Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-05, 08:36
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I just made a Bowl Pancake.

1/3 cup Carbquik
1 T Flaxmeal
1 egg
A few drops maple extract and vanilla extract.
SF Maple syrup
A pat of butter
Some water

I took this to work to mix, so I had to use a separate container to carry the egg. I had put the extracts into the container with the egg and shook it like mad to mix it well and breakup the yolk. Then I mixed the egg, with a little extra water, into the carbquik/flax mixture until it was pretty wet.

Then I nuked it for 2 minutes and also nuked the syrup and butter for 20 seconds to warm it. I poured the syrup and butter over the top of my bowl muffin.

Yum!
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 10:51
Experimenter

BF:

I think I'm onto something new: Bowl Biscuit

I tried last night and made a major boo-boo. But I'm going to try again tonight. I'll let you know if I succeed. BTW: My failure was tasty!
  #198   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 11:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/190/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Wow...hadnt even thought of using maple flavors....thanks again!!! ROFL ...cant believe how much I like knowing about this recipe. I cant get the 0 carb baking mix around here anymore though and just ordered a bunch at netrition cause now I'll be using it. (I've had the box I have now for almost 8 months.)
  #199   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 08:42
Experimenter

BF:

Ok! Perfected the Bowl Biscuit last night. Wow! It was just as good as the REAL biscuit I had had a few weeks back.

1/3 cup Carbquik (or other bakemix)
about 1-2 tsp butter
Pinch of salt
1/2 an egg
a bit of buttermilk

Mix the salt and flour.

I cut the butter into small chunks and used my hands to grind the butter and flour together. The goal is to get a little butter coating all the flour.

Put the egg into a small container and shake it so that it is well beaten. Pour half the egg into the flour/butter mixture.

Now add enough buttermilk so that you get something that is a little thicker than a normal bowl muffin. If you get too much liquid, add some more flour. You don't want it to be biscuit thick, like you were forming it into a biscuit and dropping it on a pan, but you also don't want it to be so thin it is too moist.

Microwave for 2 minutes.

Then... take it out of the microwave, pull it out of the bowl, and toast it for a bit in the toaster oven to give it a nice brown crust on the outside. If you've got a toaster you can just split it in half and toast it that way.

Split in half and enjoy!

Last edited by Nancy LC : Fri, Sep-09-05 at 08:57.
  #200   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 13:58
Pitclerk

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Oh Nancy.... thank you SO much for posting the biscuit muffin.... I will try that by tomorrow for sure.... I have been helped tremendously by reading your various posts.... EVERYTHING I have tried has been delicious!!!.... Thanks again dear....
  #201   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 15:40
Experimenter

BF:

Glad you are enjoying it! I'm using the other half of the egg in a Bowl Biscuit tonight! And have it with a nice big bowl of spicy low carb chili.
  #202   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 18:27
Experimenter

BF:

Another report from the Kitchen Front.

I just made Lemon Curd. Both low carb and low fat and low calorie. Its still cooling so I don't really know if it came out well. But the plan is to smear it on bowl muffins, and low carb yogurt. I'll post the recipe when I've confirmed it is a good recipe.

Ok, confirming it tastes GREAT! I just had it on top of a bowl muffin and my mouth is happy. Lemon Curd

If you add the butter, I didn't, it'd probably be even better. Frankly I don't miss it without the butter and I'm watching my calories so I'm happy.

Last edited by Nancy LC : Fri, Sep-09-05 at 20:00.
  #203   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-05, 20:37
Experimenter

BF:

Just wanted to provide this link. Looks like they have almond flour and I have bought Polydextrose there, which is what I use to make syrups.
http://www.store.honeyvillegrain.co...TS&Category=288

I just ordered oat fiber (0 carbs, all fiber), Polydextrose and Hi-Maize resistant starch from them.
  #204   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-05, 10:32
Pitclerk

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Am posting this to all my new online LC friends who were kind enough to post in my journal yesterday.... (and thank you for the welcome).... I send out a "Sunshine Update" usually once a week to my email buddies and family.... I will start (as of this morning) posting it in my journal as well.... if you have the time to visit, it may give you a sense of who I am (many people would like to make sense of who I am).... a bit faster than multiple posts.... you won't know half of what I am talking about, but you WILL understand some of my trials and tribulations living with "Poor Ray"..... hope to reach some of you!!
  #205   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-05, 01:09

Stats: 205/190/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Wow...just had two incredible ideas. A bisquit bowl-muffin with homemade sausage gravy... What else? Well...I've never tried this but quite a few people use whipped cream cheese with splenda or sf syrup as a snack. I dont know about that...but it sounds like it would be incredible to have a lemon bowl-muffin with lemon cream cheese frosting...or a chocolate one with sf b52 cream cheese. Dont think I'll be doing it for quite a while...but now that i've thought of it...I know I'll try it at some point!

BTW...anyone use carbsense zero carb baking mix? That's what I've been using. Just curious.
  #206   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-05, 12:53

Plan: high fat atkins
Stats: 250/184/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 66%

hi,
I did 1/3 cup flax meal, 1 egg, a lot of cinnamon (maybe 1 tsp), tiny bit of vanilla, and about 1 tbsp 0 carb maple syrup. (Sorry I don't measure. Just eyeball). Spread with butter. It was very much like those harvest grain pancakes at IHOP.

It was very good and not too sweet. You could top with more syrup.
Valerie
  #207   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 11:17

Stats: 230/208/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default bowl muffins thank you

I just found the bowl muffin concept. as opposed to the bowl muffin recipe. lol. I am now your devoted fan, ready to start a Nancy Fan Club. You have saved my life style. Not just my LC lifestyle. Thank you, thank you, thank you for starting this thread.
I did the gingerbread and it was wonderful. I just bought a bottle of sugar free Danish Pastry flavor from DaVinci, Wow did that make a joyful experience for my mouth. Oh yeah.
Maggie
  #208   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 11:35
Experimenter

BF:

Woo woo! Sounds like you need some Lemon Curd for on top of that muffin! Although, maybe I shouldn't get you started, you'll end up buying 3 dozen eggs at a time like I am now.
  #209   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-05, 23:15

Plan: Restarted LCHF 1/22/17
Stats: 288.8/160.2/135 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:66.1%/33.5%/24%
Progress: 84%

Just wanted to chime in how much i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE bowl muffins! I will have to try that bowl biscuit, and i'm REALLY looking forward to trying the "stuffing" bowl muffin that was posted a hwile back. I havne't had a chance yet. However, I'm going to probably mkae turkey tomorrow for dinner with my prarents, and that might be a good time to try it!

These make such and excellent breakfast and really keep me going all day thorugh work and the gym before i get home to eat again. I love it. I wish i were as inventive as y'all are. I've made a few creations, like the cinnamon toast bowl muffin, but some of these ideas are out of htis world
  #210   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 07:07
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have used Carbquik and Carbsense, Zajack. Both seem to work well.