Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-19, 17:42

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%
Default Grain Brain

Excerpt from Grain Brain:

Quote:
By David Perlmutter, MD

Neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s are expected to become a “global epidemic” by 2050, with the number of patients predicted to reach 135 million worldwide, according to the World Health Organization.

Dr. David Perlmutter, board-certified neurologist and a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition, believes he has found the answer to this burgeoning epidemic. According to Perlmutter, the culprit isn’t found in your genes; it’s on your plate.

In his book, Grain Brain, Perlmutter details how wheat, carbs, and sugar are toxic substances that are poisoning our brains. When it was first released in 2013, it became a New York Times best seller, with more than 1.5 million copies sold, and it established Perlmutter as the leading authority on the dangers of eating wheat, carbs, and sugar.

... ... ...

Fat is and always has been a fundamental pillar of our nutrition. Beyond the fact that the human brain consists of more than 70% fat, fat plays a pivotal role in regulating the immune system. Simply stated, good fats like omega‑3s and monounsaturated fats reduce inflammation, while modified hydrogenated fats, so common in commercially prepared foods, dramatically increase inflammation.

A link to the complete interview at Life Extension Foundation is here:
https://www.lifeextension.com/magaz...terview/page-01

I'm doing fine on high fat, moderate protein, and low carb. I don't know if it's the diet for anyone else. After all, if one diet was best for everybody, there would only need to be one diet book. But it's working for me. My blood numbers are good and my circulatory system is that of someone 20 years my junior.

Bob
Sponsored Links