Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 19:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/195/130
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking halfway there, glad to be here

Hi all. I am from Central Florida and am a happy lc follower. Spent my entire life struggling with weight issues and was saved by Dr. Atkins, my hero. My biggest frustration with my new WOL is dealing with naysayers and poo poohers(i made that one up LOL)
These ignorant people can upset me sometimes. Anyhow Hello to you all, I am glad to be here and have enjoyed reading many of your past posts. :p
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 20:32

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:

Greetings and welcome aboard!

You are doing VERY good to date - don't let anyone convince you otherwise. As for the others - they have to find their own path. The ones that are receptive, work with them. The ones that aren't, just nod your head and have pity on them.

Above all, Keep the Faith!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 22:41

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, enemyhal Welcome. You have done VERY well -- 65 pounds! I hope you'll post your story on the Success Stories forum. You're halfway there and must have acquired quite a few lessons learned to be so successful.

I hope you stick around and post lots -- perhaps start a Journal so we'll know where to find you and keep track of how you're doing
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 22:48
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default Welcome!

Well, I haven't come across any naysayers YET, but I'm prepared. I will say, "Well, I've never felt so good in all my life, I'm losing weight, and finally have the energy and enthusiasm to be involved in an intense fitness program. If this is unhealthy, then so be it!!"

Congratulations on your tremendous results to date...and we're glad to have you with us!!

Please visit and post often!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 01:13

BF:
Thumbs up thanks

Just wanted to say "thanks" for the kind words of welcome. I have tried many diets in my life,I am sure we all have, but have never felt as WELL as I do following low carb.I recently joined a womens fitness club of sorts.As I was telling the director of my ongoing weightloss and mentioned Atkins she responded" 9 months and you are still walking around?" I felt like turning around and walking out of her club. But I needed to get an exercise program going because of a long stall, and I really liked her program, so I go in and just grin and bear it!
Anyhow Thanks again, talk to you all soon
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 10:21

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

welcome! glad to see you here!

raz (18 months and still walking around )
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 14:07

Stats: 200/160/150
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Hi

Hi! Welcome to the boards. I was just reading posts and saw yours. I grew up in Ocoee, so hiya neighbor! 65 pounds is awesome! It must feel incredible!

Jess
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 15:46

BF:
Smile thanks

razzle- thanks for the welcome, I am so glad to hear that you are still up and going after 18 months Just feeling so good, healthy and self-confident is enough revenge for me.Have a great day!

crazycurly- Thanks for the welcome also!Ihave alot of family in Pine Hills (crime hills ha ha) area.Are you still in central Florida? 65lbs off feels great, but not nearly as great as the next 65 And as self-indulgent as it may be, I love compliments so again, THANKS!Have a great day.

Your friend, Enemyhal
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 15:54

Stats: 200/160/150
BF:
Progress: 80%

I live in Winter Springs now. I have lived here, Oviedo, Ocoee, and down town Orlando. My sister lives in Clermont. I like where we live, just an hours drive to just about anywhere that is a "big" deal. You know Disney, the beach ect. So mini-vacations are easy.

Talk to you soon,
Jess
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 16:01

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:

The next time someone responds with a comment like, "Wow, I'm surprised you're still walking around." Just respond, matter of factly, "No, I died a couple months ago, but just felt like that was a lousy excuse to stop something that's working so well."
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 16:11

BF:
Talking LOL

WBAHN- this being dead thing is working out so well, think I will stick with it forever! Thanks for the "smile"