Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-07, 21:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkinsish
Stats: 188/188/145 Female 68.4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Not So New Mom

I did low carb a couple of years ago, lost about 20 pounds and kept it off until I became pregnant, when I decided low carb might be unhealthy and stopped.

My baby is now 9 months old. After Christmas I weighed myself and saw that I had gained 20 pounds since delivery (let alone the actual baby weight)! I immediately went on low carb. I want to loose the weight fast so that I can get pregant agin. I'm not trying until I reach the weight I was at pre pregnancy. I would love to hear from other people who are or were in the same boat.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-07, 23:07
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome to the forums, Shanna! I think you will like it here. Congratulations on your progress!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 01:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/257/165 Female 178cm
BF:38.7/37/23.7
Progress: 12%

Hi Shanna! Welcome to the forums, I hope you find everything your looking for & more!!
I myself have always battled with my weight, since I was approx 12 years old I have been over weight! When I had my 1st son I was enormous, at just 17yo i weighed bout 140kg, absolutely huge! among the years I would loose weight then I would gain, it was such an unsteady rollercoaster, I was a different person every few months. Then in 2004 I found I was pregnant, after being told I couldn't have any more, I was so shocked! However during the pregnancy I gained weight but not at such a shocking rate this time. My full term weight was 124kg. In April 2006 I managed to get down to 109kg but couldn't budge anymore so I gave up. I am not sure as to whether or not I want more children, but I feel I need to loose the weight this time for myself. I am thankful that I found this site as it is so encouraging & inspiring. I am sure you will feel so comfortable here. Any question you have, just post it, it might sound silly to you but to so many others it might make perfect sense!! Congrats on choosing to make your life a better one! You have support from everyone here! If you would like to email me personally you can on crockertribe~bigpond.com.au.... Always looking for new buddies across the globe!
Good Luck & Take Care!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 06:40

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 499.0/166.0/199.0 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Welcome to the forums. Best of luck on your LC journey.