Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#706   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 07:56

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

darn right it is and good thing is there is TONS of carnivore options to eat out there truly. just takes a bit of asking for the right foods and they will serve ya want you want. Convenience when needed, I hear ya on that!
Sponsored Links
  #707   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 13:26

Plan: LC/carnivore 6/26/23
Stats: 200/194/137 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

But I have to check my order

Sometimes I go to the drive-through and say no bread but they still give me bread so I now check EVERY bag before I drive away
I just tell them I’m sensitive to gluten and need to avoid bread
I have had to use some ketchup with my meat but it makes me look forward to meal at least and it makes it taste better. I know ketchup has sugar but I don’t use a lot.

I’m so grateful I am losing weight

I could have destroyed my body and I hope any pain I have now will go away when I’m back at 137 lbs
  #708   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-22, 04:20

BF:

oh yea I used to eat a tad of ketchup on my burgers too when I started zc. It is a trace amt, not enough to worry about for most of us....but eventually ya might just drop it later when the taste is not as great as it used to be but some drop it, some keep a little.
  #709   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-22, 08:47

BF:

What about heavy cream in your coffee ? Do you use it?
  #710   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-22, 11:16

BF:

sorry, I hate coffee so I never drank it.

so I rarely do HWC. Only time I use it when I was eating tons of homemade alfredo sauce. HWC, butter, a ton of fresh parm cheese melted in it and a small shake of garlic and I slammed that all over my chicken and other meats....did great on my shrimp too but in the end, heck I dropped my alfredo sauce mostly. rare I make it now, I just don't require it.

HWC is dairy, while so do great on it some need to dump it but if you do ok on that coffee with hwc then have it and enjoy it. Many zc people drink that.
  #711   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-22, 13:54

BF:

Well sometimes when I drink coffee with heavy cream my stomach is upset but I’m not sure if it’s the coffee that’s upsetting it or the heavy cream

I lost more weight today so I’m very happy I plant exercise tonight

I had to take a personal day they didn’t want me working from home so that’s what I did
  #712   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-22, 06:45

BF:

Super congrats you are doing well E

yea could be coffee or cream or ?

only way to truly know is total elimination and then add back. Other than that you kinda just gotta 'feel your way' thru the right path on it that suits you.
  #713   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-22, 11:49

BF:

OK so first challenge of the day my parents invited me to a fancy steak restaurant tonight

I was very honest with them and told them it really wasn’t necessary to take me to such an expensive restaurant where ALL I can eat is steak
I had to be very honest with my mom and tell her I’m not having Caesar salad right now

She completely understood

I told her if she wanted to spend time with me I could come over there later but that I was very motivated not only am going to the gym today but getting my apartment fixed up

I feel bad because I don’t want to hurt their feelings but why should I waste their gift cards to that place they bought gift cards but it is silly to use them on me
A steak dinner there comes with so many other extras and I’m not necessarily needing those extras

So basically I told her no and she’s OK with it

Maybe if they went to a less expensive place I would go but it’s not worth it for me I could just go to Wendy’s 🤣🤣🤣
Or Whole Foods and make steak at home 👻👻
  #714   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-22, 21:38

BF:

So I ended up going to the beautiful restaurant and I stayed in my diet I had for jumbo shrimp with no breading they were cocktail shrimp but I didn’t have any sauce with them either and then I had a 10 ounce filet mignon cooked medium well but it was really medium and it was delicious and there was no sauce on that and I drink with water maybe the water had a drop of that sugar-free stuff in it but that was about my whole meal
  #715   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-22, 05:17

BF:

AND that is how you do a restaurant on carnivore

good job E!

Any time I go out I give the sides to my family. Any sides with meals I ask for in little side dishes and my hubby and kid usually eat it and I feel like I did get some bang for my buck buying my meal and not eating any of the sides, lol

Jumbo shrimp and filet mignon...now that is a great meal!
  #716   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-22, 09:33

BF:

Well this restaurant was so fancy the filet mignon doesn’t even come with sides!
Luckily my dad had a 100 gift certificate
  #717   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-22, 09:49

BF:

LOL yes I get those super expensive ones. they rob ya blind real fast but darn, sometimes the meal is just that good.

me and hubby hit an expensive one at the beach one time and for 2 of us near 200 but my filet mignon and lobster were to die for literally, no sides offered unless purchased but in the end, great meal but for me, damn, not happening alot on my wallet LOL
  #718   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-22, 09:41

BF:

Hope everyone is doing well and lucky thing is NO big holidays are on us LOL

doing fine and my new year thing is eat very clean on plan and I am doing just that.
  #719   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-22, 21:35

Plan: 12/25/63 (c/p/f)
Stats: 218/207.8/155 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 16%

Stores are exploding with Valentine's candy, but lucky for me I don't really care.

Good to hear you're doing so well, Karen. I had some emotional eating this week, my anxiety was off the charts and I tried to fix it with old behaviors. I got the shakes and jitters after binging on carbs, it was horrible. The feeling of relief ended the second I finished the meal.

I'm back on track now, relying on exercise to manage stress and eating clean again. Fingers crossed I don't get bad cravings in the next few days.
  #720   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-22, 23:38

BF:

Greetings Karen and others!!!

I am changing my plan but I am not giving up this thread. It is a very supportive thread and I agree - We can’t let all the holidays cause us to become “addicts”. Just because I might incorporate more vegetables or fruits into my diet does not mean I am going to let this Hallmark Holiday put me in the hospital.

I have to be very aware now of unconscious eating and snacking and I have to make sure if I eat something it is not because I’m bored or watching the TV etc. Maybe I should have set meal times?

I’m very lucky that work keeps me so busy but even at night I sometimes get on my work computer to escape snacking.
I need to start knitting or exercising or something else in front of the TV to avoid EATING. That would help me because all it takes is ONE good Clean eating DAy and we are Motivated!!!!