Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 17:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205/165
BF:
Progress: 27%
Angry I've fallen and I can't get up

This is my journal entry for today, and I thought I'd post it here, and cover a ton of confessions at once:

If I went to the Confession Booth when I was supposed to over the last while, I would have a permanent seat there.

I can't seem to go more than 2 days without slipping. I made it thru Monday and Tuesday, then today WHAM!!!

I had an interview, which I suppose I was stressed about, then I met a friend for lunch at a Tex-Mex place and I had (DRUM ROLL) a Corona beer & an enchilada plate with all the trimmings.

As a blessing in disguise, when I got home, I
so that meal won't do much damage. I didn't do it on purpose, as bulemia is the last thing I need. I just think is was the stress.

Then comes dinner, and my hubby wants pizza. I say, OK, just order me some chicken wings. Well, two slices of pizza, some wings, a coke and a cookie later, I feel like such a hypocrite for even being here.

Oh well, I suppose if it were easy everyone would be successful, right? I really thought I was committed to starting over this week....I'll go back to LC tomorrow, but with this many transgressions, the guilt is getting unbearable!!!

Anyway, beating myself up won't help much, so I just have to figure out a game plan. I really am finding Induction to be sooooo hard this time. When I cheat, it tastes soooo good, the guilt doesn't hit me til later.

OK, that's it. Just had to come clean.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 08:02
Registered Member

Stats: 201/195/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 12%
Angry I hear you

Lu -

I hear you!!! I recently had a two week vacation and spent alot of time with the family going to many vacation spots. I did pretty good on the food - but the beer!!! that is another story. I didn't gain or loose anything - but I surely will have to start induction over again. (Planning on starting Sept 3rd) This week has been ugly!! Saturday evening I had a Dairy Queen Blizard while wathcing the Packer Game. Sunday we went out on the boat and I had a steak sandwich at a local establishment along with a few Miller Lites. Then we came home and had a bon fire and more miller lites!! Monday I was good, tuesday I was good - then Last night we (kids & I) had pizza - I ate two pieces of pizza at dinner. Then later at night while watching Big Brother I had another two pieces. So look at all that and know that your transgression was minor. I have to behave today and Friday. Saturday we have a picknic that will involve more beer and Wisconsin Brats!! Sunday I have a baby shower luncheon. Then the following weekend we are going to a Green Bay Packer Game and concluding summer with a stay in a resort for Labor Day Wknd. I don't want to start induction again with all that ahead of me - but I will continue to lc and drink tons of water.

ONe saving grace is that I do make it to the gym three days a week consistenly. That is something I won't mess up on and probably helps out some.

Well - thanks for listening - I also had to come clean. But your right - a game plan is mandatory. Take Care - Cats
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 10:22

Stats: 220/205/165
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Thanks

Hey Cat,

I think I'll join you on Sept. 3. I just can't seem to do it right now. I know there's never a good time, though.

Sounds like you're quite the Packers fans!!! NFL and beer....yup, I know....only for me it's hockey (Toronto Maple Leafs) and beer. There's always somebody's house to go to for the games, or people to have over.....it's rarely a salad and mineral water party.
Did I say rarely? I mean never.

Good for you with the gym....I'm going back on the treadmill today. I stopped after a month of daily walks because I was gaining, then went on Atkins, lost 10, now all heck has broken loose.

I know it's not healthy to place blame, but I hearby declare that I put complete responsiblity on Ronald McDonald, Colonel Sanders, the Dave guy from Wendy's and above all, Alexander Keith (Canadian version of Samuel Adams). Whew. Glad it's not my fault. lol...

Thanks for your support, and drop by my journal anytime for a chat!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 08:20

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

September 3rd is a crowded little day. I set it as my 'restart' day too. Have made it through breakfast and am planning lunch and dinner to keep legal. Hope it works - No, it has GOT to work!

BarB