Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-22, 08:36

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Chilly here too! Only get to 55 with full sun, then rain moves in tomorrow and temp hits 75 with wind. Inside days. Maybe I can get in a beach walk before the rain if it warms up!

I was up too late last night binge watching Movies off prime. I watched "Tender Bar"- Which I REALLY liked. I won't spoil it for ya, other than to say the main character wants to be a writer.

Then I watched "We are Ricardos" About Lucille, & Desi- it was sad and depressing and not funny at all.

Anyway, it was a cool way to get lost in a story.

Lori- - I am hopeful you get to your trip with sis and this Covid crap stops. I thought you had to test before getting on ANY plane! I could be wrong. I think they test you at the airport, prior to you boarding. I heard that?!?!?!?!?! Not sure.

I would think about an N95 to get on a plane though- but that is just me.
Cool though the rest of the trip will be outside! Feb. is a perfect time to be south. Everything will be blooming!!!!

Trig- I know those shoes are so important. Truly I am paying 100.00 for orthotic flip flops so I can see where 200 for made shoes would be about right.

I think it is awesome that your hubby has found work he loves and people love him!! RARE- Let him ride that wave! Better to have him out and doing what he loves than whiny on your couch!

Yum- rack of ribs!!!!!! -

NIC- Yeah I caught the "getting back to normal"= empty house!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
You have transitioned to empty nesting in an amazing way. I knew you would adjust, but DAM did you ever!!!!
I would be indoors too if there was ice and even a trace of snow! NO thank you!!!!!

How long are you staying? You have both pups with you right?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I applied to several more jobs yesterday. So now I wait.

I am going to write today and kick out another chapter. Need and want to get this project completed! YEAH Nic- might take you up on that Editor need. I do know that Amazon published has a Editor piece built into the software.

However, I want some real eyes on it for feed back before I hit publish button.

Today is a putter, write, walk, breathe day! You know what I mean!

Food: Meatballs in LC Rao sauce (just a little sauce for flavor). It should be enough. I will say it has been weeks since I have had dairy and feel SO SO much better. The craving for dairy is gone too.

Feeling good- and relaxed and right where I should be.
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-22, 18:42

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Jaz- all sounds well in your world and inside days can be nice. Too bad about "We are the Ricardos"- how can something to do with Lucy not be funny?!

Lori- add me with you on being over the cold weather. That being said, we did have a pretty sustained fall and early winter of warmer temps though so I guess this is the payback period.

I think you should go on your trip. Be reasonably cautious and otherwise just go. You were boosted, right?

Trig- It's funny how your Dh left one full time job to essentially move into another full time job. The other was really physical though, right? I think that was a concern for you. As I remembering right?

I am really pleased with how you are moving in a gentle but realistic way regarding your Mom. You have been really incredible through this process and I am so proud of you.

••••••••••

Note: my family has become obsessed with something called Wordle- check it out. We play it daily and share our results. Fun.

So, add me to the list of Moms Crashing Hard. I am going to leave here unexpectedly early tomorrow, and then drive to ATL starting on Wednesday. Things are just a total sh!tshow over there and to say that I am not happy about all of it would be an understatement. My goal at the very very least is to get my Mom into the primary care dr appointment on Friday, so that she can get referred to an orthopedist. Hopefully I can get that fast tracked and get her into an ortho as quickly as possible too. I'd also like to meet with a therapist or two, get things cleaned up and in order etc etc. And no, not really in order but at least slightly passable. Sigh.

Won't go into it more on here but perhaps on email.

So yeah, tmrw I'll be getting the DE house cleaned up, vacuumed etc and then head back home in the late afternoon or so, or possibly Monday morning. Depends on what I get done and how quickly.

Hugs!
  #213   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-22, 05:31

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz, hope one of those jobs you are checking out hit home for ya!

Waiting on a Lori update

Nicco....Mom crashing hard. UGH I sure feel for you. So sorry your mom is going thru a sh**show and now you are going to have to go in and fix things up. I know....when that age hits and all seems to just go downhill it can be truly a tough walk. But you of course will be ok thru it all and get things handled

-----------nothing doing here. got some rain coming with possible icy mix or something stupid like that we shall see

quiet day of few chores etc. Keeping today simple and easy.

chicken and burgers for food.

over and out
  #214   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-22, 06:18

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Hibernation mode here. Just got a notification on my Amazon Echo that we are in an "Ice Storm alert" until 2PM. Oh joy! DH will be going out in a couple hours, but I'm staying put! I just worry that he'll fall and crack his head or something....nightmare. He just looked out and said it looks like a sheet of ice.

Nic......So sorry you have to make a trip to Atlanta to deal with problems. I'm sure it's hard when you're so far away. Good luck with getting everything handled. Things always seem to work out, but it is all so stressful.

We are planning on going on our trip to FL. We are both double vaxed and boosted, and will take all precautions, but we just need to go. Once we are at the resort, we really won't be in close proximity to a lot of people. DSis got us good masks to wear on the plane and whenever we are around others. I just hope the weather cooperates for our flight and hoping for nothing but sunshine in FL! Could we be that lucky?

Trig.....How is Mom getting along? Is she onboard with the assisted living place? Have you had her there yet?

Jaz.....Any bites on the job search? Is today a beach day, or has your weather taken a turn for the worse?

--------

I may be taking a day off working out today. It's just too freakin' cold to change clothes now that I'm in my snuggly "uniform". That's some excuse, isn't it? I may change my mind, but yesterday's workout was pretty rough on my shoulders, so maybe a day of rest isn't a bad idea.

Scale dropped to a new low....155.2. Wonder if I'll ever see a 154 #? I wouldn't mind a few more pounds off before Connie & I head to FL. I know I'll pile some back on in that 4-5 days. Then we'll get back to DSis's and I'll stay there 1 more day for my birthday. That means more food & drinks! I'll be 62.....WTH? I'm in total denial.

Stay well everyone. Hugs to you all!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Jan-09-22 at 06:24.
  #215   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-22, 14:43

BF:

Good Afternoon!

Yup took some AWESOME AWESOME time and hit up the beach today! It is SO warm here the jellyfish are almost a month early in arrival!

NIC- OMG on the mom drama! Isn't she married? Does she have a useless husband like my mom? My words to describe him would get me toss off here!
Sorry you have to deal with all that!!!! Is your Bro helping? I would be putting plan B together STAT! Do you have a working case manager to assist you in all of this things? Sounds like you are coordinating what a CM should be doing? Does her primary have a case manager? If not you can always hire one personally for her. Just a thought......

safe travels!!!!! Are you going by yourself? Driving you said?

Lori- ICE STORM= urghhhhhh stay put!
Girl you are in a GRAND place weight wise! Give yourself some slack! You have a healthy place with food. Be ok with it! If you put on a few while on Vacay- OK- you take it right back off! You are not an off the rails person.

How is Betty doing? Sounds like you got the the first part of plan under control now and it's moving forward. Did you say you also had an assisted living picked out for down the line?

Whats on the menu for tonight?

Trig- - did you ever get your ribs? I see you have had the "cold" front push through! Urghhhhhh ready for spring I am sure!

How is kiddo doing in school? Seems all is well as it seems quiet on that front!
--------------------------------------------------------
Been out and about since early. Hit up the beach. Sky was just blue, but the ocean seemed stirred up. It was laying out foam, which only happened with it being "stirred up". The jelly fish also everywhere. They can still still even if dead- I kept Ruger on a leash.

Then hit up the grocery, gas, and just finished my OMAD.

I am going to circle around on some of those applications and do some writing tomorrow. I am also super excited about the direction this writing is taking.

Bottom Line: we have the choice to make good decisions or not. It's in the head first, plate second. Also you can't out run your fork. No amount of gym or working out is going to crush a bad diet.

I just need to win the lottery so I work on my dreams!!!!!!! I was going to say marry rich- but I am pretty untamable at this point in my life!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH-

Have a great evening- kicking back and tomorrow is another day- island time!
  #216   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-22, 06:42

BF:

Good Morning from the frozen North!

Actually, it's not that bad this morning......will be worse the next couple mornings. I'm SO over it!

I'll be staying in again today and probably for the next few days. Nothing I need and nowhere I have to go. I'll do a workout today, get a hot shower and then dive right back under my warm blanket.

----------

Nic......I guess you're back in MD, or heading there, before you get ready to drive to Atlanta. Will be thinking about you. Vent here or thru email when you need to. Drive carefully!

Jaz......Your weather sounds so good. Lucky you! Hope you enjoyed your Sunday.

You asked about Betty.....she's hanging in there. As far as assisted living....no...we will keep her at home as long as we're able and will only move her if she needs a nursing home to receive more care. We hope to be able to keep her at home, possibly with help coming in, for the rest of her life. It's working out so far, thanks to DH.

Trig......What's up?

---------

I talked to DSis yesterday and she's so excited for our FL trip. Her daughter is giving her some sh!t about it, but she is brushing it off. Her daughter is just saying stuff like...."You'll have to wear a mask here at our house when you get back and we'll have to wear them too". DSis told her that when they come home every day to call her from the driveway and she'll run out the back. Her daughter said "Oh, don't be that way!". I told DSis that she should tell her DD that she will quarantine for 10 days when we get home. That would throw a crimp into her DD's life! Oh my....who would come and sit with the dogs every damn day?? The thing is.....if her DD wants to go somewhere or do something it's fine.......but DSis is supposed to just stay home and be at her beck and call. ARGHHH.....ok, rant over.

Well, I'm going to go get some breakfast. We slept in till after 6 this morning! I hope I don't eat the house down today.....when it's cold, my appetite is ferocious. Scale was at 154.4 this morning....woohoo! That surely won't stick!

Be well everyone!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Jan-10-22 at 06:54.
  #217   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-22, 08:04

BF:

Lori good thing is you Sis has her life in order, she does what she wants when she wants....while the DD does control alot of her time with the dog issue, your Sis has time to do it.....TIL SHE wants to do her own thing and then she does just that So it works good for her tho I think. But nice she makes her decisions when she should for herself and doesn't blink on doing just that and not giving her DD another thought on it

---------------fast one guys
just got chores to handle
day is sunny but colder so that icy ? didn't come so that is good

got steak and mini meatloaf for today

mom is wanting some kinda fried chicken, guess hit KFC or something for her? kid will eat that crap when she gets home from school so good buy to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, get mom and kid fast food and call it an easy day...who knows HA

off to get some stuff handled. I feel SO slow having mom here I am just not moving at my full speed ya know. but all is going fine so far. Have to call retirement home and check in with when I can move in some furniture for her etc. They got covid protocols in order and we have to work around those of course.

over and out, have a fine day all
  #218   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-22, 09:05

BF:

Good Morning!

Had a storm blow in and out last night. I heard it on the tin roof! Ping ping ping. Anyway- in 60 now and dropping all day. I am in too! Nowhere to go, and nowhere I HAVE to be!

Lori- OMG if I was your SIS I would put an end to the dog drama. I would also say if they want a dog sitter they can DROP OFF pup at your sis house. I would not put up with that crap for a second. Also I would SO- Tell them I was NOT feeling good the minute I returned from Florida. Just to let them know that the beck and call gig is over!
ADD that to the fact that your sis is in their home- leaving hers to sis? Oh heck no! Oh well..... ya I hate to see people taken advantaged of. But your sis has to say it, and stick to it. Threats from her DD is not healthy.
I know it has to be hard for you to watch. However, best not rock that boat unless she asks for your help! Sighhhhhhhhhh I get ya !!!!!!! Been there done that- it never works out unless the person involved is willing to stand up.

Cool on your plan for Betty. She is one lucky lady!!!!!!

Trig- - be safe out there if roads slick! Is it hilly in your area? I know certain parts of NC are hilly and do get ice.

Ya- working with seniors put ya at a slower pace for sure! This too shall pass. You are a doll for giving your mom some extra time!

Sounds like you got the meals down pat!!!!!! -

NIC- Are you prepping for your stay in Atl. Did you say you were driving down???? I am hoping you can find somebody to help you pick up those loose ends for your mom so you don't need to keep coming back.
I am sure your frustration level is off the hook!!!! Anyone local you can hire to assist? Keep us posted. You are leaving Wed. and returning?????? How long are you staying?
Vent here / email- we are here for ya!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------

I too will be in Atlanta this weekend. I am leaving Saturday. First I have a doctors appt. on Monday morning, a dinner date with a friend (lady) for my birthday, and will head back here early Tue. These 6 hour drives are just TOO much and TOO often!

Anyway- I should be set until March. Yes, I will see my mom as well for my birthday- she is making me a dinner.

Laundry day today, stripped the bedding and doing sheets and towels and then a pile of clothes. I have my Downey ready to go!!!

Following up on applications and writing today. I also found my workout bands and am going to do some stretching and get my walks in with pooch. He NEEDS a few walks daily as a pup or he is off the wall hyper!

I would LOVE to weigh in with my doctor a week from today BELOW that line!!!!! I am doing a recheck for lipids, and A1C- .....
I have noticed that even a touch of veggies is making my blood sugars a bit higher, even though I am 25 pounds down solid.
I might need a tweak!!!

I have been late night snacking. This is a recent thing- but it is showing up on the glucometer!!!! Numbers don't lie! So ya, tweaking.

Picked up a trash novel too......... All good. Showered and back into fuzzies, cup of coffee in hand.

Have a good one!
  #219   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-22, 16:27

BF:

Hey chicks-

Lori- I'm truly glad that you and your Sis are getting to go on your trip. We can enjoy the nice weather you will hopefully have vicariously through you. Speaking of your sis, proud of how she is protecting her own time a bit more. That is the way to do it! Good for her. She can be helpful but deserves her own life and time too.

Congrats on hitting 154! You are really killing it. So good!

Jaz- I'm glad that you got a beach day in. We still have snow on the ground (almost gone) so I can't imagine a warm beach day but it will be here soon enough.

Sounds like you have a hit a place where you can deal with your Mom pretty well and see her from time to time. I'm glad about that.

Trig- Glad you all avoided the ice. Ice is totally incapacitating to an area. You just can't drive in the stuff.

••••••••••

So I moved my dates again and will be leaving tmrw morning. I will either drive straight through or stop along the way. We'll see how I'm feeling as I go. I'm just throwing some random comfortable clothes in the car, toiletries and such along with my coffee maker and taking off.

I'll be there until NEXT Thursday or so. We'll see about the return date. It's a little open ended at the moment while I try to get the lay of the land and figure out what's what and how they are both faring, help get services lined up and so forth.

My Mom does not have a PCP there, so that is part of the issue. Her DH is in and out of the hospital, she can't help care for him bc right now she apparently isn't even caring for herself, so they are both just disasters at the moment. I've arranged for him to be discharged elsewhere for a couple of days so he can get what he needs while I get down there, and then we'll see about getting them set up and on a path of some kind. I also need his sons' numbers so we can all be having a conversation bc they are both showing signs of confusion etc, and apparently more so for him. My brother is coming down Saturday so that's great that he can help and I won't be going it alone.

I'll be in and out for a while, I'll try to stop in but don't know if I'll get any general comments in or not. Just depends on my mental bandwidth. I'm honestly feeling pretty taxed (I typed tazed and honestly, that's about true!) right now.
  #220   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-22, 07:31

BF:

Nicco, go for it and get this all evaluated and then you can move forward on all the help or change they need. That crazy sounds like it does absolutely need intervention for sure. Hope all goes well and keep us updated!! Sending best vibes for all you are dealing with.

----------simple day here
sunny but Brrrrrr
got laundry going
some chores
run to grocery for few items fast in a bit

other than that just chillin' thru the day mostly

winter blah, summer fun, can't wait for early early early spring HA

check in later, gotta get some crap done
  #221   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-22, 07:43

BF:

Good Morning!

Nic......I'll be thinking of you as you make your way to Atlanta and get things all set up. I'm so glad your brother is coming to help....it sounds like you'll need it. ((Hugs))

Jaz.....You will be on the road too! I hope it's an easy trip. No more speeding tickets!

Evening snacking can be the death of weight loss. As soon as we've finished dinner and I've cleaned up the kitchen, I go upstairs and brush and floss, wash my face and basically get ready for bed. Then I come back downstairs for a few hours. Once I've flossed and brushed, I won't eat or drink anything else. It works for me.

Trig.....We had 14 degrees this morning! I may die. I won't be going outside again today. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday when it gets up into the 30's.

----------

We turn our heat back as far as it goes(40's) at night and it got so cold in the house early this morning that I heard the furnace kick on. It was 50* in our bedroom this morning when I got up. Thank goodness for polar fleece sheets, a fuzzy blanket & a puffy comforter. Nice and warm under the covers. I hate crawling out in the morning!

Just a few more weeks until Spring.....right? Hello? At least the is shining today.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, Jan-11-22 at 07:49.
  #222   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-22, 07:49

BF:

Lori- I should try that again. I did it for a while and it worked well. I am on and off on that kind of thing. Stay warm.

Trig- I know you are hating the cold.

Hey Jaz!

I almost posted at 3:30 this morning, figured I could beat Lori for once. lol
I was communicating last night at dinner with a therapist and she said the appt for my mom was on the 12th. I had been told by someone else it was on the 14th. I HAVE to be there and get her to that dr appt bc it will get everything else rolling. So, I ate dinner, packed up and hit the road a little after 8 PM. Got to a hotel at 3:30. I've been up since 7 and will hit the road shortly to finish my way over.

My mom doesn't know I left early so I might surprise her, but it depends on when she gets up.
  #223   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-22, 11:32

BF:

Goodness, I am the LATE poster this morning!!!!

It has taken me forever to get this written and push submit! I keep getting interrupted, dog, calls, more stuff.
So I am back!!!

Nic- Hugssssssss and more hugs- see private email. We are here for ya!!!!!!
Keep us posted.

Trig-
I bet you are getting your stuff done for your mom too! You got this!!!!!!!

Cold here too - waiting and ready for Spring!

Lori- - cold here too!!!!! In for the day. You are SO SO SO right that late night snacking is a diet killer. Might be why my weightless has stopped and I am bouncing. Even though it is "acceptable" LC foods- still!!!!!!! Good words! -
----------------------------------------------------------------

STILL trying to get this posted! I am going to post!

Nothing biggie happening here. Cold, sunny, and indoor day. I got into some tube videos yesterday! Just got lost in documentaries yesterday.

So today I NEED to stick nose to job grind!!!!!!-

All good- menu- good- where I want to be.

Back later
  #224   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-22, 17:05

BF:

Hey- back.

Walked the dogger, worked out with bands and got in 3 walks 10-15 minutes each. Frekin COLD and blowing here.

I saw that Atlanta is supposed to get snow and ICE on Sunday so I am going to call my doctor to see if they may or may not close. If it is a ice storm I am pretty sure they will close. I will assess that possibility before I go. I would hate to make that 6 hour trip and stay the weekend only to have to turn around and go back! NOT!
So it is by ear right now and I will decide come Friday.

NIC- you there yet? You safe?

I applied for 7 positions today, but did not get to my writing. I may just take all day tomorrow and write!

Have a lite wine and propping up my feet. I did not sleep well again last night. Ruger and myself kept hearing an animal outside about 3 am- and it was sleepless.

OMG- the governor stated to NOT go to the ER in any place in GA due to they might not get to you unless you are on deaths door!!!!
Then you can go!

Propping up feet- hope you all good!
  #225   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-22, 04:42

BF:

Good Morning!

18* this morning. Brrrr......Another day where I'm going to hibernate in the house. Yesterday DH said that he likes this weather......I think there is something seriously wrong with him! He enjoys bundling up and being out. Sicko. I told him that I can't wait until it's too hot to sleep at night! He just laughed.

--------

Nic.....hope you made it to Atlanta without incident. Good luck getting everything handled with your Mom & StepDad. Did you get in touch with his kids? Hope they step up and help out.

Trig & Jaz.....

--------

This cold weather is making me want to eat. I need to fill up on lean protein & eggs today to try to kill this hunger beast.