Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#331   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-19, 15:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo3
Hello All
It’s almost noon here on this rainy Sunday. Most days I don’t even eat until this time Getting hungry 😋

Paulette your menu looks very good and I agree with you on the added fat. Dr Eric Westman says if you have a lot of fat to burn only eat fat sources from your meat. Makes total sense to me to burn your body fat first not ingested Fat. I’m going to make a pizza bake in my cast iron skillet except I make it on the stove top. Cook hamburger add a little Italian seasoning. Slice up some mushrooms add 1/2 cup Walmart brand pizza sauce (lowest I have found in carbs) sometimes olives or diced up pepperoni then top with shredded cheese. Very filling. Of coarse I eat a helping and have lots left over unless my husband decides to help himself
I have NEVER counted macros I count carbs. I tell ya that made me nuts. I’m not into figuring that out I tried once and thought I could never be that intricate. Lol some people love that

Gizmo, your pizza bake sounds delicious. I’ll have to look up the pizza sauce at our Walmart. Thanks. Recipe is easy peasy. Just like I like. I had a BLTA salad today for lunch.
Sponsored Links
  #332   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-19, 18:08

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCer4Life
I was reading your earlier ‘16 posts about CNS. I had to look it up as not familiar with that. After reading I was wondering if you quit that woe.

The CNS did not pan out. It seemed to make a difference at first, but then it stabilized and only made it harder to go back to low carb. I prefer a steady low carb lifestyle.
  #333   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-19, 18:37

BF:

Today I had a spicy chicken "taco salad", although not truly a salad. More like Spicy chicken breast with a bit of sour cream, avocado and salsa, and a tiny sprinkle of shredded lettuce for the heck of it. No tortilla bowl, of course! But it was a great change of pace.

I had some greek yogurt for a snack, and for dinner I had a couple turkey wieners with mustard. I actually felt a little sick afterwards. I am going to have a bit of coffee now, even though it is after 6pm. I am not really affected by caffeine later in the day.

I thought I would attach a before and after photo of myself.

#334   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-19, 06:09

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello 👋 everyone,

Paulette you look fantastic!

Great recipes from the spicy chicken to the pizza bowl!

Low carb yummy 😋!

De, great news on being able to workout again and the pt for shoulder! I hope it gives you relief!
Have a great day and take care of yourselves!
  #335   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-19, 16:14

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Lookin’ good Paulette! Bet you feel better too.

I had double exercise today, first physical therapy, then I went to the gym for a workout. I’m about to have some baked salmon with a salad. On workout days I don’t eat until after the workout, just water in the morning.

Hope everyone has a great day
  #336   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-19, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
The CNS did not pan out. It seemed to make a difference at first, but then it stabilized and only made it harder to go back to low carb. I prefer a steady low carb lifestyle.

That’s why I asked as it didn’t sound like it was very sustainable. Your body wouldn’t know what to do. You are doing great.
  #337   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-19, 22:29

Hi Delaney and all A’72 friends. I just reached my goal yesterday and I’m quite proud. I have stayed on induction as that is the only way I lose. I somedays go up to 22/25 but mostly <20. Back in 2004 when I did ‘72Atkins I lost and knew I could not eat more than 20g. I stick with salads and LC veggies, a few berries and meat. No dairy except occasionally I’ll put whip cream on my berries. I’m talking 3 strawberries, 5 raspberries and 3 or 4 blackberries with probably 1 tablespoon of whip cream. I do not indulge in fake LC food.
I loved reading all the posts from the beginning. I have several Atkins books but don’t know if I have the ‘72 version so guess I’ll have to add that to my collection. I am going to continue trying to lose another 5 pounds. That will be a total of 23 or 24 lbs.
Thank you all for posting your comments. I love Atkins WOE and it is a lifestyle. He got it right.

Last edited by LCer4Life : Mon, Jan-21-19 at 22:35.
  #338   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-19, 09:32

BF:

Congratulations LadyHawk!

Today will be tuna and cottage cheese for me. I also have a piece of leftover meatloaf in the freezer, so I must take that out to thaw for dinner.

We are expecting a snowstorm today - up to 9". I am hoping for a lot of snow because so far we have not had more than a tiny bit, and my poor outdoor plants need the insulation or their roots will freeze and desiccate! I had planted a beautiful Blue Chiffon Rose of Sharon last spring and I want to see it again this year.

You all have a great Tuesday!
  #339   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-19, 01:35

Thank you Paulette
  #340   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-19, 14:59

BF:

Hello everyone we did not get the snow we were promised. Not even half. But at least there are a few more inches over my loving plants.

I had a small spinach salad for lunch and became quite hungry, so I just made myself a nice big hamburger patty. 1000% better than a creepy little salad!

My calories have been quite low the past couple days, and I was hoping to see a loss of something, but I still remain the same. I have a doctor appt on Friday for all the big checkups and tests, and I was hoping I could show my doc the loss of another lb since my last checkup, but I guess that ain't a-gonna happen! My body seems to want to hang out at this weight indefinitely. And that is OK.

I hope you are all having a great day and looking forward to the weekend! Happy Hump Day!
  #341   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-19, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins 72
Stats: 257/213/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
Today I had a spicy chicken "taco salad", although not truly a salad. More like Spicy chicken breast with a bit of sour cream, avocado and salsa, and a tiny sprinkle of shredded lettuce for the heck of it. No tortilla bowl, of course! But it was a great change of pace.

I had some greek yogurt for a snack, and for dinner I had a couple turkey wieners with mustard. I actually felt a little sick afterwards. I am going to have a bit of coffee now, even though it is after 6pm. I am not really affected by caffeine later in the day.

I thought I would attach a before and after photo of myself.

WOWZERS Paulette you look fantastic Skinny Minny ALL you hard work has paid off !!!
Just plugging away her trying to not eat until hungry which can be challenging. That breakfast lunch and dinner we were taught really isnt necessary unless you have a medical condition that is needed.
Im going to cook me a big juicy burger this afternoon. I dont know why but beef seems more filling. I love to open a can a tuna with a little mayo too but beef stays with me longer? I dont know
Congrats LadyHawk on meeting goal Thats awesome. Must feel very good
Have a great day guys ttyl
  #342   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-19, 15:09

[QUOTE=gizmo3
Congrats LadyHawk on meeting goal Thats awesome. Must feel very good
Have a great day guys ttyl [/QUOTE]

Thank you Gizmo! It does feel great. I was a little taken aback when reaching my goal on Sunday - as then Monday thru Wednesday I kept going up in weight. IDK what was going on, but this morning 129 again. Yay! Maybe the body needs to acclimate to the lower weight or maybe the body fat is moving around 🤪. Anyone have ideas? My NSVs are what matters. My jeans that I bought because my others were getting baggy are now getting baggy. It’s great but they are brand new. Dang. I’ll be happy to buy new jeans though. 😂😊
Gizmo, have a great day.
  #343   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-19, 09:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCer4Life
Thank you Gizmo! It does feel great. I was a little taken aback when reaching my goal on Sunday - as then Monday thru Wednesday I kept going up in weight. IDK what was going on, but this morning 129 again. Yay! Maybe the body needs to acclimate to the lower weight or maybe the body fat is moving around 🤪. Anyone have ideas? My NSVs are what matters. My jeans that I bought because my others were getting baggy are now getting baggy. It’s great but they are brand new. Dang. I’ll be happy to buy new jeans though. 😂😊
Gizmo, have a great day.

It is water flux. Happy jeans hunting!

-------

Gizmo, thank you!

Today I am traveling to Green Bay after my Dr. Appt. and I will be spending the weekend with my Aunt. Now that my Mom has passed on, my Auntie is the last lingering trace of the family and she gets lonely. So I spend as much time with her as possible. It will be fun.

She is not a low carb person, so she never has food I can eat. I find it best if we go out for food, then I can order what I want. I am bringing my cheese curds, yogurt, and some salami. Perhaps we can stop at the deli and I can get some salad fixins. That should tide me over for the weekend.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
  #344   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-19, 09:36

BF:

Good news from my Dr. appt yesterday, I am now down to 182 lbs with only 7 lbs to go until I reach my goal. My home scale seems to be 2 lbs off, because it is showing 184. I trust the doctor's scale because it is one of those body composition analyzer thingys.

According to that machine, my BMR requires 1505 calories. As long as I stay under that I should maintain nicely.

Last night my Aunt and I went to a pizza place and I ate some wonderful pizza toppings. I don't get that very often and it was great!

Not sure what we are doing tonight for dinner, but I have my coffee and cheese for lunch.

You all have a great weekend!
  #345   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-19, 11:01

Paulette that is great news. Pizza toppings are good. I am fluctuating (read the hat as going up) 🤪 in weight since I reached my goal. The last two night I’ve eaten higher carbs due to eating out and had a glass of wine and a glass of choc port (sugar) and the next night ate really late but very LC. I’m doing ok, but I’m going to get STRICT w/ myself for the next few days. Paulette , do you keep track of macros? Is that helpful? Have a great weekend w/ your Aunt.