Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 08:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/201/145
BF:
Progress: -12%
Default Eggs have carbs?

I am on my last day of induction. I wrote before and was told I was not eating enough or drinking enough water. I went to fitday.com and I am tracking my intake closer. Still can't get the 1900 calories, but I am closer.

I noticed that when I put in eggs, it shows it has carbs. I thought they did not have carbs.

Can anyone confirm this?

Gilta
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 08:30

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Yes eggs do contain carbs. Around .6
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 08:33

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Gilta, yes, eggs have carbs. So do cheeses, coffee, cream etc. Everything that isnt a fat (oil or butter) or a lean cut of meat has some carbs in it. The "Free Foods" that you're wondering about contain so few carbs that if you're following Atkins to the letter, and keeping to your 20g, don't add up to much.

Generally speaking keeping carbs below 30g a day wont make much of a difference in fat loss; by starting you out at 20g and setting things up so you don't have to worry about counting those free foods Induction gets you into fat burning mode - the fine tweaking and exact carb counting is something you can worry about during OWL.

FYI, there is a great carb counter on this site under "Low Carb Tools" where you can check out your foods, if interested.

HTH,
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 09:07

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 260/260/155 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Gilta,

What I discovered was that those .6's added up. I have stopped eating most cheese and limiting my eggs and bacon, just to make sure I have room for vegies each day.

I am having trouble with keeping up the calories but water is now second nature. You never see me with out a liter bottle in my hand. Down it with vitamins in the morning, have it on your desk at work, and don't even start fixing dinner until you have downed some more.

Good luck - Susan
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 11:03
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I am having trouble with keeping up the calories but water is now second nature.

Add more fat. To quote Nat, 'Fat is your friend!'

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 11:19

BF:
Default Tired of meat

I am getting tired of meat and fat. About 70% of what I eat is fat, 28% protein and 1-2% carbs. I am really wanting something good, besides meat, but that immediately ups my carb count, whether it is vegies or eggs or cheese. I don't really bake or cook much and am tired of the snacks (canned tuna or fish) I am eating. I want something I can just snack on while watching a movie. Any suggestions?

My menu today was:

Breakfast: 2 eggs and 5 thin strips of bacon.

Lunch: 8oz hamburger, cooked in Worchestershire sauce with 1 oz cheese and a cup of fennel

Dinner: 10 oz pork roast and spinach

Susan
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 19:40

Plan: atkins/PP/my own
Stats: 180/133/140
BF:sz 14/4-6/toned 4
Progress: 118%

I have heard that Brie cheese has only .1 carb per ounce. I'm not completely positive (I read it here) but that's a great snack and very filling and full of fat! I also like pork rinds (just don't smell them.....they smell gross). Though I'm not sure if you could get them in Germany. Other than that, I love Macadamia nuts, but they are my downfall for sure....I just can't stop at "a serving"......carby but yummy!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 00:34

BF:

Thanks, Gracie-poo,

I will check at the commissary for pork rinds. I kind of like brie but usually on good French bread but may try it. The pork rinds are a great idea .

Susan
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 02:13
Registered Member

Plan: FatLocity (as of 10 March 02)
Stats: 291/276/175
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default What about this...

How about making a dip... with cottage cheese and tuna, or smoked oysters and sour cream... with some celery sticks?

Kim