plus gelatin as a broth replacement, and lo and behold, it was in the Bulk Barn flyer. I don't even usually look at the flyer. So now, if I'm not into hot soup or broth, I can mix that into just about any liquid and call it a day. Maybe I'll experiment with paleo Jell-o when the weather gets hot and nasty.
  #75   ^
Old Sat, May-18-19, 05:58

BF:

Day 33 of 90

Goals:
1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day 32/90
2. Follow my eating plan 33/90
3. Exercise everyday 33/90